SPAC & IPO Ideas

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The high IV is going to help you out a lot making the money back. I still have over 3 weeks with my $17.5 so we shall see.

I also feel the need to do a public service announcement and point out that the high on CCIV today was $63.20. People were buying at $63 a share. That has got to be ass-ravaging. I have taken a few wallops (BIIB comes to mind) but I dont think have ever taken a $23 a share wallop.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The high IV is going to help you out a lot making the money back. I still have over 3 weeks with my $17.5 so we shall see.

I also feel the need to do a public service announcement and point out that the high on CCIV today was $63.20. People were buying at $63 a share. That has got to be ass-ravaging. I have taken a few wallops (BIIB comes to mind) but I dont think have ever taken a $23 a share wallop.

Yeah that's why I'm not too worried about it.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
CCIV ended at $40 down 30% from the close.

1614042453918.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This is sounding more like NKLA every hour. Now they announced they are "building a plant in China". So CCIV investors just bought into a company who delays the start of production and announces the start of a new factory in China.

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
This is sounding more like NKLA every hour. Now they announced they are "building a plant in China". So CCIV investors just bought into a company who delays the start of production and announces the start of a new factory in China.

lol

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not sure if you had an open order out there. Lowest premarket price hit $33.53.

Seems like it has bottomed for now and trading at $38 currently.
It closed unfilled. For those that can remember we went through this same "risk-off" event with SPACs after the NKLA fiasco. I expect SPAs to bleed red for a few weeks. This of course goes back to my philosophy of only investing in SPACs with solid Founders. This should present a good opportunity to get into a few quality SPACs down near the NAV. And we will probably see SPACs topping out near 20 again for the time being.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It closed unfilled. For those that can remember we went through this same "risk-off" event with SPACs after the NKLA fiasco. I expect SPAs to bleed red for a few weeks. This of course goes back to my philosophy of only investing in SPACs with solid Founders. This should present a good opportunity to get into a few quality SPACs down near the NAV. And we will probably see SPACs topping out near 20 again for the time being.
My body is ready.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Sometimes it pays to follow your gut...
Took profits off the board an a good number of my riskier put positions. What felt safe a week ago doesnt feel so safe today.

I see two ways to play the SPAC bloodbath. Look for quality SPACS near the NAV (or at least under $11) or use puts at the $10 strike on them.
My version of quality is SPACs like PSTH, BTWN, BTNB and the like. Ackman, Thiel etc. Dont invest in the SPAC, invest in the founders.

I want to add this is why I am so anal about investing near the NAV. When shit like this happens and your cost basis is $10.25 or $10.50, your downside risk is limited. All the SPACs I bought recently are down, but down 2% is down 20 or 25 cents.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
There are so many SPACs now its tough to comb through them all close to NAV. (atleast for me since this is just a little hobby)

Seems like a lot of the "biggest" names are closing deals right now or the prices are already up $20+. Or alternatively they have filed for 30 SPACs and kind of waiting right now.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
There are so many SPACs now its tough to comb through them all close to NAV. (atleast for me since this is just a little hobby)

Seems like a lot of the "biggest" names are closing deals right now or the prices are already up $20+. Or alternatively they have filed for 30 SPACs and kind of waiting right now.
Use Spac Trak

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wrote some puts on CCIV and BTWN at the $12.50 strike. Got 40 cents premium.

And closed out the CCIV for a nickle.

Last edited: