Soccer/Footy 2015-2016

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I saw a stat that Arsenal had yet to lose at home with Flamini starting which just boggles the mind as he's terrible. Walcott was off as well, should have kept Giroud on as funny as that sounds from just a couple of months ago.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Why cant Arsenal ever beat Chelsea? Its pretty astonishing. They were at home playing an awful Chelsea side who didnt start Hazard and still let their nemesis Costa get on the end of a cross to lose the game. They would have been top with a win, but now instead take a home loss to a vulnerable side who if they were ever going to beat, it was this game.

Chelsea is undefeated in their last 7, but still Arsenal is supposed to be the class of the league and when your in that position you beat teams like this.

Liverpool game was incredible. Llalana's finish looked tidy enough but it was actually a superb strike he had to pounce upon, as well as judge it perfectly, which he did, flooring it into the net. One of the more exciting games in recent memory, Im happy for Klopp. I think they still have a shot at least to challenge for a top 4 spot depending what happens with the Spurs.

Elerion

N00b
Another top performance against a world class side secures Liverpool a spot in the finals of the most important cup in England!

Oh well, karmic justice after that goal which never should have stood, I suppose.

I won't lie, even a League Cup trophy would actually feel so fucking good this year.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'm not expecting the kids that LFC will play to go to Upton Park and get anything, should have won yesterday. Benteke seems to be getting worse and worse the longer he's under Klopp, not surprising as even though Lewandowski is about the same size he's much more mobile than Benteke. Won't be surprised to wake up the in the morning and find Benteke has put in a transfer request with the Euro's coming up and all as I think his time starting games in the PL is over under Klopp.

PKS

N00b
Now I'm complaining = [ [

Cept it's Glazers. Always Glazers.
Even if LvG gets fired tomorrow after losing Stoke, this time next year we'll still have same issues. And maybe another managers reputation tarnished.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Can't tell if Stoke looked awful or ManU looked great. Either way, it's looking better for VG

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Next weekend is going to be interesting. Top 4 teams play each other .... must win for Arsenal.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
VG has got to go. That was just awful. Can't make Giggs wait through a 3rd coach. They should do it now before May while they can still bring in some of Fergies old assistants.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
VG has got to go. That was just awful. Can't make Giggs wait through a 3rd coach. They should do it now before May while they can still bring in some of Fergies old assistants.
If Giggsy-Wiggsy doesn't get the nod this time, I think he's gonna leave. It's now or never for ManU to give him the chance. I mean, how much worse can it get? On the other hand they might go balls to the wall and go after The Chosen One

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Lol, Ferguson assistants to the rescue? None of them are him and the thought that they can recreate the SAF days is just ludicrous. He's gone and never coming back, welcome to life as any other team. In looking at the Caf I see some posts for Rafa as an interim manager, guess I shouldn't be surprised by talk of Giggs or any of the other class of '92 being looked at longingly when it's come to this. Gives me a laugh at least.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Who said they were coming to the rescue? Good teams create legacies. Might be a new concept for you. I imagine you're a Liverpool fan or something based on your "I'll ask and answer my own assumptions!" Post.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
You're right, there is nothing left to rescue. LvG should get another year at minimum.

PKS

N00b
biggrin.png

But I'm in the <1% of fans that doesn't hate LvG. It's a lonely place, it makes debates in the Utd forums pretty hard to conduct. I'm indifferent to the hatred however, the issues that Utd have will still be there whatever the manager will be 12 months from now.