Soccer/Footy 2015-2016

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Don't know why, but I'm actually pleased for city. Like pellegrini a ton and dislike psg so win win

Xelnix_sl

shitlord
Hoping for a Man City/Bayern semi.

/edit. Actually looking for a Man City/Bayern final. If City loses fourth place, Pep could knock himself out of CL next season.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'm in Liverpool and it's

rrr_img_130937.jpg

faille

Molten Core Raider
holy fucken christ.
One of the all time best games I've ever seen.
So worth getting up at 5am!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Excellent defending, that. Jokes aside, that was pretty freaking remarkable and it brings up a thought.... LCFC win the premiership. Spurs/Arse finish 2/3. City wins CL. Pool wins EL. Manc snatches 4th - you know a bit about that scenario, eh Neki?! Stranger things have happened.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Dunno wtf just happened, my first European game at Anfield and couldn't have scripted it better, all you can ask for after that start is that the team doesn't give up and gets it to the point where one more goal wins it.

I have a match program I'll post to anyone that wants it, just pm your address, if you trust me not to send a SWAT team round that is

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
HOOOLY SHIT.

I am fucking stunned. Im a closet Liverpool fan, as I support Chelsea, but since Klopp came in and they told Rodgers to walk, I have taken a liking to this side as I loved Klopp in Germany. I had a feeling this guy was a quality, quality coach who was simply in a situation beneath his class. The Bundesliga is a great European league, but lets be honest,its a Bayern Munich league at this point, and him being the leader at Dortmund was a good start, but you knew this guy was destned to be great at a bigger club.

Liverpool should be fucking ecstatic that they have Klopp for the next few years. He is about to win you silverware for the first time in a long time.

Anyway, what an incredible win for Liverpool and their fans. Yea it had Klopps fingerprints all over it, with the smashing offensive barrage, the unrelenting pressure mid to top, I mean, he basically went down 3-1 and was like "lol fuck it" and just let the guys go. Origi is pretty fucking good, and the fact that Lovren scored the winner was just that much sweeter for Liverpool supporters. If they win the trophy that goal will be remembered and his reputation at Anfield will be repaired.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
HOOOLY

Anyway, what an incredible win for Liverpool and their fans. Yea it had Klopps fingerprints all over it, with the smashing offensive barrage, the unrelenting pressure mid to top, I mean, he basically went down 3-1 and was like "lol fuck it" and just let the guys go. Origi is pretty fucking good, and the fact that Lovren scored the winner was just that much sweeter for Liverpool supporters. If they win the trophy that goal will be remembered and his reputation at Anfield will be repaired.
It was a cup game, any manager would have done the same facing elimination.

It either works or backfires miserably, look at Southampton when we beat them 6-1 in the league cup.

Klopp fucked up by playing 4-2-3-1 at the start, Can and Milner were overran in midfield which is why the two Dortmund goals were so simple. Firmino didn't offer the midfield pair any support.

So yeah, great performance and somehow Dortmund choked but don't mistake all out attack in a knockout game as tactical genius

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It was a cup game, any manager would have done the same facing elimination.

It either works or backfires miserably, look at Southampton when we beat them 6-1 in the league cup.

Klopp fucked up by playing 4-2-3-1 at the start, Can and Milner were overran in midfield which is why the two Dortmund goals were so simple. Firmino didn't offer the midfield pair any support.

So yeah, great performance and somehow Dortmund choked but don't mistake all out attack in a knockout game as tactical genius
Its still shows a penchant for making adjustments, unlike a Van Gaal. Some managers are stubborn or have too much pride to alter their tactics that drastically. Klopp deserves all the credit he can get at this point.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I did think earlier to how the Coutinho goal at Old Trafford effectively killed that game but I can't remember what subs lvg made.

Again putting on Allen and DS for lallana and firmino wasn't tactical genius, they were the subs the whole ground at least those around me wanted.

I'm not disagreeing to be a dick just pointing out there was nothing radical. The biggest part klopp played was making the team think a comeback was possible, at least that's what Milner said today

Compare last night with utd in last round, they never had that belief that they could turn it round in the second half. So yes of course the manager can influence it, just saying tactically it was nothing radical but glad you enjoyed it. My left shin is bruised to hell from jumping around , there's not much leg room at anfield!

faille

Molten Core Raider
super tempted but I still hold out hope that my first program will be from a game I attended

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
His conversion rate isn't going to stay at 4 goals from 8 shots though, at which point the ManU fans will be looking for their next savior.