South Park

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm not sure how the Member berries 'poisoning' Caitlyn Jenner had anything to do with Garrison winning.

Ganthorn

N00b
I didn't get the we poisoned that woman part either. I think their biggest mistake was to keep harping on the remember shit from star wars. At one point they were like remember before all the mexicans! or something like that. it should have evolved more over time.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not sure how the Member berries 'poisoning' Caitlyn Jenner had anything to do with Garrison winning.

Garrison was trying to run, hide, and quit running for president. Then it vomited member berry juice onto him and he finished the campaign.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah but the British were trying to warn them berries in some vague Brexit link but what's the point if only the leadership was using them and not the whole population?

They lost that link when Trump actually won after dropping it from every other plotline already.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It was really surprising that Matt and Trey got caught with Clinton winning. Especially since they had 2 weeks for the episode to be made they should have done something. It just goes to show you how much the MSM made it seem like Clinton was a lock. I am sure though that Matt and Trey were probably Clinton supporters as well anyway.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was really surprising that Matt and Trey got caught with Clinton winning. Especially since they had 2 weeks for the episode to be made they should have done something. It just goes to show you how much the MSM made it seem like Clinton was a lock. I am sure though that Matt and Trey were probably Clinton supporters as well anyway.
they openly mock the left and have openly mocked clinton a few times. i think they are more right than they are left. they most likely just went with who was more likely to win based on polls. they fucked up though bigtime by not writing a cohesive plot in case the polls were all wrong. they should have just stuck with the narrative that clinton won and went with their thought through story instead of this rushed together mess.

Xevy

Log Wizard
They did the same thing with McCain/Obama. They wrote the episode to go either way. I don't think they were as flabbergasted as you all made them out to be. I think they're just doing a long narrative that won't be great until the payoff, like the last few seasons have often been.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
south park has been one of those shows where only 2 episodes of the season is actually good.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
they openly mock the left and have openly mocked clinton a few times. i think they are more right than they are left. they most likely just went with who was more likely to win based on polls. they fucked up though bigtime by not writing a cohesive plot in case the polls were all wrong. they should have just stuck with the narrative that clinton won and went with their thought through story instead of this rushed together mess.

They are green party, this is a quote from Trey
Q: Are you two guys liberal or conservative? Me and my friends have had debates about this.
Parker: We avoid extremes but we hate liberals more than conservatives and we hate them [conservatives].
Stone: I hate conservatives but I really fucking hate liberals.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
i felt like i missed a few minutes or something of why butters went from dicks out 4 harambe to mars, bitches

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i felt like i missed a few minutes or something of why butters went from dicks out 4 harambe to mars, bitches
gentleman bill stopped by to have a talk with butters and explained hilldog's plan for revenge on all men on earth.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Figured they would have written contingent scripts for either outcome. It did feel a bit disjointed but I thought it was good. Like Void said, I haven't kept up with the show for years and only started watching last season when I heard they were switching it up. So far I like this season more than the last. Hope the payoff is really good and wonder if Garrison will go around fucking everyone to death.

Butters is the new Cartman and Cartman is the new Butters.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I thought the first three episodes were pretty great, then the next couple episodes were alright, and then these last two were below average teetering on bad. I don't really know what we are doing or where we are going and that's a bit of a problem eight episodes in.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

hillary-newsweek-large_trans++qVzuuqpFlyLIwiB6NTmJwfSVWeZ_vEN7c6bHu2jJnT8.jpg

I want to see how much work they put into the unaired Clinton wins episode, i mean remember right up to election hour NYT had Trump at 15% chance to win.

I'm pretty sure they voted Hillary from this quote
As for their own political views, Parker and Stone said that while they have been labeled as “libertarian” in the press over the years, all they would say is “we believe in liberty.” If he thought there was “any chance in hell” that Gary Johnson could win, Parker said he would “probably” support him over either Trump or Clinton, who he described, jokingly, as “the giant douche and the turd sandwich,” without specifying which is which.

Also the reason why they used an actual Hillary vs. Mr Garrison is that they hated Trump so much, they didn't want to make Trump an actual character.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I still dont get why anyone would vote for Gary Johnson, did people ever even watch the guy and see how insane he was?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It doesn't matter who the candidate is if he has zero chance of winning. It's a vote against the status quo and it's not going to have consequences unless you feel strongly about the R vs. D race at this point.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Also the reason why they used an actual Hillary vs. Mr Garrison is that they hated Trump so much, they didn't want to make Trump an actual character.

Idk if the guy was officially Trump, but rewatch S19E02. A Canadian Trump became president of Canada and got killed off.

The only reason I think it might not have really been Trump (even tho most signs point to it being him) is the character had the detached Canadian upper skull.