Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
<Donors Crew>
16d 12h 31m
what was kiddy about Luke witnessing the only parents he ever knew turned into smouldering skeletons? seriously?
C'mon. You chose the most extreme example from the OG trilogy. Compared to Rogue One - the darkest of all the SW films. Where all the main characters die.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
<Donors Crew>
16d 12h 31m
how about Leia's home planet getting BTFO in front of her eyes?

how about Lukes mentor killed?

yoda!
Only Obi Wan getting off'ed compares in any way. Who gives a fuck about a planet where we met absolutely zero of the people who live there? Zero emotional investment. Yoda just died because dude was old.

Chukzombi

Vizconde de Plata del Reino
98d 1h 8m
This movie just got BTFO cuz of Last Jedi. Movie is decent and kind of disappointing we won't get a sequel. The Han Solo actor was passable, tbh there wasn't ever going to be an actor people were happy with.
when they had young Indy in the beginning of the Last crusade played by RIver Phoenix, i was completely fine with it.

he was young enough where he didnt have to look and act exactly like his older self because most people dont get that "done" look until they're in their late 20s early thirties.
although Harrison Ford does look pretty much like himself in high school.

Chukzombi

Vizconde de Plata del Reino
98d 1h 8m
Only Obi Wan getting off'ed compares in any way. Who gives a fuck about a planet where we met absolutely zero of the people who live there? Zero emotional investment. Yoda just died because dude was old.
how about vader's last scene?

jayrebb

Vyemm Raider
14d 7h 36m
Just watched this last night because I was bored. I enjoyed it for being a SW movie. Better than the other swill they released. I would put this one right behind Rogue One but way above the new main story movies.

I kind ow wish they would go all dark with these SW movies but that will never happen, you just have to accept that this franchise is pretty much meant for kids, and if you look at these movies through that lens, they do a good job.

I just think they would do better catering to the true SW fans, people like you and I, which saw the originals when we were kids. To be quite honest you would think that todays kids would give a shit, but just from what my kids (now teens) think of the entire SW thing, they could give 2 shits. Its not the same to them as it was to us back in the 80s.

Its just too cheesy even for todays kids. Which are used to other more "adult" action and other type films.
Good post. Current cast includes some very young candy faces as well.

Leia and Han weren't candy faces and had a certain maturity. Leia was fucking 19.

Luke while a kid was a bit of a hatchet face by the end of the series.

There's a lack of maturity in the current cast type by Disney.

Can't wait to see how they fuck up the only mature character they have left in Thrawn.

Malakriss

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I cared about K-2SO in the same way that you care about Chopper from Rebels because he has more kills then the rest of them combined.

Varia Vespasa

Trakanon Raider
31d 10h 22m
Just got around to seeing it finally- I liked most of it actually. No SJW that I saw. And yes, I liked L3 too.

Utnayan

Troll Patrol
<Donor All-Stars>
14d 23h 0m
Going to watch this tonight for the first time. Dealing with a horrid cold so ordered a pizza and will sit back, not drink, watch this and maybe catch up on some games.

Reactions: Chukzombi

Feanor

1d 12h 11m
After watching this I watched RLM's review. I side with Jay. This movie was garbage.

I337 bot was a funny piece of shit. Alden Ehrenreich registered as a cardboard standee yet for some reason unknown to me Ewan McGregor seemed right in the prequels. Not sure what it is but Ehrenreich sucked. The movie was boring, the action was fine while almost everything else was incredibly bad.

Parsecs, chewie's nickname, solo's surname. Fuck you. Lando was alright.

Cinematic Star Wars is one of the least detailed universes in science fiction. Shouldn't be as creatively bankrupt as it is, really. These people just keep doing the same shit over and over.

Rogue One and Last Jedi were better. Did not anticipate Solo to be so shitty.

Reactions: jayrebb

Dom

I turned it off around the time they started the train heist. Shitty acting, horrible look to the movie, and a "who gives a fuck about any of this?" story.

Who the fuck wants to watch one of the worst actors in the history of cinema fail at being Han Solo? He made Emilia Clarke look like Daniel Day-Lewis

• Solidarity
Reactions: jayrebb