Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I want to see this but not give disney my cash so I'm going to buy a ticket for a different movie and sneak into this one. I'll give disney money again when they get their shit together.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Now this is funny ...

After TLJ did so badly in China they've decided to change the name for Solo and drop the A Star Wars Story subtitle. It's new Chinese title translates as "Ranger Solo". Star Wars isn't in it at all.

• 7Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Disney doesn't know how to get anything right. Ranger? Should have named it Pilot Solo. Not even Disney is going to win a land war in Asia, they'd be better off with an aerial campaign.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
They're just hoping to capitalize on unsuspecting movie goers who thought they were getting a spin-off from another franchise

powerrangers.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Dollars to donuts they got at least 80% of it right. Guess we'll see on Sunday.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Royal

Dollars to donuts they got at least 80% of it right. Guess we'll see on Sunday.

Monday.

They're supposed to be dropping a trailer announcement during the game for the trailer that will debut on Good Morning America the next day.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Now this is funny ...

After TLJ did so badly in China they've decided to change the name for Solo and drop the A Star Wars Story subtitle. It's new Chinese title translates as "Ranger Solo". Star Wars isn't in it at all.
Will still have a prominent black guy so won't do well in China

Royal

Will still have a prominent black guy so won't do well in China

It won't do well in China either way. Rogue One didn't pull big numbers there either with prominent Chinese guys instead of prominent black ones.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
so is the trailer being shown today or what?

Royal

A little Solo rumor peddling which sorta lines up with some of the other things that have been out there for a while now.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Those are some diehard nerds. I don't expect everyone to be selling the narrative of failure, but come the fuck on its February and you're still talking about "letting the hype pass" on TLJ.

Royal's speculation that it was determined that TLJ wasn't a good vehicle to sell Solo is more plausible.

Irony that people were hating on Donald Glover the hardest, and it's now predicted he's carrying the whole movie, acting for two.

Last edited:

Royal

I don't know who was hating on DG as Lando other than maybe the fans who have this notion of always getting completely unknown actors to play major roles because they apparently have some disorder that causes their immersion to fall off of a cliff whenever they see a readily recognizable face show up in one of these movies.

For me personally the casting of DG as Lando was the best news to come out of this thing. If what he said ends up being true and Glover is what carries the movie I won't be the least bit surprised. The guy just has so much charisma on screen. If they'd announced they were doing a young Lando movie with DG in the part instead of a Solo movie I'd have been down for that.

And they did say they thought the lack of marketing at this point was worrisome, regardless of the reason behind it. Letting the hype pass is just the most on-the-surface rationale for it that doesn't require stringing a lot of speculated points together like I did to the point of straining credulity.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Looking like a 45 second trailer during the second commercial break today.