Sound of Freedom (2023)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I don't think anyone is rallying "against" it, they just think you're being NPCs for overhyping an above-average direct-to-cable movie into some kind of religious fervor.

Are you an idiot or a liar?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
lulz, someone is jealous sound of freedom is doing so good

pay attention to me!!!
I had to double check that I remembered it right, but Ashton has been fighting child sex trafficking for years. He and Demi created an organization a long time ago. Not saying he isn't wanting attention, but this isn't some new thing for him. This from 2018.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I had to double check that I remembered it right, but Ashton has been fighting child sex trafficking for years. He and Demi created an organization a long time ago. Not saying he isn't wanting attention, but this isn't some new thing for him. This from 2018.

yea, and ever since he married a ukrain wife, the sex traffic capital of the white world... he kinda forgot about...

also if he did actually give a shit about these kids, he'd openly endorse this movie, but he's silent...

ufc is on tonight and dana white endorsed it last week

he bought tickets for the entire org

ashton kutcher still silent, why? cuz mila kunis is probably some ukrain sex trafficking madam

• 3Picard
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Since I now have to question everything, it makes me wonder if that whole idea that "it's typically someone they know" wasn't just a bullshit lie they've been using with two goals:

To help foster suspicion within families and further destroy the family unit.
Throw cover on the fact that maybe it's not someone they know, so that those actually committing the crimes are overlooked.

Them using that to complain about the movie in the first place was bullshit. The movie never says that most kidnappings are off the street. The main kids that he's after for the entire movie were trafficked by this nice lady they thought they knew. So...this whole article was totally reaching from the get-go.

Rolling Stone seems to be the most in the tank against this movie, which combined with their glamorizing the Boston Bomber and making up a fake story about gunshot victims and ivermectin (or was it hydroxychloroquine?) overdoses... I think it's safe to say they're the worst.

Just watched the movie, was very good and very much worth seeing. Reminded me a little of Rambo: Last Blood in overall story, only with more happiness and a lot less destruction. That movie also deals with child trafficking south of the border.

Regardless, I really don't know of any legitimate reason for any news outlets to be bashing this. It isn't a "right-wing" movie, there were no conspiracy theories, there was no Q stuff. It was just straight verifiable "this is happening right now" and people need to see it. Matter of fact I'd question the humanity of anybody in newsmedia who thinks there's any bad motivation behind the people who made this movie or the people going to see it.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
F1HqcjKaQAABYh3.jpeg

• 7Worf
  • 5EyeRoll
  • 3Picard
Reactions: 17 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
yea, and ever since he married a ukrain wife, the sex traffic capital of the white world... he kinda forgot about...

also if he did actually give a shit about these kids, he'd openly endorse this movie, but he's silent...

ufc is on tonight and dana white endorsed it last week

he bought tickets for the entire org

ashton kutcher still silent, why? cuz mila kunis is probably some ukrain sex trafficking madam
Come on, man. That's a lot of long jumps to that conclusion. If you said she was sex trafficked at a young age and doesn't want to bring attention to it for some reason, that's a little bit more believable, but a madam? It's more likely he just doesn't brag about it much anymore or maybe somebody told him to chill out on that shit if he wanted to get roles in movies. Or maybe it was something he was interested in because it was his ex wife's project and now that he isn't with her anymore he just doesn't care.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah okay. 99% chance of bullshit over here.

Says something that I'm considering 1% at all though. Sound of Freedom would be a pretty good honeypot to get tracking chips into subversive types, if that was going on.
I haven't bought food or drink at a movie since well before this century. Though that was just me being a poor student initially. Wear a jacket and just put a can of soda in your pockets.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I haven't bought food or drink at a movie since well before this century. Though that was just me being a poor student initially. Wear a jacket and just put a can of soda in your pockets.
their popcorn game is pretty decent. but i make better popcorn at home now. i even have the same stuff the theaters use.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
$27M this weekend, a 42% increase. Truly wild. Very rare to see this from a movie that opened wide.

I do wonder if their whole pay it forward scheme is propping this up vs actual moviegoers attending the film but it's still money all the same.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
yea, and ever since he married a ukrain wife, the sex traffic capital of the white world...
Russians are literally kidnapping Ukrainian children, sending most of them to nationalist indoctrination camps, but "woops" some percent just go missing and get sold by Russian crime gangs.

Apparently a lot of fake anti-trafficking charities are using this movie to grift donations, including some linked to people loosely connected to the production, but the movie itself sounds good.

• 1Jonesing
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard

Caliane

Mist seems to be awful defensive about this movie, and know a bit too much about Russian Child trafficking.. Pretty sure she's stated to have had a crush on Mila Kunis as well.. hrmm?

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
$27M this weekend, a 42% increase. Truly wild. Very rare to see this from a movie that opened wide.

I do wonder if their whole pay it forward scheme is propping this up vs actual moviegoers attending the film but it's still money all the same.
The pay it forward might allow it to show "big numbers" and attract others to see it due to the fomo.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Russians are literally kidnapping Ukrainian children, sending most of them to nationalist indoctrination camps, but "woops" some percent just go missing and get sold by Russian crime gangs.

Apparently a lot of fake anti-trafficking charities are using this movie to grift donations, including some linked to people loosely connected to the production, but the movie itself sounds good.
The only thing America does better than wage war is grift.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Mist seems to be awful defensive about this movie, and know a bit too much about Russian Child trafficking.. Pretty sure she's stated to have had a crush on Mila Kunis as well.. hrmm?
Crush? No. But I don't hate Jupiter Ascending so there's gotta be some reason.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

sliverstorm

Trakanon Raider

I was curious about this after reading RT's embarrassing weekend box office write up. They have a ticker showing the last 99 actions (completed pay it forwards + clickthroughs to individual ticket sales), and grabbing a random hundred it was 93 clickthroughs vs. 12 pay it forward tickets from 7 transactions.

No idea what the conversion rate or average volume is on the clickthroughs. It doesn't seem like enough currently to prop up the entire movie, but definitely a healthy boost.

• 1Like