SPAC & IPO Ideas

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
People absolutely cleaned up on the warrants when CCIV dipped. They were buying for 10-11. Thousands of them.

That is a brilliant idea btw, having standing buy order at a bullshit price like that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Do whales write puts and then sell stock to drive the price down to their put and profit? Then buy back the stock at the dip having just made a fortune on options? Or am I just making shit up in my head?
There are a bunch of possible ways to manipulate the stock when you are rich or a fund.

• 1Triggered
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah that 15% spike down to be instantly followed by an 850k open share buy wasnt manipulation or anything...

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
BSPE for vintage wines is going public: only 10.04 right now so pretty much ground floor.

Thinking about putting a chunk of money on BSPE this week instead of my now-customary weekly Bitcoin buy, since BTC has spiked so much. The words "ground floor" are extremely appealing right now. ACAC is still more or less ground floor as well, got that one last week.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Conflicted with what to do with CCIV next. Its already in the 50's pre DA. All the "signs" are pointing that the deal is a sure thing. Does one reinvest in the 50's premarket tomorrow or sit on the sidelines and hope for a crash first? sigh

THCB is down to 18 or 19, supposed to be a VERY solid company behind it. I'm half suspecting a lot sold some THCB (and other shit) to get into CCIV. I hate non-rounded numbers (I like to hold shares in increments of 100 500 or 1000, depending on how much exposure I want), part of my wants to round up some of my THCB, but part of me wants to squeeze a bit more out of this CCIV retardation.

Then there is PLTR below 30 at the moment. thats a play too. I have the cash settled and ready to go in my ROTH (RIP NOK, I can't waste time with you when the momentum is elsewhere) and must choose... (having to wait for that cash to settle though already cost me, as I wanted to for SURE buy up shares at 25, but oh well, I was a bad boy and have a "free ride" violation on that account. Which pisses me off, if I bought and sold before the cash settled and the rules did not like that, then wtf did they let me do it??).

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Conflicted with what to do with CCIV next. Its already in the 50's pre DA. All the "signs" are pointing that the deal is a sure thing. Does one reinvest in the 50's premarket tomorrow or sit on the sidelines and hope for a crash first? sigh

THCB is down to 18 or 19, supposed to be a VERY solid company behind it. I'm half suspecting a lot sold some THCB (and other shit) to get into CCIV. I hate non-rounded numbers (I like to hold shares in increments of 100 500 or 1000, depending on how much exposure I want), part of my wants to round up some of my THCB, but part of me wants to squeeze a bit more out of this CCIV retardation.

Then there is PLTR below 30 at the moment. thats a play too. I have the cash settled and ready to go in my ROTH (RIP NOK, I can't waste time with you when the momentum is elsewhere) and must choose... (having to wait for that cash to settle though already cost me, as I wanted to for SURE buy up shares at 25, but oh well, I was a bad boy and have a "free ride" violation on that account. Which pisses me off, if I bought and sold before the cash settled and the rules did not like that, then wtf did they let me do it??).

I like them too, but the spac market is still full of a lot of irrational hype and FOMO, that's why I've been quick to sell at the 15-20$ pops lately instead of holding long.

ACTC, RMO, NGA, THCB are all EV producing products and generating revenue right now, but have all been going down. Meanwhile Lucid doesn't have a single car on the road yet they're 60+

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Then what should be done? My mind tells me the risks of a pullback on CCIV are greater than the chance it will run up well past 60. But heart (greed??) tells me to think about what will happen if it pulls a tesla.

I don't want to be stuck eating losses on another hype bought at the wrong time, ala my recent adventures with silver and NOK. Nothing will suck more than using my recent gains from my forced covered call sales and seeing them evaporate because I buy back into CCIV at 55 and watching it settle back to earth at the low low price of 30ish (lol clown world).

more PLTR seems like the safer bet, but I already got lots of it. THCB sounds like middle of the road, but I got plenty of that already too.

I think FOMO is at play here. Lost all my CCIV shares to covered calls and worried i'm missing the rocketship to 80+.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Then what should be done? My mind tells me the risks of a pullback on CCIV are greater than the chance it will run up well past 60. But heart (greed??) tells me to think about what will happen if it pulls a tesla.

I don't want to be stuck eating losses on another hype bought at the wrong time, ala my recent adventures with silver and NOK. Nothing will suck more than using my recent gains from my forced covered call sales and seeing them evaporate because I buy back into CCIV at 55 and watching it settle back to earth at the low low price of 30ish (lol clown world).

more PLTR seems like the safer bet, but I already got lots of it. THCB sounds like middle of the road, but I got plenty of that already too.

I think FOMO is at play here. Lost all my CCIV shares to covered calls and worried i'm missing the rocketship to 80+.
Think of it like this, you can take that money you'd put into CCIV, and instead buy 5-6 times more shares of other spacs that have almost 0 downside and unlimited upside. I did the same thing on LAZR with covered calls, and if I had jumped back in to try to catch the rocket ship I'd either have lost more or still be trading flat right now.

• 2Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Think of it like this, you can take that money you'd put into CCIV, and instead buy 5-6 times more shares of other spacs that have almost 0 downside and unlimited upside. I did the same thing on LAZR with covered calls, and if I had jumped back in to try to catch the rocket ship I'd either have lost more or still be trading flat right now.
I like the strategy of doing both (other SPACs near NAV and also playing CCIV). It is what I am doing.

The IV on CCIV makes the premium worth playing. So take "some" money and sell puts on CCIV that are more risky than I normally take because I am sort of wanting the shares. I sold puts at $35 with a $7 premium so a $28 cost basis if assigned. There is no way I am buying in the 50's. There is still sizable risk if the Lucid deal falls apart but that is probably the biggest risk. Anything else it's pretty safe premium. If it does a NKLA or HYLN and drops to $30 then I am ok owning at $28 while it builds the first cars.

The rest of my free cash is in low NAV SPACs and PLTR / PSTH puts.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor

I'm setting my alarm tomorrow morning to buy more pre-market. I think that latest Bloomberg tweet is gonna push it back to 60+. Using a different account than the one I have my $10.25 shares in so I won't mind getting in and right back out.

• 2Diamond Hands
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'm setting my alarm tomorrow morning to buy more pre-market. I think that latest Bloomberg tweet is gonna push it back to 60+. Using a different account than the one I have my $10.25 shares in so I won't mind getting in and right back out.
Diamond handing the $10.25 shares. Bravo.

• 1Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Some Spac action today - NGAC DA with Xpo which is another EV company supplying Amazon and UPS. FAII DA with some fitness company which is a giant fucking turd and I immediately unloaded this AM.

• 2Like