spronk

FPS noob
typical racist hollywood, casting a white guy
Young Han Solo Found With Alden Ehrenreich - Hollywood Reporter

qAQgYk8.jpg

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Been waiting a long time for the announcement of who it would be, I'd kind of forgotten it was still up in the air. Been so focused on R1 and ep8 news, its nice to have surprise news from Star Wars land. I think he'll do well, but I'm more trusting the story with the Kasdans writing it.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Kinda sad, I really was hoping Anothony Ingruber would have been up to bat. I mean he doesn't have an extensive wrap sheet in acting, but he has played a young version of Harrison once. I have a hard time seeing them drop the ball on this anytime soon, but only time will tell.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I really don't know what to think of this but I'll just keep my expectations in check. Right now you have to give Disney benefit of the doubt. They're essentially batting 1.000 in their movies. Not saying they're perfect but Marvel, Pixar, and Lucas have been good (some better than others) across the board. They eventually have to get something wrong and i'm just hoping its not Infinity Wars or Episode 9.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
They eventually have to get something wrong and i'm just hoping its not Infinity Wars or Episode 9.
I'd put the highest probability it happening on this Solo movie. It's a movie that doesn't need to be made. Han Solo is a character that really isn't going to be enhanced by us seeing his backstory fleshed out and we had 40 years of associating one man with that role. You go into it asking the audience to immediately climb over the hill of putting a different face with that name with a small window of time having passed since seeing the original issue meet his demise. It's the movie that Kasdan most wanted to make after Disney acquired Lucasfilm but it's got the deepest pitfall imo. It will be no small task to do it well.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Where would you set it? Fresh from quitting the imperial navy to start a life of adventure and crime? His time as an officer to show the things he was forced to do that changed his outlook? Freeing Chewbacca? His secret tryst with Lando? Will we be introduced to the family and adoring children of Greedo, renowned Space Marshal who never shot a man in his life?

But more importantly, how are they going to make a petite white-to-slightly-brownish girl the real star of the film?

Sterling

El Presidente
I'm sure the guy will be fine, just not entirely sure I really wanted a Han Solo movie. A little more backstory through conversations or something might have been better than a full movie though. I'll still be watching this opening weekend I'm sure though so there is that.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I'm sure the guy will be fine, just not entirely sure I really wanted a Han Solo movie. A little more backstory through conversations or something might have been better than a full movie though. I'll still be watching this opening weekend I'm sure though so there is that.
Yeah, I agree mostly. To make it work they need to go the Bromance route, Lethal Weapon style. Just Chewbacca and Han, with their Joe Pesci sidekick Lando showing up once in a while. Two douchebags dreaming of greener pastures and one day marrying a princess and living the life.

Royal

typical racist hollywood, casting a white guy
The Jews gotta stick together.

Spielberg Discovered Disney's Young Han Solo at a Bat Mitzvah

The Los Angeles native had the fortune of having been discovered at age 14 by Steven Spielberg in a bat mitzvah video, and his first two movies were for The Godfather filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola.

Insiders say Spielberg and Coppola were among those who reached out to producer (and their longtime friend) Kathleen Kennedy to vouch for Ehrenreich.

Royal

In another article, it said he was in the bat mitzvah video, but not actually at the bat mitzvah... whatever that means
The bat mitzvah was for someone who was a friend of his daughter. He saw the video afterwards.

Royal

Not really relevant to the Solo movie but since it concerns an established core character/different actor ...

fivuSdj-lvhl.jpg

Mark Hamill on the left, Sebastian Stan on the right, Stan's face shopped over Hamill's in the middle. The resemblance is freakin' unreal .

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Not really relevant to the Solo movie but since it concerns an established core character/different actor ...

fivuSdj-lvhl.jpg

Mark Hamill on the left, Sebastian Stan on the right, Stan's face shopped over Hamill's in the middle. The resemblance is freakin' unreal .
The real trick is what McGregor did, mastering the accent and inflection.

If this kid can pull off "Whiny bitch" I'm sold.

Royal

The real trick is what McGregor did, mastering the accent and inflection.

If this kid can pull off "Whiny bitch" I'm sold.
Depends on when such a movie would be set. If they wanted to do something between Jedi and TFA that focused on Luke then he wouldn't have to go whiny bitch mode.

Column_sl

shitlord
tumblr_mu5w7uLxbL1qd9rjto3_500.gif

Sebastians face is much wider, and the way his body is shaped is much different.

Also It would be weird to hear Sebastian with that whiny voice that Luke had.

SEBASTIAN-STAN_612x380_0.jpg

Mark-Hamill-as-Luke-Skywa-010.jpg

People are definitely trying too hard with this one. You can find tons of white guys that look similar.

Not saying Sebastian couldn't pull it off since he is after all an actor, but Mark's Doppelganger? nah