Soulstone Survivors

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I beat Endless 6 for the achievement. Game runs like shit once you get up there, even with all particles off and no damage/health bars. Slogging at 10-15 fps but managed to beat it with like 84min total run time. Used the chaos mage with 4 chaos + 2 shadow spells (golems are op)

Yeah I noticed that too even on Endless 5. My 3080 was chugging and I had everything turned off particles, damage numbers, health bars, etc. Bought me a couple FPS but otherwise you could really tell the performance hit. At one point I thought maybe it was just solely b/c it is trying to calculate all the damage numbers and ticks for 150 different things and 6 skills multicasting every .3 seconds.

Void Void Arcane Sparks definitely seems awesome. All my best runs seem to include it even if I'm not heavy Arcane spec'd. Need work to slow down so I can do some more stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Get the chaos mage high enough and you unlock a chaos version of arcane sparks, it's great.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
About the lag at higher endless levels...I haven't had any problem yet really, even with damage numbers and health bars on, very high graphics, and transparency set to about 20%, and I only have a 2080. I even have Satisfactory running in a fullscreen window in the background, because I gotta pump those steel reserves up! Maybe 32GB memory helps?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
It doesn't. Even turning it down to potato resolution AND low settings it still eventually runs like crap though that can vary based slightly on skill build once the game is far enough along. It's optimized like poop.

1668127323218.png

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It doesn't. Even turning it down to potato resolution AND low settings it still eventually runs like crap though that can vary based slightly on skill build once the game is far enough along. It's optimized like poop.

View attachment 442368
he never smiles star trek GIF

If I ever feel like torturing myself and doing endless soon, I'll see if I can't check the fps.

EDIT: Oh, forgot to add, I'm playing at 2560 x 1440, so maybe some of you are playing higher than that? That would make a huge difference, obviously.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
Full change list for version v0.9.027h: General changes:
  • Endless Mode rework:
-- Entirely changed the scaling progression. You will level up slower, and enemies will have considerably less health, but be more dangerous; -- Extra Lords of the Void will join the battle, which will pose a much bigger challenge than before; -- Enemies are now more and more resistant to slowing effects, so you will have to stay alert; -- Reduced quantity of enemies needed per objective, but more time for you to fight the Lords; -- Overall we expect the new design to be more challenging, shorter, and a million times more performant;
  • Adjusted Achievements to reflect the change in difficulty of Endless Mode, requiring less Cycles for the same rewards;
  • Added slider in Graphics settings to control the FPS limit of the game;
  • Changed Player Area indicators (blue circles) to be a lot less intrusive, but still help you identify where your skills are landing;
  • Fixed issue where arrows pointing to towers or any other object would point in the wrong direction in certain cases;
  • Fixed an issue where the Blacksmith was very generous and would not verify for achievement completion before crafting weapons;
  • Fixed issue with Legionnaire and the Dogs becoming invisible in the menu;
  • Fixed an issue where Totem skills were not adjusting their tooltips according to Buff Duration power-ups;
  • Fixed issue where enemies would walk around destroyed objects in The Dungeon of Despair;
  • Fixed (fore real this time) the visibility of Demolish not being affected by Effect opacity setting;
  • Fixed issue where Piercing Shout would not appear as a skill for the Barbarian;
  • Fixed error with certain projectiles when you replace the skill, causing an error;
  • Fixed an issue where if you replaced Ice Vortex with another skill at certain point in time, its visual effect would stay forever;
  • Fixed an issue where locked character names in the Blacksmith;
Balance changes: - Aelfraed will now use Bladestorm from further away from you, and move slightly faster; - Reduced damage of Call Lightning from 120 to 80; - Reduced initial damage of Chromatic Bolt from 70 to 50; - Reduced damage of Ricochet Shot from 150 to 100; - Reduced damage of Storm of Arrows from 300 to 200; - Reduced damage of Chaos Golem from about 400 to about 250; - Holy Fire now fires 3 light waves in the direction you are aiming, instead of one;

I guess Chaos Golems really were overpowered!
Endless Mode is much harder now, its almost like the curses get applied automatically as you go deeper instead of just more of the same.
Holy Fire slaps now. Too bad Paladin start is soooo slow.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
"Aelfraed will now use Bladestorm from further away from you, and move slightly faster;" wildly unnecessary buff

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
"Aelfraed will now use Bladestorm from further away from you, and move slightly faster;" wildly unnecessary buff
I think it was too much.
Definitely needed something, because he was really kitable. But now... he just sits on you bladestorming if you don't have a truck load of speed and dashes.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Patch is nice and feels a bit more stable towards late game.

And yes that spin2win nerd can move so fast in later stages. I had triple dash and pretty high movespeed and barely could keep away.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Patch is nice and feels a bit more stable towards late game.

And yes that spin2win nerd can move so fast in later stages. I had triple dash and pretty high movespeed and barely could keep away.

Yeah I had a pure poison build that was pretty fun but then accidentally took the +30% damage and -15% move speed, forgetting that up until that point I had not taken any +move speed. I got trounced pretty quickly when he spawned on a double boss wave. Back to the drawing board!

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
For sure it's pretty risky to take that perk now when you can have so many bosses spawned at once.

It'd be nice to add some meaningful defensive options for build variety. Stacking armor/hp doesn't really feel like it does shit as you still get chunked out to the detriment of your ability to kill things.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Defense in this game seems wasted since there's no life regen, life steel, or other life sustain. Also, no dodge options, just armor/block. So they only legit defenses are movespeed and kill shit before it can hit you.

• 1Like

muggzwon

Molten Core Raider
I think I found something a little broken. Stopped when pc started freezing up entirely.

Edit: Entirely carried by being unkillable.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Welp, I forked over full price (lol) for this game and, yeah, it's worth the $13. I already have 8 hours into it and have only played the first 4 chars, 100% the first 5 maps, and did the first curse level on 3 maps.

Decent game. Some combinations are definitely superior to others, almost immediately identifiable. But I am still enjoying trying different runs. All bombs, all lightning, all slams, etc etc.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
well went back at the high curse levels with a fresh try, easily unlocked death knight with my paladin then after a shakedown run i did curse 5 and 6 pretty easily on the death knight and unlocked the rune that lets you stack the same ability. fun times.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
well went back at the high curse levels with a fresh try, easily unlocked death knight with my paladin then after a shakedown run i did curse 5 and 6 pretty easily on the death knight and unlocked the rune that lets you stack the same ability. fun times.
I feel like I've regressed since the patch somehow. Tried doing endless and couldn't even finish the 2nd map. Seemed like it took me absolutely forever to kill bosses. I did have some curses turned on, but only the one that makes elites spawn more often I believe. Unless it takes the curses turned on for each map? My second map was the 5th one, whatever that is called, and it seemed like everything was way fucking harder than it should have been, in line with curse 3 that I'm currently at on that map. Not in the mood to go turn curses off and try it again, but is that how it works? I assumed it only took the curses from the starting level, but maybe I'm wrong.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I dunno.

I tried a hilarious rogue build in T4, blade storm, flurry x2, subdue x3, and it fucking demolished, but I guess I got super lucky to get all the abilities quickly because I couldn't make it work in T5, even with the rune that gives you extra rerolls. If I do it again, I think 3 flurry and 2 subdue would be better. Or maybe forget about the damage from subdue and go full debuff with 5 flurry? hard to say.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I tried another run with a character I haven't done much with (Paladin) and turned off all the curses via the button on each map, and it was substantially easier, so it must factor in your curse choices or something. On that second run of the one I had a hard time on, it had those stupid towers bombarding me constantly, but on this one there were no towers even on the third stage, even with it being the same map as the one I sucked on.

Endless is still much harder than it used to be though, and now I'm actually going to have to grind out achievements and prestige vs. literally making it to stage 5 on my first attempt after buying the game.

Oh, and anyone know wtf we are going to do with all these various currencies? I'm sure eventually they will put in extra weapons for the other classes that will use a few, but we're going to have so many that it won't matter by then. Same with the "coins" and "metals" that I used to have to actually farm a certain level for. I don't even pay attention to that anymore, only care about what will get me closer to unlocking something. Seems like a big waste of potential.