SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Shit when I met my now wife and she found out I enjoyed (mmo)RPGs she thought I went out into the woods and LARP'd. She was a bit freaked out by that. When she found out it was just video games she had no problem. Then she read Twilight and 50 Shades and is into that RP shit in the woods now. lol FREAK!

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I second this shit. You are a person. You have a (very very cheap) hobby. I mean, what I spend on video games in a month could easily be blown at the bar in one night with my wife and I. Just because you want to geek out for a few hours every once in a while? Shouldn't be a problem. Do you bitch when she goes to the mall and spends 3 hours deciding between the blue and slightly lighter blue nail polish?
my good buddy games and his wife bitched at him about gaming. He goes, alright, well, then i will start goign back to the bars on the weekends with my brother. Since then she hasnt said shit about his game playing. lol

I agree though, a man should be able to have his cheap hobby for an hour or 2 a night. Women have all kinds of fuckign hobbies that are way more expensive.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Depends if he's playing games when they're supposed to be hanging out or if it's a few hours at night.
He mentioned trying to play for 45 minutes. So timeframe is established.

Other than that, as a married man maybe this is different but whats "supposed to be hanging out"? When she just showed up at my house she knew if I was in the middle of shit I was finishing it up. That might take an hour+ depending on the game or activity I was doing. Now, if they're like "Okay, reservations at 7" and he logs into Destiny at 6 to get 45 minutes before they leave for the restaurant, possible making them late? Yeah, I get it...I doubt thats the case though.

Fubarbox_sl

shitlord
I always feel like I got lucky when I met my now wife (going on 13 years, married young). I played games before I met her (mostly Command and Conquer, Warcraft, doom, and what not), but she is the one who got me to try MMOs for the first time, with Eq1. We both spent way to much time being borderline addicted to MMOs over the years, but about 5 years ago she stopped playing them (time issue between work and school + outgrew them a little I guess). On the bright side, she will still play PS4 games with me on occasion, loves board games as much as I do, and has never once given me grief for playing a game, even when I probably had been on way more than was healthy lol. I do not know what I would have done if my wife did not support my hobbies or if she thought of them as lesser or as a kids thing to be put away with age. I can tell you one thing, we would not have lasted this long. So Woot! for significant others that accept you for who you are. That said, I still do my part and put down the controller of my own free will enough to keep our relationship solid. Just because she is onboard with my hobbies does not mean I should ignore her.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Ex-girlfriend used to bitch occasionally about video games until I told her I didn't wanna watch her stupid fucking A&E murder shows. I generally feel as if women have less hobbies than guys. Most men I have ever known can usually always find a way to stay busy. Women hate being alone.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Ex-girlfriend used to bitch occasionally about video games until I told her I didn't wanna watch her stupid fucking A&E murder shows. I generally feel as if women have less hobbies than guys. Most men I have ever known can usually always find a way to stay busy. Women hate being alone.
When my wife and I first married (granted, we were both 22 and more or less freshly out of college) I came home from work exhausted (was in the army) and went to take a nap. She got this look on her face like she was about to burst into tears and said, "But I waited all day for you, asshole!"

It was at this point that I took a more active role in helping her find a solo hobby. Fast forward ten years and I can say that this is one of the best decisions of my life.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There are cutting edge raid guilds with lower attendance requirements than most GFs.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
My wife was the same way until recently I showed her how to find time during the day to read a book. She likes reading but always complained that she had no time. Now she reads bits here and there and now a lot at night during our TV time. More video games for me.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
I would be in a world of shit if my wife wasn't a geek. We play MMO's together, board games, DnD (she is DMing Red Hand of Doom for us), plus she has her own shit she likes to do when she wants to lay around like crocheting and watching TV dramas.

Eonan

Doer of Things
Fuck, you just described my ex to a T. She would watch shitty TV (AE shows, reality TV) and then complain about me playing video games instead of watching them with her. Put a GOOD TV show on though and she had no fucking interest.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My ex wife hated my gaming, didn't matter what form it was. When I was close to making Pro Tour for MTG she hated that, she hated when i played D&D once a week and she hated when i played WoW...even if she was in bed sleeping. I curbed back a great deal and sold my MTG collection to buy our house. (biggest mistake ever) and she ended up having an affair and that was that. I told myself I wouldn't compromise my hobbies (within reason) for a woman again.

My wife now doesn't mind my computer gaming but she gets annoyed at D&D sometimes, mainly because shes so introverted she would rather stay home and that I be with her. I told her early on that's not how things work and once in awhile she'll get pissy but I ignore it and she's fine later. I only play like twice a month if I'm lucky. She was bitching about it to a friend of hers once and her friend laughed at her. "So let me get this strait, you're angry your husband goes to his friends, plays a game and never leaves other then to eat, isn't drinking or hanging out with other women and is home by 11 twice a month?" That's when things got better for the most part.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
SOE/DB is like an abusive ex in a lot of ways, so I'd say the thread is still on the rails.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
My ex wife hated my gaming, didn't matter what form it was. When I was close to making Pro Tour for MTG she hated that, she hated when i played D&D once a week and she hated when i played WoW...even if she was in bed sleeping. I curbed back a great deal and sold my MTG collection to buy our house. (biggest mistake ever) and she ended up having an affair and that was that. I told myself I wouldn't compromise my hobbies (within reason) for a woman again.

My wife now doesn't mind my computer gaming but she gets annoyed at D&D sometimes, mainly because shes so introverted she would rather stay home and that I be with her. I told her early on that's not how things work and once in awhile she'll get pissy but I ignore it and she's fine later. I only play like twice a month if I'm lucky. She was bitching about it to a friend of hers once and her friend laughed at her. "So let me get this strait, you're angry your husband goes to his friends, plays a game and never leaves other then to eat, isn't drinking or hanging out with other women and is home by 11 twice a month?" That's when things got better for the most part.
What? Your woman wasn't in to your professional MTG life? Shocking!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You don't need to be into someones hobbies to support them and be with them. That point was lost on you I guess. I'm not into my wifes photography of abandoned places either but I support her and go with her regardless.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm lucky, my wife doesn't give me grief about my gaming unless I get neglectful over an extended period, and then it's a simple, "we haven't hung out all week, will you come cuddle please?" She gets more frustrated with how often my friends come over and prevent sexy time than anything. I've always had a fairly open door policy on my friends coming to hang out, so sometimes I don't notice that they've been over a lot. Hell most of the time if I'm gaming, my wife will actively come watch me play something so she can get the story from it. She will actually sit down and play games herself, she just isn't very good at anything FPS orientated, so a lot of times she loves watching me play something just so she can get the story without having to power through playing with controls that often leaves her character ingame looking like a retarded monkey with half a tree crammed up its asshole with a limp. She also likes a lot of puzzle and platformer games and is a direct target/consumer for 80-90% of the indie game scene, so she's been plenty happy, and is about 80% of the reason my ps4 gets utilized for gaming here recently. Her gaming habits alone have paid for my ps4 gold membership 10 times over.

My ex before my wife was a complete 180 though. She hated me gaming, wouldn't watch me play, and bitched non stop if I was playing with her around, regardless of circumstances. And she was on par with some of the above, examples of her favorite shows being Real Housewives of "insert whatever state" and The Kardashians. At least she let me cum on her face I guess, overall super happy I got out of that shitshow for sure.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
There is a lesson in all these cases, its better for your significant (bitch) other to hate you at times rather than give into them and lose some self identity. Women are like cats, they love people who hate them.

Oh yeah, and DBG blah blah.