Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Bettany has been killing it in the Unabomber special on Discovery

Yeah I've really like him as an actor ever since Master and Commander. They didn't take a step down from Williams in the talent department at least.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Again they prove (just like in R1), the movie is not good and they don't trust the product.
Fuck Disney. Fuck Star Wars

Royal

Vader in R1 was very much fan service as well. Of his two appearances I would say that one was an example of fan service done the way it should be if it has to be done at all (the hallway scene) because it helped the narrative along without otherwise weakening the story. The other (Mustafar) was an example of ill-conceived fan service. It added another planet hop to a movie that already did a little too much of it and it further undermined a character that could have used some shoring up as the main antagonist. All so it could take a deep, deep cut from Star Wars' creative history and bring it to the screen. Something it also had already done a lot of.

They should have stuck with the Vader on the Death Star material but I think they ended up being so pleased with their virtual Tarkin that they decided to eliminate Vader's presence there completely and threw in the bacta tank/force choke scene to make up for it. It really came off as having been shoehorned in.

As for Vader showing up in Han Solo that linked article doesn't confirm anything other than another rumor about it existing. Though I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's in the movie as timid as they are creatively over there. And just like R1 it would come down to how he's used. It will be a harder sell though.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Its a serious leak/rumor, nobody wants to step on any toes, especially not screenrant.

They went about it in a way that I'd expect someone covering a AAA franchise to go about it. They aren't trying to sully reputation or lose potential access.

Royal

Yeah but it's one of those articles where they aren't citing their own source for a leak they're just saying another site claims to have a source and they're running their own piece just to sponge off some web traffic from it. I don't know how concerned screenrant is over their reputation where repeating rumors is concerned when I've seen them cite Mike Zeroh youtube videos as "sources" in some of their SW related pieces. That guy is a colossal, attention whoring fraud.

Royal

I dunno. The popular guess is that is the Spice Mines of Kessel, which could be how they intersect Vader (if he is indeed in the movie) with a younger Han Solo since the Empire would send prisoners there to be worked to death. One prisoner in particular, a singer, was sent there by Vader himself for a song she had performed mocking his fake limbs. But more than likely that is where he will meet Chewbacca, since wookies were commonly sent there during that time.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
One prisoner in particular, a singer, was sent there by Vader himself for a song she had performed mocking his fake limbss

leaving-now.gif

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Having Vader in R1 just was obvious and would have been odd NOT to have him.

This one...fanservice
fuckoff it was fanservice in R1

but since it was so badass in R1, it can't be left hanging

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Fuckin lol @ Jamaican Vader in R1. Was fucking awful.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity