SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

Mazim

Golden Knight of the Realm
This is NOT just a name change. This is a tax write off for Columbus Nova. Changes are up to Columbus Nova, and I highly doubt anyone outside of the firms owners know what will happen except them.

Dejoblue_sl

shitlord
I understand not releasing any EQNext info because the way people consume content now / get bored, why not hold back until you have a "solid" product to display? Now granted we are talking about SoE so "solid" could me all sorts of things, but you get the idea.
They have been releasing lore and art etc. All that is left is like quests and raids etc.

BUT

They are touting that you wont be able to Google what to do, what the strategy is, where to complete this quest, etc. it is supposed to be dynamic.

All we have seen is a scenario of dryad nymphs versus demons in the forest and how storybricks tech will let that play out and how we can influence that.

There SHOULD be no harm in releasing info, all info, let alone more than what we have.

I am also not keen on players designing the game. I know, I know they say that is all Landmark, but I also see them copy/pasting Landmark player made buildings into EQNext because it is there, free and ready made.

If that is the case then just let me rent my own EQN server for $15/month and give me the tools and I will be the DM and make my own game. Like Neverwinter Nights.

And that is the future. That will be the legacy of Minecraft if anyone catches on and gives us a real sandbox with modern graphics.

Just like DND I can create y own shitty stories using DND rules, my own maps, my own monsters, my own loot.

Anyways i am off topic.

They would show us what they have if they had anything.

What they have you can go see in Landmark.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
They have been releasing lore and art etc. All that is left is like quests and raids etc.

BUT

They are touting that you wont be able to Google what to do, what the strategy is, where to complete this quest, etc. it is supposed to be dynamic.

All we have seen is a scenario of dryad nymphs versus demons in the forest and how storybricks tech will let that play out and how we can influence that.

There SHOULD be no harm in releasing info, all info, let alone more than what we have.

I am also not keen on players designing the game. I know, I know they say that is all Landmark, but I also see them copy/pasting Landmark player made buildings into EQNext because it is there, free and ready made.

If that is the case then just let me rent my own EQN server for $15/month and give me the tools and I will be the DM and make my own game. Like Neverwinter Nights.

And that is the future. That will be the legacy of Minecraft if anyone catches on and gives us a real sandbox with modern graphics.

Just like DND I can create y own shitty stories using DND rules, my own maps, my own monsters, my own loot.

Anyways i am off topic.

They would show us what they have if they had anything.

What they have you can go see in Landmark.
They announced a game before they had the tech working. They couldn't get voxels nor player generated content to run like anything other than balmy ass, even worse than PS2 which is an accomplishment in itself. Once again SOE can't manage the tech required to make vidya.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Is that a joke? PvP in EQ2 has always been a joke.
Nah i'm serious. There was a time Nagafen had a lot of good drama on it and plenty of board drama. It felt like EQ again lol. The placed was packed, everyone knew essentially everyone on the server. You knew the good, the idiots, etc. It was a really good experience for about a year or so then SoE got in the way. They listened to cry baby after cry baby. Not to mentioned they ignored core issues with the game such as the number of abilities and hot bars.

EQII had the best Auction House out there. Housing/Guildhalls were the best. I like their crafting honestly and I made a good living out of it. I think it was the most profitable than any other game I played. People bought armor, weapons, bags, food, you name it so it was worth your while. Not to mention if you could make housing items.

It is really a shame that EQII could never get completely off the ground. Two steps forward and three steps back all the time.

Column_sl

shitlord
EQ2 was never a good game, and I poop socked that game up to level cap when it was launched.

Everything that made EQ great was thrown in the toilet for that game, and sprinkled with fairies.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
EQ2 was never a good game, and I poop socked that game up to level cap when it was launched.

Everything that made EQ great was thrown in the toilet for that game, and sprinkled with fairies.
Vanilla eq2 was horrible. I loved Naga fen At release. I was in the group to first hit level cap and we had a rival group close to our level the whole time and we had some great fair group pvp that wasn't just some random gank slaughter.

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Echoes of Faydwer was indeed awesome for EQ2. Vanilla was terrible no argument. A lot of good ideas hidden behind atrocious mechanics or in the case of crafting grinding endlessly and reliance on other crafters to level.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
Landmark News and Commentary February 7th SOE now Daybreak Gaming Company, LLC

It's like when you get married and you get a new last name, but you're still the same person you were before.
Uh...............yea.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Just on a very basic level, this has to delay any/all plans currently on EQN/Landmark I am thinking. (Transition of new people, goals and expectations reset..etc)

Would love to hear some insider info about this transition. (If any SOE peeps still read this forum)

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea. I just can't buy the business as usual. Even ponytail hinted at EQN getting a lot of attention. I know it was already suppose to anyway but bringing it up in that context leads me to believe their deadline was possibly moved up. You never get new management and things not change. Things will change, hopefully for the better. If I see them hiring, that would be a positive sign.

I guess I'm more in the minority bc I don't want people to lose their jobs. If EQN is an abortion then yea, but I'd like to see them finish that project first.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Yea. I just can't buy the business as usual. Even ponytail hinted at EQN getting a lot of attention. I know it was already suppose to anyway but bringing it up in that context leads me to believe their deadline was possibly moved up. You never get new management and things not change. Things will change, hopefully for the better. If I see them hiring, that would be a positive sign.

I guess I'm more in the minority bc I don't want people to lose their jobs. If EQN is an abortion then yea, but I'd like to see them finish that project first.
I don't think any of us want to see the hard working, deserving folks lose their jobs. We're just tired of guys like Smed and Ponytail running the show into the fucking ground and getting phat bonus checks for it.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
I don't think any of us want to see the hard working, deserving folks lose their jobs. We're just tired of guys like Smed and Ponytail running the show into the fucking ground and getting phat bonus checks for it.
This. I don't want some guy I've never heard of who's busting his ass at SOE for three years or whatever to get shitcanned. I have zero problem with the detached and detrimental "old guard" so to speak being let go.