South Park Fractured But Whole

spronk

FPS noob
Hopefully final release date announced today, Oct 17th

The first game was absolutely fantastic, you will get it free with Fractured But Whole, probably a code inside physical product and you get it immediately if you pre order digitally.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
They are putting in a season pass into this version so there will be DLC.

Season 21 also starts in late August so there may be a tie in episode that airs right before it releases, they did something similar with the first game I think.

This game is more comic book focused, Stick of Truth was gaming/fantasy focused.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Was supposed to launch a couple times now. Not sure why there is a hold up. They also refunded all preorders last time around.

Something smells fishy. Maybe it's cutting content where they can to repackage as DLC.

Oh hey, Ubisoft is publishing. So yep.

Aaaaand.... Developing too. Haha forget it. The game just got mooshed.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah the game got delayed over 18 months, its pretty weird. But to be fair the first game also got delayed over a year and turned out just fine, so gonna give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

I'm much happier for studios to delay and release when the game is done than release on a schedule *cough* Assassins Creed, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty, Mass Effect Andromeda....

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Was supposed to launch a couple times now. Not sure why there is a hold up. They also refunded all preorders last time around.

Something smells fishy. Maybe it's cutting content where they can to repackage as DLC.

Oh hey, Ubisoft is publishing. So yep.

Didn't stick of truth get delayed like 100 times as well?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I loved the first game except the abortion part. I could not get passed that and it was infuriating because I wanted to see the rest of the game. I could never figure out what I was supposed to do there and the controls for it sucked.

• 1SJW

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Also, be very careful. Obsidian isn't behind this one. It's straight up Ubisoft now, so chances it will likely suck are extremely high. Ubi has their head up their ass.

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The first game was amazing, I must have played through it start to finish 3 or 4 times now. I'm certainly going to be very wary this having Ubisoft's shadow looming over it though.

• 1Like

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I dont think even Ubi can mess it up too bad if the writing and situations are as funny as the first. Jimmy running like the flash got me pretty good in that trailer.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
the title of this game makes me giggle every time i see it

• 1Solidarity

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I mean Trey and Matt are still heavily involved right? If so I'm not too worried about it

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I hope so. But watch Ubisoft try and turn it into some open world check box game or some shit.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
You know you want to dive off the shitty-wok into a pile of hay.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Ubisoft is Ubisoft, and they do have a track record of being able to ruin things. However, hopefully the difference between this and projects Ubisoft fully control are Matt and Trey. I'd assume they have a lot of creative control in terms of the story, flow and direction of the game. I'm not under the impression that they have simply sold off the South Park licence for Ubisoft to do whatever.

Ubisoft alone might already have released a "bad" version of the game at one of the earlier launch dates to cut their costs and cash in on pre-order marketing for a large IP game. However, hopefully there is a contract in play that lets Matt and Trey have some say in the final product, and if the quality isn't there, they can refuse a launch. So, even with many delays I am hopeful for the simple reason of Stick of Truth, and how good that was.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This could *literally* be Stick of Truth with new dialogue and locations and I would buy the fuck out of it. That game was hilarious and awesome.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Agree, they could just have the same game mechanics as stick of truth but have a new story and I would have been perfectly fine buying that shit every year.

spronk

FPS noob
South Park: The Fractured but Whole's difficulty slider changes the colour of your skin
Ubisoft's comedy RPG South Park: The Fractured but Whole features various levels of difficulty, from easy to very difficult, much like most games. What's different though is the difficulty affects the colour of your character's skin.

During the character creation section of the game, which you can see in the video below (skip to the five minutes and 40 seconds mark), you're able to change the colour of your character's skin, as you'd expect. What's interesting is the easier the difficulty, the lighter your character's skin. Conversely, the harder the difficulty, the darker your character's skin. It means if you want to play The Fractured but Whole on a harder than normal difficulty, you have to play as a person of colour.

During the process, South Park stalwart Eric Cartman will comment: "Don't worry, this doesn't affect combat. Just every other aspect of your whole life.

thats pretty funny
#blacklivesmatter in southpark

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 2 users