SPAC & IPO Ideas

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
On high vol stuff, you really need to way out of the money unless you don't mind losing it. It's like my KO, I go close because I don't care of I lose it.

I honestly set my CCs to the price i'd want to sell or not mind selling/taking profit at. Just the whole 20/20 hindsight and greed gets to me when it actually works out lol. "oh I lost my CCIV at 39 a share, wish I set my CC for 50 strike instead!" when I know damn well i'd of probably stop lossed that shit when I saw it approaching 40 anyways.

Can't have it both ways, unfortunately.

Same thing is almost surly going to happen to my Overstock shares this Friday. They sat around 60s forever, I sell CCs on them for 90 strike and that shit is pushing 110 now. /shrug Can I bitch at selling at 30ish a share gain? Especially when I still have a shit ton of margin to pay down??? No.

My Nividia may or may not get called, that one has dipped a tad down again.

I suppose thats the skinny of it all. When you got margin, you can either sell some shit now! or get aggressive with the CCs and get forced to sell. Maybe subconsciously I need my hand forced since by nature I'm a hold-in-hopes-of MOON holder.

Speaking of that, I had to sell the KMB stock I bought on your tip. It was the most boomer thing I may have been holding and that margin call came so...

Last edited:

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, I used to have post sale anxiety when you look at the stock you sold and its up, but then started tempering it with

1. Look at all the stocks you sold that went down
2. Look at the stocks you bought with the money you made also being up

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I honestly set my CCs to the price i'd want to sell or not mind selling/taking profit at. Just the whole 20/20 hindsight and greed gets to me when it actually works out lol. "oh I lost my CCIV at 39 a share, wish I set my CC for 50 strike instead!" when I know damn well i'd of probably stop lossed that shit when I saw it approaching 40 anyways.

Can't have it both ways, unfortunately.

Same thing is almost surly going to happen to my Overstock shares this Friday. They sat around 60s forever, I sell CCs on them for 90 strike and that shit is pushing 110 now. /shrug Can I bitch at selling at 30ish a share gain? Especially when I still have a shit ton of margin to pay down??? No.

My Nividia may or may not get called, that one has dipped a tad down again.

I suppose thats the skinny of it all. When you got margin, you can either sell some shit now! or get aggressive with the CCs and get forced to sell. Maybe subconsciously I need my hand forced since by nature I'm a hold-in-hopes-of MOON holder.

Speaking of that, I had to sell the KMB stock I bought on your tip. It was the most boomer thing I may have been holding and that margin call came so...
Don't forget you have the ability to roll the options out. Expiry date isn't set in stone if you dont want it to be. Same with the strike.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
and that margin call came ...

scared friends tv GIF

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
On the subject of margin, I advise everyone using it to get off it. I am not saying you can't make money using it but... If it wasn't profitable for the companies they wouldn't offer it. I see it almost like credit cards. Only use them when I am making money on using them (never carry a balance and get 1.5% off every usage). If people sit down in excel and calculate the actual cost of margin on their trading moves, I would be curious of how much the margin cost is eating into those tendies.

Live within your means; Trade within your means.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Ford sold its VLDR stake. Wonder when they sold it and that's maybe why it dropped from 25$

Wingz

Being Poor Sucks.
SBE is voting on their merger. Gonna wait till the vote goes and the date is set then sell.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Longview spac looks like its completed its merger with BFLY and BFLY is trading higher than it did as LGVW. Just another example that with the right company its ok to hold past merger. I've seen this happen with HIMS and of course LAZR and a few others.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user