New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
CFAC

Lidar maker AEye to go public via $2 bln deal with Cantor-backed SPAC
REUTERS 8:27 AM ET 2/17/2021
Symbol Last Price Change
CFAC 13.54down 0 (0%)
QUOTES AS OF 04:00:00 PM ET 02/16/2021
Feb 17 (Reuters) - AEye Inc said on Wednesday it had agreed to go public through a merger with a blank-check firm backed by financial services company Cantor Fitzgerald, in a deal which values the lidar sensor maker at $2 billion.

The deal with CF Finance Acquisition Corp III(CFAC) is expected to provide AEye with gross proceeds of $455 million, raised by the SPAC during its IPO and from private investors including GM Ventures, Subaru-SBI and Intel Capital, among others.

Other AEye investors include LG Electronics Inc, Airbus Ventures and auto supplier Continental AG, which acquired a minority stake in the California startup in October.

Founded in 2013 by former Lockheed Martin and NASA engineer Luis Dussan, AEye is one of several firms specializing in a relatively young technology that uses light-based sensors to generate a three-dimensional view of the road.

Blank-check firms, or SPACs, like CF III are shell companies that raise funds through an initial public offering to take a private company public.

AEye is the latest lidar sensor maker to take the SPAC merger route to enter public markets, following in the footsteps of peers Ouster Inc and Peter Thiel-backed Luminar Technologies Inc.

The combined company, to be called AEye Holdings Inc, will be listed on the Nasdaq after the merger.

Guggenheim Securities and Cantor Fitzgerald & Co are serving as the financial and capital markets advisor to AEye and CF III respectively. (Reporting by Sohini Podder in Bengaluru; Editing by Ramakrishnan M.)
This is...not performing well today.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I should have clarified. I was talking about PSTH. There was no way I was buying CCIV up here in the stratosphere on a rumor.

I decided to roll the dice and bought some CCIV at $39, hoping the Lucid deal would get announced.

What's a good exit point for this? Over $50 and lock in some profit? I'm pretty new to the SPAC life. Have no idea where the ceiling is on a merger announcement spike.

ZNTE's been a money-loser for me but I don't know whether to drop it or take the dip as a cue to buy more.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I decided to roll the dice and bought some CCIV at $39, hoping the Lucid deal would get announced.

What's a good exit point for this? Over $50 and lock in some profit? I'm pretty new to the SPAC life. Have no idea where the ceiling is on a merger announcement spike.

ZNTE's been a money-loser for me but I don't know whether to drop it or take the dip as a cue to buy more.

hold till it's lucid and 200 dollars a share :)

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

This is why folks preach to having an exit plan before buying. You are up 46% in a few days. Is a 50% return for a few days work a good return for you? Only you can make that call. No one here can really predict the price top of a SPAC. What is $50 today could be $20 or $70 tomorrow.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PSTH warrants at all time high of $17 (+6%) while the shares are down about 2% today.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
GSAH just hit 10% from my entry. But I want to diamond hands this for more. Pigs and hogs.. I know.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This is why folks preach to having an exit plan before buying. You are up 46% in a few days. Is a 50% return for a few days work a good return for you? Only you can make that call. No one here can really predict the price top of a SPAC. What is $50 today could be $20 or $70 tomorrow.

Agreed. Well, the issue for me is it's tough to have an exit plan before I know what is considered a success. Until today I thought a 20% gain was a huge deal, now I see how quickly something can jump 50% or more.

Sold at $59, hopefully I sold at just the right time. We'll see. Either way, I made more than I started with, which is the goal. When I set out to do this, I considered making anything over $1 in profit overall to be a success. It was an experiment more than anything. I've passed that goal now (by how much, I'm not sure).

• 1Solidarity

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Sold at $59, hopefully I sold at just the right time.
You will never go broke selling stock for a profit.

Selling SNDL for 40% gain when a week or so later I could have sold for a 350-400% gain and quasi life changing money is...vexxing but you get over it.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 1Tendies
Reactions: 6 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
You will never go broke selling stock for a profit.

Selling SNDL for 40% gain when a week or so later I could have sold for a 350-400% gain and quasi life changing money is...vexxing but you get over it.

I certainly wouldn't have minded making an extra $150k.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Agreed. Well, the issue for me is it's tough to have an exit plan before I know what is considered a success. Until today I thought a 20% gain was a huge deal, now I see how quickly something can jump 50% or more.

Sold at $59, hopefully I sold at just the right time. We'll see. Either way, I made more than I started with, which is the goal. When I set out to do this, I considered making anything over $1 in profit overall to be a success. It was an experiment more than anything. I've passed that goal now (by how much, I'm not sure).
Especially on SPACs there isnt a consensus. Just people guessing. Always put everything into the context of the annual historical return of the S&P 500 is about 10%. Making 50% in a week? That is a bazillion times the historical S&P.

Some people like to sell enough to cover the initial investment on a big spike up and let the rest ride as pure profit. That is an idea also. Just have some idea going in. I'll sell at 30%, 50%, 100% etc. Though I caution the 100% exit is probably going to disappoint you. When i hit 30% profit on a trade (not long term hold) I am actively deciding whether to sell or stay. 50% I am cutting out of a chunk of those trades. Chips off the table are realized profit, not paper profit.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So for some reason Merrill wont allow trading of QQQJ, like its some risky meme stock. Its a Nasdaq 101-200 ETF. Fucking people. I hate Merrill.

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
BSPE for vintage wines is going public: only 10.04 right now so pretty much ground floor.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pershing Square Capital shareholder meeting at 9am. Everyone hoping Ackman mentions PSTH.

Here is the agenda. I expect something once we get to the portfolio section since they hold a 35% stake in PSTH.

1613657143737.png

its on the agenda (from the deck)

1613657265800.png

1613657742740.png

1613657768536.png

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Pershing Square Capital shareholder meeting at 9am. Everyone hoping Ackman mentions PSTH.

Here is the agenda. I expect something once we get to the portfolio section since they hold a 35% stake in PSTH.

View attachment 335807

its on the agenda (from the deck)

View attachment 335808

View attachment 335809

View attachment 335810
Lots of angry fuckers on Twitter with Ackman not naming a target at the meeting. Let this serve as a cautionary tale of why buying calls is no bueno. That premium go poof on you. Stick to the sell side of options.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just bought a couple hundred more shares off the 20 Day MA. (PSTH)

If we get a bigger market correction anytime soon, I will be adding a lot more.