SPAC & IPO Ideas

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Still holding!....... my 15 contracts of CCIV CCs at 35 strike are are now doomed and going to make someone else very rich.

I learned that lesson on LAZR, don't sell calls on SPACs, got called at 22.50 when it was in the mid 30's

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
If they announce by the end of the month (what the article says), then I might be able to sneak in the Apr puts before the vote.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
And now BTWN is up over 10%, can't find any reason besides CCIV triggering some general spac FOMO

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
grabbed 20 shares of cciv at the 47 dip to hold and keep just incase they actually get lucid

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Never thought I'd see the day when I saw the words 47 and dip being applied to a spac

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why why why didn't I load up more when it dipped ~$25.50 a couple weeks back.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
Why why why didn't I load up more when it dipped ~$25.50 a couple weeks back.
Because you weren't sure if they were going to get the green light on merger with Lucid ($50+ a share) or bomb out ($10 a share).

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I got greedy on my limit order to write more CCIV puts and missed filling it by a nickle. I guess there is always tomorrow.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Because you weren't sure if they were going to get the green light on merger with Lucid ($50+ a share) or bomb out ($10 a share).
I should have clarified. I was talking about PSTH. There was no way I was buying CCIV up here in the stratosphere on a rumor.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
CFAC

Lidar maker AEye to go public via $2 bln deal with Cantor-backed SPAC
REUTERS 8:27 AM ET 2/17/2021
Symbol Last Price Change
CFAC 13.54down 0 (0%)
QUOTES AS OF 04:00:00 PM ET 02/16/2021
Feb 17 (Reuters) - AEye Inc said on Wednesday it had agreed to go public through a merger with a blank-check firm backed by financial services company Cantor Fitzgerald, in a deal which values the lidar sensor maker at $2 billion.

The deal with CF Finance Acquisition Corp III(CFAC) is expected to provide AEye with gross proceeds of $455 million, raised by the SPAC during its IPO and from private investors including GM Ventures, Subaru-SBI and Intel Capital, among others.

Other AEye investors include LG Electronics Inc, Airbus Ventures and auto supplier Continental AG, which acquired a minority stake in the California startup in October.

Founded in 2013 by former Lockheed Martin and NASA engineer Luis Dussan, AEye is one of several firms specializing in a relatively young technology that uses light-based sensors to generate a three-dimensional view of the road.

Blank-check firms, or SPACs, like CF III are shell companies that raise funds through an initial public offering to take a private company public.

AEye is the latest lidar sensor maker to take the SPAC merger route to enter public markets, following in the footsteps of peers Ouster Inc and Peter Thiel-backed Luminar Technologies Inc.

The combined company, to be called AEye Holdings Inc, will be listed on the Nasdaq after the merger.

Guggenheim Securities and Cantor Fitzgerald & Co are serving as the financial and capital markets advisor to AEye and CF III respectively. (Reporting by Sohini Podder in Bengaluru; Editing by Ramakrishnan M.)

Khane

Got something right about marriage
My WPF position is almost back in the black. Alight does a lot of benefits servicing, including the benefits servicing for my own company, but after looking more into them and the amount of issues they've had with security and fraud I'm just not on board. Can't wait to sell this turd.

• 1Like