SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I know right.. we should have a Rerolled Reporter team. Send Utnayan out there to talk with these guys.
I would love a one on one with Georgeson.

1) You destroyed EQ2 with the Velious expansion, it was the most hated, it had terrible press and player reviews. Yet, you claimed it was the most successful Expac for EQ2. Hilarious. Please explain that as I laugh into my beer mug.

2) He claims he invented the free to play model now being used system wide across it's platform and is the most successful model that others strive for to copy. Tell us, Dave, do you believe your own horseshit and are you seeing anyone for borderline personality disorder?

3) You and Jeff Butler blow more back funded cash on your horrible management of projects than the entire Russian Mafia does when they get together to celebrate the invention of Vodka. How does it feel knowing you are known around the industry as the largest money black hole in the known universe?

4) Any plans to go join Raph Koster's polka band? You really should. And if so, can you bring Butler with you?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
1.) Would love to know. The posts upon posts of player outcry gives plenty of evidence. Absolutely a disaster after Scott and the team had made some huge strides in EQII.

2.) One of his most ignorant claims.

3.) This made me laugh a little as wherever you see Georgeson's name, it's almost as if everything stops. You get no press, no evidence, just some empty comments and a screen shot here and there showing the same thing over and over. You never get anything about the game, it's progress, and how they are going to make things better. He always claims to listen, then throws out an update, and it will have nothing to do with what's actually wrong.

4.) Ut what are your feelings on Koster? I thought he had put some space between those guys and himself over the years?

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
will chip in for required plane tickets, recording devices and an appropriate press hat for "Scoop" Utnayan

press-hat031011.jpg

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'll chip in too, how do we make this happen Draegan?

I think elidroth is our closest public contact on the matter.

Also, I don't think Ut would be "THAT" harsh considering we'd like to get more content in the future.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
4.) Ut what are your feelings on Koster? I thought he had put some space between those guys and himself over the years?
One of the founding forefathers of retardation. All these people learned these traits from somewhere. Georgeson, under proper guidance within a respectable firm, may have been quite a lot better. But when you get failures such as Vogel, Koster, Scotto, Brenlo, Butler, etc - leading by horrible example, you get people that just figure out how to play the same game within their industry to get paid and not be held accountable. These guys are all masters of horrible.

Does Koster even work on games anymore? Once Metaplace bombed all he seems to do now is talk about some glory days where mostly everyone knew he was full of shit anyway.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Raph Coster is currently the Crafting and Econ dev(Consultant?) for Crowfall (Artcraft).

Vitality

HUSTLE
I like the book he wrote and what he did with SWG's Entertainer class and crafting system pre NGE. IDK, maybe I'm missing some of the dirt on this one.

edit: He owns the patent on the entertainer class "Build a buff" mechanic *shrug*

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Guys DoV wasnt that bad. Making crit mit the end all be all stat was revolutionary. Also pqs were revolutionary. And the itemization was revolutionary. And tower of frozen shadow was epic.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I like the book he wrote and what he did with SWG's Entertainer class and crafting system pre NGE. IDK, maybe I'm missing some of the dirt on this one.

edit: He owns the patent on the entertainer class "Build a buff" mechanic *shrug*
He has been pretty out of touch with reality for a while since then. In hindsight I also liked the SWG crafting platform. But there was so much more to do with it that could have been done in terms of the Galactic Civil War.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guys DoV wasnt that bad. Making crit mit the end all be all stat was revolutionary. Also pqs were revolutionary. And the itemization was revolutionary. And tower of frozen shadow was epic.
Wasn't the copy paste itemization put on that fat black dude who went with Brad's pre-evangelical Pantheon dev team v1.0?

Regardless, whoever signed off on that horse shit should have been fired all the way up to the top!

EQ2 was really a ton of fun in EoF / Kunark under Hartsman. Velious was pretty much the polar opposite of that era.

Vitality

HUSTLE
wrap swg pre nge and uo pre trammel in gold plated turd and sign me up for 3 copies. Even if that guy says "Dat" instead of That and spits all over his webcam.

I don't care about voxels and league of everquest. I don't care about any of that shit if I can't hit someone over the head and take their pants.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
real talk. with massively dead we could swoop in and make an equally mediocre MMO news site.

nuke the junkies site and start over.