Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There were toys for Rogue One? That seems ridiculous, like a toy line for Hateful Eight.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
OLU8o2Q.jpg

• 9Worf
  • 5Solidarity
Reactions: 13 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Those are terrible. I know people hate on Phantom Menace, but they had some sweet promo fast food cups for that shit.

• 1Like

Rude

Potato del Grande
Saw previews of this before the avengers. It's gonna be garbage.

• 1Solidarity

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw previews of this before the avengers. It's gonna be garbage.

I haven't really watched any of the trailers since the first reveal, but had the exact opposite reaction after seeing the trailer before Infinity War. It actually gave me a microscopic speck of hope that this might not be as dogshit as TLJ.

• 1Dislike

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I haven't really watched any of the trailers since the first reveal, but had the exact opposite reaction after seeing the trailer before Infinity War. It actually gave me a microscopic speck of hope that this might not be as dogshit as TLJ.

i felt the same way when i saw the trailer before IW, but i realized that the list of all the things in the trailer that excited me did not include Han Solo himself. looks like they got the setting right, and the supporting cast seems great (probably telling that they barely let Daenaerys have any lines in the trailers, tho) but Han himself just makes me feel... meh.

been said before i know, but was reiterated for me by that trailer.

• 1Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Hope dies last. Don't let it fool you.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
tickets should go on sale tonight or tomorrow, its up on fandango, amc, etc website and kiosks but don't let you buy them yet. going friday afternoon instead of opening night though so i don't really anticipate any issues getting tix

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am not even considering buying a ticket for this until at least Saturday and real audience reactions are out.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
It's Star Wars, I'm going to see it...I don't care about review score. Yes I know I'm part of the problem, but I don't care...it's Star Wars...sorry. :)

• 6Picard
  • 4Dislike
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
TLJ was supposed to be star wars too.

• 4Worf
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 7 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Tickets are supposed to go on sale Friday (May 4th) but I haven't seen a time yet. Avengers IW tickets went on sale around 6am pacific time, but all the SW movies in the last 3 years have gone on sale later in the day after a trailer drop.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Infinity war was $258M, BP was $202M (for the Thu-Sun period each). I think current projections have DP2 around $150. But, those really are just educated guesses. Pre-sales are usually factored in, but not usually from all sources of pre-sales. So, for example you might have pre-sales for Fandango or something, but not all pre-sales for every other company. So it's useful as a comparative reference but it's still open to so much variability.

I think Solo opening at $170M at this time of year would probably be a number Disney is happy with, though not overjoyed, but it all depends on how it fades. TLJ I'm sure faded faster than they anticipated.

• 1Like