SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
So how long until they sell the rights to EQ to a mobile game studio that gives less shits?
Fixed that for you
frown.png

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
All the work that Storybricks the company did is still being used. They are no longer using Storybricks for further development of... Storybricks... and will be continuing that work in house. The confusion is that the AI system and the company share the same name.
Oh okay, thanks for the clarification. I think that was the most interesting feature of EQN: non static world/gameplay. I don't really care about voxels, but SB was a cool concept.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Storybricks guys are watching the thread and it sounds like most, but not all the info is under NDA. Sounds like they'll be able to talk a bit more about it soon.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Looks good, but those are all assets from the asset store!

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At least they still have SOEmote (name change pending).
SOEmote has to be, hands down, the stupidest idea ever brought forth in a mmo.

I can't believe no one at SOE had the balls over the last 3 years to tell Georgeson that it was a stupid, stupid idea, and a complete waste of resources.

Vitality

HUSTLE
SOEmote has to be, hands down, the stupidest idea ever brought forth in a mmo.

I can't believe no one at SOE had the balls over the last 3 years to tell Georgeson that it was a stupid, stupid idea, and a complete waste of resources.
Hey man I think it was going to rock.

I'd have totally roleplayed with that system on a pve only server, right guys!?

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I'd really like to know how much money they spent on a technology nobody will ever care about. I mean, even a $50 investment is too much.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
They're not alone on that front. CA wasted time on "impressive" facial animations for commanders in Rome II. Because you know, people playing strategy games (where a single fight has potentially thousands of actors) really want to zoom in close on their guys in all these epic moments!

rrr_img_91134.jpg