Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The worst thing that came out of Solo bombing was that we aren't gonna get that Ewan McGregor Obi Wan movie.
Nah...it's great we will not see, more, beloved characters being butchered by the mouse.
But nowadays....fuck SW, fuck Disney.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leon

<Silver Donator>
If you would have told 10 year old me that 30 years in the future I would decide to not see a movie about Han Solo I would have laughed at your face.

Yet here we are. Fuck Disney.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 7Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 8 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If you would have told 10 year old me that 30 years in the future I would decide to not see a movie about Han Solo I would at laughed at your face.

1980s you would wonder, why wait 30 years and why it had to be a prequel?
i think an ongoing saga of adventures with Harrison Ford as Han Solo back then would have been fine. but it would have probably competed with the Indy movies and you might have gotten sick of seeing HF so much.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Tried to watch this on Netflix, I was so bored about 40 minutes in.

• 3Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Siliconemelons

Whh wife is re watching it here and there on netflix, what is sad is there are good parts, and then there are...sjw parts

its better than TLJ because, there are good parts

• 3Worf
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

Mr. K

Molten Core Raider
Got 20 minutes in. Magic is gone. Not even anything in particular. Just got bored.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
It's not a bad movie, it just feels more like a heist movie set in a Star Wars backdrop than an actual Star Wars movie.

And that is why I liked it. I am not a star wars fan, I barely know enough to have a conversation about it but I like the setting/backdrop. I would love to see a bunch of movies based in the universe around unknown characters and actors that can act.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Reht

Molten Core Raider
And that is why I liked it. I am not a star wars fan, I barely know enough to have a conversation about it but I like the setting/backdrop. I would love to see a bunch of movies based in the universe around unknown characters and actors that can act.
Yeah, i enjoyed it too and would have like it just as much if it wasn't set in the star wars universe - not feeling like a star wars movie wasn't an issue for me but i know it was for a lot people.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you would have told 10 year old me that 30 years in the future I would decide to not see a movie about Han Solo I would have laughed at your face.

Guy that plays Han has perfect Charisma for the job. Glover was also spot on. There was so much good about this movie that you're missing out by skipping it.
Disney bashing is eyeroll.

I hope Solo becomes a trilogy

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 8 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I think some of these people are next level trolls. No one can actually think that.

This guy said the same thing too.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
BUT DUDE IT WAS GOOD

What a great heist movie. It worked so well! Just if it wasn't Star Wars!

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
BUT DUDE IT WAS GOOD

What a great heist movie. It worked so well! Just if it wasn't Star Wars!
I don't think it was a great heist movie because in heist movies you have a plan that is most of the plot and then you see it all come together.

Their plan was pick up the unrefined stuff, fly fast to a refinery, profit. There was no heist this was a shopping list gone bad.

Ohhh the first heist that they just showed up and were right in the middle of with no planning?

No you mean the first first heist where they had to go to a war zone to pick up a hauling ship?

Yeah it wasn't a good movie period even without all the "member this" parts of Star Wars.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I don't think it was a great heist movie because in heist movies you have a plan that is most of the plot and then you see it all come together.

Their plan was pick up the unrefined stuff, fly fast to a refinery, profit. There was no heist this was a shopping list gone bad.

Ohhh the first heist that they just showed up and were right in the middle of with no planning?

No you mean the first first heist where they had to go to a war zone to pick up a hauling ship?

Yeah it wasn't a good movie period even without all the "member this" parts of Star Wars.
Also Emilia Clarke is an atrocious actress. And the Solo actor, don't even remember his name, wasn't convincing as Han Solo. Donald Glover did okay though.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
It was so cringe worthy when they had his name origin shown, him signing up for service and getting it thought up on the spot.

Don't explain it, just have it be his name.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is yet another casualty of the Kathleen Kennedy Klan. The main actor has been good in other movies, like the Cohen brothers one where he is a cowboy actor comes to mind. But he was not the right fit for this. I forget who suggested it, but Sebastian Shaw or maybe even Anthony Starr would have been great fits for the role. I also have to wonder how much better or worse this would have been if the original director team had been allowed to make the dark movie they wanted, instead of the KKK making Ron Howard redo 75% of the thing to fit her agenda. The pieces are there for a good movie, but when the leads are not on point (and yeah Emilia Clarke is a garbage tier actress who would not even have a career if Aquaman had not cornholed her on camera on HBO) all other flaws get magnified. Its sad how much better the side characters (The crime boss and Woody) were than the people you are actually supposed to give a shit about.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Watched it like a week ago for the first time. Not very good. Still way better than Last Jedi.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I forget who suggested it, but Sebastian Shaw or maybe even Anthony Starr would have been great fits for the role.

I know I should probably set myself on fire for saying this but Zac Efron or Ryan Gosling would have been more convincing than the guy they ended up choosing. Both of them at least look like a young Han Solo.

• 1Like