SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
SInce the post got deleted:

"In case anyone missed what the post actually was:
I was unable to post on the Everquest subreddit.
H1Z1 will get a smaller map as well as a remake of "Z1". The PS4 port is looking good. After that new skins will continue to be released but most of the team will be moved over to Planetside 3.
Just Survive is on its last legs. Several ideas for increasing profits have been floated around but at this point it looks like a sunset is most likely.
Planetside 2 was supposed to be getting new character models and animations in May. A new map and an aircraft carrier are planned for the end of the year.
Planetside 3 is in early development. Other teams will be siphoned into this project next year. This will be a team based battle royal game that combines the building aspect of Fortnite with territory acquisition.
Everquest will have one last expansion. The 20th anniversary will introduce a series of nostalgic raids that tie into complex quests. These quests can be done in order to grant alternate characters powerful scaling weapons.
Everquest 2 will also have one last expansion and eventually a similar series of send-off weapon quests and raids.
Everquest 3 has been back in development for a year and is being rebuilt from the ground up. It aims to compete with Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen and to be the first fantasy MMORPG to put an emphasis on team battle royal PvP.
I don't have anything on DCUO."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eq3 and PvP? Wtf just liquidate your assets and sell the IP to a company that isn't fucking retarded.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Good to see a huge leak like that. Pretty lulz worthy and real great info.

I chortled hard at "competing against Pantheon."

For some reason, that made me giggle and think Pantheon had their shit together moreso than Daybreak...Which feels weird even thinking for a second

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I hate DB but i love EQ - why do the gods tease me with having to deal with these DBags for a potential EQ fix?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Battle Royale works great for First Person Shooters so obviously it will work in an MMORPG

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Good to see a huge leak like that. Pretty lulz worthy and real great info.

I chortled hard at "competing against Pantheon."

For some reason, that made me giggle and think Pantheon had their shit together moreso than Daybreak...Which feels weird even thinking for a second

I mean daybreak is just the highest paid execs plus the lowest paid everyone else left over from SOE.

And SoE wasnt good.

Eonan

Doer of Things
I mean...both games would have to actually release in order for them to compete.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
It sounds like EQ3 with an emphasis on battle royal PvP would be competing more with Camelot Unchained (although there is no pve in camelot unchained) and Ashes of Creation, rather than Pantheon.

I do think it's important to point out though, since people were already replying about how battle royal would never work in an mmorpg setting, that it does actually work and is a lot of fun.

DAoC freeshards had servers dedicated to this that I played on quite a bit between 2004-2007 and were actually wildly popular for a while. They were called last man standing servers, and would rotate game modes throughout the day with anything from 8 man, 5 man, 3 man, 2 man, to solo modes with FFA, or restricted classes like melee only, healer only, stealther only, caster only. Every group or person would start off at a dif spot of the map and the playable map area would get smaller over time until only 1 group or person was left. The winner would be given a reward after each set.

Last edited:

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's confirmed to be a troll.

[–]Dadbot_ 1 point 25 minutes ago
This was posted by a troll who was not employed by DGC. Confirmed to me by Lt Toast on Discord. (I mod two of the other DGC reddits).
They spammed about 6 of the company's game reddits with this.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Thank goodness, theres still hope for an Infantry Online comeback, that game was THE SHIT in highshool.
Make it happen putin! bring back Infantry!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
I hate DB but i love EQ - why do the gods tease me with having to deal with these DBags for a potential EQ fix?

The only thing that will make Everquest Great Again is if the community can run their own servers from a website where you just edit values to customize your server.

Other than that, Everquest is gonna stay as junky as it is forever.

Elidroth

Trakanon Raider
That post is false in almost every way. It wouldn't shock me if there was an EQ3 in the works, but Planetside 3? No.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Seriously. It would obviously be Planetside: Next

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
hmmm I don't see EQ getting a "last" expansion (at least I think they would be smart and release a expansion before they liquidated the IP, which is a possibility.)but competing vs Pantheon ? rofl

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
hmmm I don't see EQ getting a "last" expansion (at least I think they would be smart and release a expansion before they liquidated the IP, which is a possibility.)but competing vs Pantheon ? rofl
It only makes sense if you are trying to bring both communities together into an EQ3.