Sovereign Citizens

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Bullshit. If you are in custody and your freedom of action is removed or restricted you MUST be read Miranda or it’s unlawful.

It’s also based on a Supreme Court decision so states have fuck all to do with it. It does not change.

Where the fuck are half of you getting your info? So much terrible the past two pages.

Oh look, another clueless idiot that's an expert from watching TV.

Please, offer us lowly idiots a citation showing police have to read miranda to someone not being interrogated.

When Is It Required to Read Miranda Warning?

Any Exceptions When Reading Miranda Rights?

Miranda warning - Wikipedia

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/police-questioning-miranda-warnings-29930.html

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Sovereign Citizens are dumb.

wcower7.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Bullshit. If you are in custody and your freedom of action is removed or restricted you MUST be read Miranda or it’s unlawful.

It’s also based on a Supreme Court decision so states have fuck all to do with it. It does not change.

Where the fuck are half of you getting your info? So much terrible the past two pages.
Ambiturner is right; Miranda only applies if there is questioning while you’re in custody. They don’t have to read Miranda rights to you if they don’t have shit to say to you after they arrest you.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So basically, unless you are incapacitated, they will mirandize you? Cause if you're conscious the cops might talk to you and any talking once you're in custody is interrogation.

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wrong or at least not as rare as you might think Hoss. Quite often they in say making an arrest on something that is clear as day and doesnt need questioning might skip it until you are in the jail. Or depending on the crime the beat cop isnt going to question, an investigator later will Miranda and ask questions. Examples might be a drunk in a fight, or I'm pretty sure some of the mass shooters taken live were not getting questioned by a street cop.

Keep in mind as long as the cops questioning didnt evoke statements, anything the person says pre miranda is ok in court if it's a "spontaneous utterance". And not just "talking" is interrogation. People arrested often can be chatty, and yes the cop does need to be careful in not asking questions that might give info that becomes tainted. Was a common topic in my wasted Bacherlor's degree with multiple former cops and my favorite 80 something your old former state senator who was a lawyer in the days BEFORE Miranda. Was interesting perspective.

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Not 100% sure this cockjockey is a sovereign, but it felt like it would fit here nicely:

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Can you explain why a cop wouldn't want to mirandize everyone they arrest? I mean, is it hard? Does it take a year off your life? Do you have to do special miranda paperwork? Just seems like an EZ thing to do to keep from potentially tainting your arrest.

• 1Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Laziness, expediency, like I said some cases when they don't really need any statements to bolster the case. Other reasons maybe I can't think of, might tag tummy and ambi if you are that curious.

• 1Like

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Can you explain why a cop wouldn't want to mirandize everyone they arrest? I mean, is it hard? Does it take a year off your life? Do you have to do special miranda paperwork? Just seems like an EZ thing to do to keep from potentially tainting your arrest.
It’s not just reciting certain words, you have to communicate with people and get cooperative responses (i.e. yes officer I understand). The portion of arrests in which trying to communicate with the perp is a waste of time from the get go is probably pretty high

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

If you're arresting someone for a warrant, you don't know shit about the charge and have no reason to question them. Reading Miranda is pointless then.

There's also a lot of times you have no desire to interrogate them after arresting them. You may have already questioned both sides prior to deciding to take one into custody, why would you mirandize them at that point when you have nothing left to ask?

Saying you risk "tainting" anything by not reading it to everyone only makes sense to someone who still doesn't understand why/ when it needs to be read. If you're not questioning them and they then say something incriminating, it can still be used in court.

So, no, there's nothing wrong with reading miranda to everyone you arrest, but it is stupid and pointless.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
LOL is there a picture of this guy? He sounds like he's literally a waterhead.

• 1Like

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
In New Zealand there has been a thing where Maori groups ( small hard core groups re: screw the treaty, type guys ) will issue maori drivers licenses.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
If I was a cop, I'd let the maori go if they could do a convincing wardance.

• 1Like