Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

This movie has the potential to be more fan service than Rogue One if they use no new ideas and and adhere to Rich's narrow universe theory. I hope they take their clipboards to the theater and report the results because I'm skipping this one unless I get roped into it on a family movie outing.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures

At least Bradford Young decided to stick it out. That's the best piece of news this movie has had in a while. It may not end up being a very good movie overall but it will be beautifully shot.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't have high expectations for it myself.

At all.

This is the coolest pic yet that Ron Howard has tweeted out though. I never knew they mocked up hyperspace for the shoots.

DFG6o_WWsAAXwdY.jpg:large
Wow yeah, me either. And that's really clever. I wonder is there's a trick to hiding the curve. On the flat screen it looks flat. But the might just be an optical trick created by foreground background perspective. I'm gonna focus on the background next time and see if the curve shows.

I honestly thought they were either painted onto the film (for the first two) or edited in.

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
That practical effect of the hyperspace shot makes me think that perhaps it's being done so that some 'thing' happens during hyperspace.

Whatever it is, I'm glad to see an effect not using CGI.

• 1Solidarity

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I'm a fan so far of how Ron Howard has handled the taking over of this movie. Its fun getting random updates to decipher from him on twitter/insta

• 1Like

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't have high expectations for it myself.

At all.

This is the coolest pic yet that Ron Howard has tweeted out though. I never knew they mocked up hyperspace for the shoots.

DFG6o_WWsAAXwdY.jpg:large

Just shooting from the hip with this idea but... It looks like they're watching video of the interior of a ship. The ginormous hyperspace projection might only exist so that the perfect kind of ambient light is shining into the ship. Seems like the kind of thing that would work better with practical effects than with CGI.

Royal

I'm a fan so far of how Ron Howard has handled the taking over of this movie. Its fun getting random updates to decipher from him on twitter/insta

This is standard MO for Ron Howard. Every movie he's directed since Twitter became a thing he's regularly sent out pictures showing how the sausage was being made.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't want to spoil this by interpreting it for everyone, but suppose he really wants to laugh a bit with Harrison, then just as the emotion comes over him while Harrison begins to bellow infectious laughter-- WHAMMY!

Disney whip-the-dog session after the TFA comments occurs to him-- looks DEAD, and I mean DEAD AT THE LENS of the device and gives it THAT LOOK. Had me in stitches!

I don't care if you love or hate Disney, dislike or like TFA, hope for success after Lord and Miller or hope failure. Meme machine of dreams. THAT LOOK!

Last edited:

Royal

A lot to potentially read between the lines here. As suspected, the reshoots are going to be extensive. He must have had a bigger part than I imagined that it would be if they couldn't get his in during the previously scheduled period. Though not so large he hadn't finished up his shoots already (Donald Glover only finished his this week though he is a lead). It's possible they didn't like what they had enough to even try to bring him back in and are using that May release they're still sticking to as PR cover.

Royal

They sure found a big name to replace Michael K. Williams pretty quickly. Things that make you go "Hmmmmm ...."

• 1Like