SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
rrr_img_89462.jpg
Am I the only one that thought this?

rrr_img_89603.jpg

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
SoE has been shit since the old EQ days before WoW came in and took 87.98% of their playerbase. They have never released anything of real gaming value since then. The only golden nugget they shit out in the past 15 yrs has been Planetside 2, but even that game they cannot manage correctly so the servers have been slowly consolidating. Some good ideas squandered because of bad management and having the wrong people in leadership positions.

The writing was on the walls people. You create shit and buy the shittiest of the shit for the better part of a decade, what do you expect?

Prediction? Smed is gone within a month or two. That fork tongue needs to be finally loped off.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Been getting password reset requests from my new Daybreak accounts, I wonder if it's people trying to take them to resell or if it's Dexella trying to log into her new account.

Ceder_sl

shitlord
I'm really dubious about all this. This is all about making money, these firms don't have the attachment to the actual games.. I think we got a huge shit sandwich coming. Probably lots of pay to win items already being made for the cash shops...
When you replace the word "firms" with "pixel cartels", it all falls into place....
cool.png

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Hell of a picture it's about as sad as watching someone clear out their desk which I want to see if it happens.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
So will they be vacating the premise or will Daybreak assume the lease/rent of the facility?

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I can only take the news of Sony dumping Soe as a net positive. EQ next was started in 09. We are going on 6 years here and all we have is Landmark. I hope the top 10 people at SOE/Daybreak get fired. I'm sure they are nice warm people but they sure as hell can't make a good mmo.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I got passed this information.

[-]killahsin 139 points 15 hours ago
just so you guys know one of columbus novas heads jason epstein is the guy that personally bought harmonix BACK from viacom allowing them to become an independent dev studio again.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Yeah like I said previously if they're willing to fund Rhapsody of all companies, SOE is in better shape with this move (after a sizable reduction in staff of course).

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Try to keep up. It's a name change.
Name change... Today.

Georgeson, Butler, and Smedley - Fired. Tomorrow.

All other employees let go next week.

All IP's and infrastructure liquidated next month.

Gordon Walton wins the $317 million dollar powerball and leaves Zynga.

Entire company reformed.

John Smedley, Rich Vogel, George Scotto, Paul Sage, Brad McQuaid, Matt Firor, Jeff Butler, Steve Danuser, and Dave Georgeson - all brought into the company as leadership.

Gordon Walton runs out of funds after 4 months.

Once and for all, all these assholes that have been holding back the entire MMORPG genre get deported to Guam.

Game industry rejoices.

Now THIS would be the ultimate outcome.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I got passed this information.

[?]killahsin 139 points 15 hours ago
just so you guys know one of columbus novas heads jason epstein is the guy that personally bought harmonix BACK from viacom allowing them to become an independent dev studio again.
Well, he is most likely in charge of this from what I gathered earlier.

Sony Online Entertainment Becomes Daybreak - Page 7

He is responsible for all of Columbus Nova?s private investment activities, and co-leads Columbus Nova?s three primary investment vehicles: Columbus Nova Credit Investment Managers, Columbus Nova Special Opportunities Fund, and Columbus Nova Real Estate Acquisition Group.
List of Private Companies Worldwide, Letter - Businessweek

He is also the director of Rhapsody International Inc.

Rhapsody annual loss widens to $14M, revenue slips in tough year for music service - GeekWire

Rhapsody cut 15 percent of its workforce last September, and its longtime president, Jon Irwin, stepped down with the arrival of a new investor, Columbus Nova Technology Partners, which made a ?significant investment? in the music service. Columbus Nova is known in part for its earlier acquisition of Rock Band creator Harmonix from Viacom, which has been a longtime Rhapsody investor.
Epstein is/was also the director of Intergis, LLC

As of February 8, 2011, Intergis, LLC was acquired by Telogis, Inc. Intergis, LLC designs, develops, and distributes mobile resource management software.
Landmark on phones!!!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Try to keep up. It's a name change.
True.. I am probably jumping the gun but I guess the last time I experienced going through a "name change", all the signs change to resolve all the legal aspects of the deal and logistics and then within 30 days you had the option to move to Atlanta or find another job.