South Park

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
This is glorious, the moment Say Something started playing made it 10/10

Who was the person the Mayor was reminiscing about ? I don't think she ever got a backstory.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This is glorious, the moment Say Something started playing made it 10/10

Who was the person the Mayor was reminiscing about ? I don't think she ever got a backstory.
i assume she's a widow, you even see her at a grave during the breakup montage
rrr_img_114614.jpg

Xevy

Log Wizard
Awesome episode. The Cartman shit is weird, but I guess they needed one of the front 4 in the episode. The "Say Something" definitely made it A+. I almost had feels and I was wondering why considering how ridiculous the whole thing was.

spronk

FPS noob
song at the end and cartman being completely batshit insane make this a classic. a lot of the artwork was done by fans apparently

nice 5 second plug of assassins creed syndicate, but its SINGLE PLAYER ONLY C'MON

no episode next week so I guess no halloween themed one

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know why but I was expecting to come to this thread and see everyone hating on it. Glad I'm not the only one who thought it was fantastic, in a very different way than what I would have expected from this season or recent seasons. Kinda reminded me of the divorce two parter.

a lot of the artwork was done by fans apparently
Wow, that makes it even cooler.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The only thing I didn't care for was the gay cupid Cartman. It didn't seem to add anything to the story.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That did seem a little disjointed and lacked payoff. Other than the cheap pinching a loaf joke at the end. I thought they were delving into some hidden part of Cartman's psyche but it never really went anywhere in that direction. Maybe there's a reference I'm missing, I know fuck all about manga.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I know fuck all about manga.
no, you'd have to ask some girl into yaoi to see if theres anything there i guess. And yea it's for girls, hell at comiccon theres all these crazy lookin bitches in the yaoi only booths, didn't really see a gay guy (not like i was looking), even then gays (guys) have their own yaoi for men, forgot what it's called.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I thought this episode was hilarious, but why did they keep giving them money? lol
i swear the world of 2015 is so different from when i was a kid it feels like i had a fictional childhood. anyway, when i was a kid and we had family get-togethers or friends came over to visit, our parents always gave us kids money to all go out to the corner grocery store to buy candy, soda and toys to play outside with. girls would buy jacks or chalk for hopscotch, boys would buy balls or marbles and we would all run around outside sugared up playing games and our parents would have us out of their hair while they had a good time inside. i assume the joke was these parents gave these kids money because they were out of touch and thought tweek and craig wanted cash to have a "play date" with one another.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I thought giving them money was a surrogate for giving them jobs just because they're gay. Not that I know anything about that going on, it's just the impression I got.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I thought it was that they didnt know how to react or relate so they just gave them money and walked away
This. It was them being uncomfortable deep down and wanting to be supportive somehow so they just gave them money because they think that is an acceptable way of supporting them. Kind of like when it's your nephews birthday and you don't care or know him well enough to get a good present so you just give them cash because he'll enjoy it and you don't have to try.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
i swear the world of 2015 is so different from when i was a kid it feels like i had a fictional childhood. anyway, Gertrude and Edith would head on down to the mill to collect flour while Chester, Chauncy and I would go to the watering hole to get our knickers wet. Boy howdy those were the good old days
I swear this is how I read it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I swear this is how I read it.
thats how i feel like it was. i actually grew up in a neighborhood where everyone knew everyone else and everyone was outside their house most of the day, i can actually relate to those corny 1950s sitcoms because its how i grew up in the 70s to early 80s. course it all went to shit by the late 80s and early 90s, but for a time i had the leave it to beaver/dennis the menace life.