South Park

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Arbitrary Arbitrary
View attachment 389539

Honestly at the end of the last episode I felt bad for Cartman as he lost everything, including his friends, after saving their friendship as kids.

Curious to see if they go further in redeeming Cartman or allow me to be homeless as an adult.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Arbitrary Arbitrary
View attachment 389539

Honestly at the end of the last episode I felt bad for Cartman as he lost everything, including his friends, after saving their friendship as kids.

Curious to see if they go further in redeeming Cartman or allow me to be homeless as an adult.

I get that it was a joke and what the joke was supposed to be but I didn't like it. If they had gone with pic related as an epilogue it would have been 100x better but instead they threw a little depressing bit on the end of their holiday special.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I get that it was a joke and what the joke was supposed to be but I didn't like it. If they had gone with pic related as an epilogue it would have been 100x better but instead they threw a little depressing bit on the end of their holiday special.
Yeah man it hit me right in the feels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, something about it felt really real to me. It was so grounded. Hey, there's that friend we used to have whose entire life fell apart.
How many of us on this forum are that friend lol.

• 1Worf

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
How many of us on this forum are that friend lol.

I don't even mean the weirdo hermits or the lonely. I just heard from someone that one of my best childhood friends is going up the river for a couple hundred years over kidnapping, weapons charges, drug charges, etc. with a laundry list of priors. This was someone I saw like every day for years on end. He was a good kid. I guess drugs got him? I don't even really know.

You start looking back and you'll find a whole bunch of people that you used to know just crashed and burned.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
I don't even mean the weirdo hermits or the lonely. I just heard from someone that one of my best childhood friends is going up the river for a couple hundred years over kidnapping, weapons charges, drug charges, etc. with a laundry list of priors. This was someone I saw like every day for years on end. He was a good kid. I guess drugs got him? I don't even really know.

You start looking back and you'll find a whole bunch of people that you used to know just crashed and burned.
Sadly all of my friends from when I was growing up turned out this way. It really puts things into stark perspective on how being raised properly affects every part of your entire life going forward. All of my childhood friends had the cool parents that would let them do whatever they wanted and would make fun of me and my brother for having chores and responsibilities and my mother taking us to church but the worst thing that anybody on both sides of my family has ever done was my brother getting unlucky enough to get an MIP standing outside of a friend's apartment with a beer in college while every member of my childhood friends' families was either a teenage mom or was getting busted for some kind of stupidity like aggravated assault of DUI before they even hit 20

• 2Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I haven't watched South Park since season 23. But I'm off today and tomorrow, so I'm going to watch the Pandemic, Vaccine, End of COVID & 2nd End of COVID specials before I go back.

I completely forgot about the Penglin thing that might have started all this bullshit and not a bat. Thanks South Park!

Fucker

Log Wizard

A few people I knew from the old neighborhood never did anything with their lives. I think that's worse than crashing and burning. I think it was George Carlin who said most people just want to sit around their entire lives eating fast food and watching tv...yep...that's them to a T. Their lives have not changed ONE bit in the last 20 years. WTF is the point of that?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
In my experience, a lot of it has to do with setting.

I don't know a single person from childhood who stayed in their home town and didnt become a complete clusterfuck.

I don't know if moving changes you or if the kind of people who are destined to become clusterfucks are just scared to move. But staying in your hometown seems to be a surefire recipe for a slow descent into bullshit.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's risk aversion. If you aren't willing to take risks, you won't "win". I say that while taking plenty of (stupid) risks myself, so no winning there either. However, I have had an entertaining life as a result.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Looks like too much RL has been happening today. I may not get a chance to finish (or start) the newest episode. That said, the Post COVID episode set in the future has been good.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They were all great but gay fish killed me, no way they didn't have them sing uncle fucker

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
1st episode was alright.

This one was just bad.
Seemed to me like they were making fun of Amazon's LotR token diversity and white liberals that constantly try to tell black people what's best for them. Thought it was all right.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity