Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lol yeah I got that, I was commenting on how long lost lover gay the book makes them look

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
They look gay because they resemble characters out of a Gumby cartoon.

And they are currently casting a female lead and the indications are it might be for the character Sana Starros from the comic books.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
I can't see them using anything like the Sana storyline from the comics, it cheapens his relationship with Leia. I know the new comics are canon but there's a huge difference between it being in a comic book and being on the screen, just my opinion though.

Royal

Wasn't their "marriage" just a front as part of a scam in the comics?

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
It was, but it was just silly. That whole storyline started off badly although it ended alright

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
The best bits in all those comics is Darth Vader raping shit, he is one character I would like to see more movies of, and not cuck anikin bit full on Vader.

Sterling

El Presidente
Look what happened when they did Vader's backstory! Sometimes it's better to just leave shit alone. Disney's track record with Marvel movies makes me think this has a chance of being good, but I really don't care for the idea in general.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
The saving grace on this movie in particular is that those involved that have read the script have said it is by far the best Star Wars script they have seen to date. I'll try and find sources but I am not making this up.

here's one - might have semi spoilers for other upcoming SW films in it

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have the same opinion of a potential Boba Fett movie that I do of a Han Solo one. I think he is a character that benefits from a relatively mysterious past even more than Han does. Having a movie centered around an antagonist is too much outside of the scope of what we normally associate with Star Wars. Associate positively at any rate.

I'll go ahead and add younger Yoda to the list of movies I'd rather they not make while we're at it.
Relatively? Not much was ever said of Boba Fett, and he had a tiny fraction of screen time compared to Han. I actually think it would be amazing to see how the life of that particular bounty hunter played out, especially if it delves fully into the Mandolorians.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
but it wouldn't. The Mandolorians in their heyday were way way in the past. We already saw what the prequels added to his story. The lesson here is, there's a sweet spot between watering it down like they did in the prequels with Boba, and not giving any info at all on potential awesome characters like Sarco Planck (except in the books outside the films).

Royal

Relatively? Not much was ever said of Boba Fett, and he had a tiny fraction of screen time compared to Han. I actually think it would be amazing to see how the life of that particular bounty hunter played out, especially if it delves fully into the Mandolorians.

Yes relative to the other characters that draw a lot of water in the hearts of the fans.

Royal

I would rather see a movie based around the Hutts.

There was a TV show in development back when Lucas still owned it all that dealt with the underworld. They may eventually resurrect that idea.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
They look gay because they resemble characters out of a Gumby cartoon.

And they are currently casting a female lead and the indications are it might be for the character Sana Starros from the comic books.

Why is every Star Wars movie a female lead now? I guess I don't really care but it sure seems like pandering to me.

Royal

Not lead as in the central figure of the movie but rather the primary actress.

Last edited:

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
There was a TV show in development back when Lucas still owned it all that dealt with the underworld. They may eventually resurrect that idea.

Doubtful, once Lucas touches something with his prequel / crystal skull beshitted mitts no one else will go near it.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, the second purpose behind Frozen 2 is simply to undo the damage that Lucas' Strange Magic did to animated singing.

Royal

Doubtful, once Lucas touches something with his prequel / crystal skull beshitted mitts no one else will go near it.

Don't be so sure about that. Some of what we see in Rebels is the Filoni adapting and repurposing material that was in the pipe for Clone Wars but was never used. But Lucas didn't write any of the material for the underworld TV series anyway.