Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
We already know that Ehrenreich is playing the lead.

hansolo2by2.jpg

Now more casting rumors are starting to swirl. Supposedly Donald Glover is who they're targeting to cast as Lando.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Donald Glover rumor seems to have legs, I've heard it from all directions this week...from my incredibly tenuous and slight inroads to people who might actually know...something? But really nobody else has even been named. I'm a gigantic Community fan, and I can totally see him killing it once I get past the initial "not sure" 5 seconds.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I kept thinking, he's just as old as Billy Dee. Whoops heh.

I know people love Han Solo, but I keep thinking this is a story that really doesn't need to be told.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's a risky project for sure.

I am interested to see the story of how he met Chewie.

It will all hinge on the casting, and if the actor is able to capture the spirit of Han Solo that Harrison Ford gave him.

Sterling

El Presidente
I can't be the only one that likes to have characters that have sort of vague backstories? Can fill in a little bit through dialogue or whatever and not have to detail every moment.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Royal

I can't be the only one that likes to have characters that have sort of vague backstories?.

You're not.

I don't need a Han Solo origins story set to film. I don't want one. I don't want to have to struggle to get past seeing a different face and voice and mannerisms attached to a character that has been played by one guy for almost 40 years. I'll be there money in hand when it opens of course but I'm not so sure that I will be able to be particularly forgiving of any shortcomings it will have, like all movies do.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
If it is going to happen I like the Donald glover news, but I am also on the train for this is not needed, the lore is huge find something else, or do Boba fett but a young Han movie is unnecessary

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Why can't they just get to the meat and do some Old Republic double trilogies.

Royal

Why can't they just get to the meat and do some Old Republic double trilogies.

That is the era I wish they would explore. Not necessarily setting it up immediately for trilogies. I don't think that is their plan for the side stories. But they could certainly start laying the groundwork for future trilogies and guaging the broader fan appeal for movies set in that time period. I think they're still hesitant at this point to stray too far from the original trilogy material and that's understandable. They need to get the franchise firmly replanted in the viewing public's goodwill before they go into an area that only the ardent fans have any point of reference for.

Royal

Do Fett you bastards.

I have the same opinion of a potential Boba Fett movie that I do of a Han Solo one. I think he is a character that benefits from a relatively mysterious past even more than Han does. Having a movie centered around an antagonist is too much outside of the scope of what we normally associate with Star Wars. Associate positively at any rate.

I'll go ahead and add younger Yoda to the list of movies I'd rather they not make while we're at it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
A Yoda movie would be fucking atrocious. Han Solo is probably going to be awful too, but they could pull it off, I suppose.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Han Solo Movie? Nah. His character is way too set in stone. He is too well defined. It would be boring, we KNOW he would turn around the Falcon to save someone. We KNOW he is a hard luck scoundrel who can't get ahead.

A Lando Calrissian movie? Fuck yeah. Make a Lando Movie with a slight Han cameo and it would actually have some legs. The only thing we really know about Lando is that he lost the Falcon to Han and he kinda sorta owns a mining station on a gas giant.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Lando has been in the Rebels tv show a few times. It's set couple of years before ANH and Lando is shown as still being a smuggler. So whatever happen to get him in charge of Bespin happened in a relatively short time.

They did the right thing with Rogue One. A movie based on new characters with cameos of things we already know. Han Solo movie should be an Imperial Academy movie to get the audience to empathize with the people caught up with the Empire. Han can have a cameo as helping them escape or something. He shouldn't be the focus.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
s8pXsaV.jpg

My son got a star wars book at school yesterday and I found this in there, I hope beyond hope that they don't SJW this up and go with this theme in the movie, that or make it Leather Weapon in space interracial buddy cop