SOE Becomes Daybreak / Russian shutdown

Mur_sl

shitlord
Did they ever release that combat document they said would be released a week or two (or whatever) after the big reveal?
You mean this one?

rrr_img_105235.jpg

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The PR announcement made it sound like he was getting another position with DB. Wont be happening.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Makes you wonder if they said that to get him out the door without drama or he shot himself in the foot with that world-renowned mouth of his.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yea, it's odd and really misleading. I guess they suspended him and just said fuck it, now is the time to cut the cord? We all expected this to happen, I just didn't think Smed would be dumb enough to give them more ammo than needed..

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Every time I've seen Smed (live stream of SOELive, interviews, etc) he's struck me as a guy who was promoted past his competency. I don't know him personally, maybe he's a cool dude, but the mind boggles at how a CEO could be in charge of so many failed ventures and still be at the helm. Maybe they weren't as failed as we thought? Nah, it's more likely that Sony was big enough to absorb the costs.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
His new twitter profile definitely doesn't help him ever get another job similar to his latest. Of course, his public profile has been upped in a very bad way lately and that kind o job is beyond his abilities. Has to make a few here fairly happy besides Slippery.

Mughal

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Every time I've seen Smed (live stream of SOELive, interviews, etc) he's struck me as a guy who was promoted past his competency. I don't know him personally, maybe he's a cool dude, but the mind boggles at how a CEO could be in charge of so many failed ventures and still be at the helm. Maybe they weren't as failed as we thought? Nah, it's more likely that Sony was big enough to absorb the costs.
Bingo. Sony Online was losing peanuts compared to the bottomless pit that was Sony Japan (for example they still had a factory making floppy disks in 2009). Smed is a great guy and at the same time a biblical plague when it comes to management. Had he produced great quarterly results for the new DB owners he would still in his place, twitter rage or not. You can get a pass the first quarter, but the second quarter it becomes obvious that nothing will change so dasvidaniya tovarish Smed.

Mur_sl

shitlord
I expect to see an new indie studio opening up fairly soon?, with Smed at the helm.

First project will be based on the works of Patrick Rothfuss to coincide with the release of a cable series, (ala Game of Thrones), based on the same.

Or not...

Slacker242

Lord Nagafen Raider
I expect to see an new indie studio opening up fairly soonT, with Smed at the helm.

First project will be based on the works of Patrick Rothfuss to coincide with the release of a cable series, (ala Game of Thrones), based on the same.

Or not...
The Kingkiller Chronicle MMO. We can all level up our tradeskilling on sympathy lamps and run around listening for the name of the wind. Personally I am heading straight to the Felurian and never looking back..

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Maybe Smed can breathe some life into Our World?
He wouldn't be interested in it. I am not selling it, nor marketing it, nor would it be a business venture, like, at all. It will be a free to play game without any revenue generation and for shits and giggles where others can create their own story lines and feed them to others. Which is great for me, because my reward is having more things to play that others make and want to share - for free.

Even you will be able to join Rescorla - I'll know I am in a world you created when I see the opening splash screen picture of Tariq Aziz.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I expect to see an new indie studio opening up fairly soonT, with Smed at the helm.

Or not...
Probably would work. If his timeline is similar to Rothfuss, he could be a variant of Brad and just make people wait years for content. Of course, Rothfuss has superior content to what Smed has put out in ages.