SPAC & IPO Ideas

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Soon you'll have to write code to NOT integrate with stripe!

• 1Jonesing
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NSH - Merging with Global Spire (a satellite data company). The only SPAC I am currently keeping through merge because I like the idea of an orbital data company and they have their own micro satellites). It will probably never go any where but its worth a ride. If it does take off they have a nice moat (having their own satellites in orbit already).

BRIEF-Spire Global - Co, Tac Index Limited Announced A Strategic Partnership To Support Launch Of Tac Space
REUTERS 7:30 AM ET 5/26/2021
Symbol Last Price Change
NSH 9.9up 0 (0%)
QUOTES AS OF 04:10:00 PM ET 05/25/2021
May 26 (Reuters) - NavSight Holdings, Inc.(NSH):

* SPIRE GLOBAL - CO, TAC INDEX LIMITED ANNOUNCED A STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP TO SUPPORT LAUNCH OF TAC SPACE

* SPIRE GLOBAL - PAIRING WILL OFFER INSIGHTS FUELED BY LIVE TRACKING OF AIR CARGO SUPPLY AND MARKET TRENDS Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PSTH - Warrants just popped on a low volume bid. +20% jump. Someone paid $10.94 for 100 warrants after a close of $9.14

• 1Mother of God

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
NSH
Went through the financials and info on Spire Global again this morning. They make their own micro satellites and provide SAAS from the data. I doubled my position on them and am going to give it run and see if they can make it scale up. They have been around for 10 years so not a recent "idea" company. They have some revenue which is also a plus and count NASA as a paying customer. Lowered my cost basis to $10.60 and we see what happens.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
PAY
IPO'd yesterday reference price was $21, traded around $28. They generate actual revenue and had 28% yoy revenue growth and EBITDA margin of around 11%. Positive cash flows the last two years. May not be a "powerhouse" but might be worth watching if market softness moves it down toward the reference price. EPS based on the 10m shares they put out is $1.37

edit: broke down below yesterday's initial opening price.
edit: Sub $27 down almost 8%

Last edited:

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think that is more institutional buys with da potentially near. Lots of wacky price action over the last 2 weeks. Trickles down on price, then massive buy orders spiking price repeatedly over days.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
All these financial "journalists" cant grasp PSTH NAV is $20, not $10

And even then it wouldn't be "1.5x", it'd be 2.5x. Financial journalists are as bad as the rest of the "news".

Well, I got rid of my XPOA, quite the flatline after that announcement and it never recovered. Lost a very small amount since I'd already moved most of my XPOA elsewhere. I've got about $980 of XPOA money to move around, any suggestions? I've got PSTH and BTNB, could either...

-Bring down my BTNB buy-in average a little bit
-Add to PSTH in hopes of there being big news there soon
-Get some BTWN
-Get some GSAH
-Get something else
-Buy Ethereum

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Spacs are still dead, I saw a statistic the other day that over 90%+ are now under NAV

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Spacs are still dead, I saw a statistic the other day that over 90%+ are now under NAV
I am close enough to NAV on the SPACs I am holding that if they flat after the DA then I'm only our opportunity cost. Even BTWN I got down to $11 so I can suck it up if it sucks.
I'm down to BTWN, BTNB, GSAV and SVFA.

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
And even then it wouldn't be "1.5x", it'd be 2.5x. Financial journalists are as bad as the rest of the "news".

Well, I got rid of my XPOA, quite the flatline after that announcement and it never recovered. Lost a very small amount since I'd already moved most of my XPOA elsewhere. I've got about $980 of XPOA money to move around, any suggestions? I've got PSTH and BTNB, could either...

-Bring down my BTNB buy-in average a little bit
-Add to PSTH in hopes of there being big news there soon
-Get some BTWN
-Get some GSAH
-Get something else
-Buy Ethereum
You might want to look outside SPACs for places to put money. ABT lowered guidance on slowdowns in Coronachan testing and the stock dropped. Look for quality companies on sale. In the long run you will be happier than chasing SPACs. If you must go SPAC then pick something sub-NAV and roll the dice.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
BTWN spiked to 10.80 before coming back down, don't see any news
17,400 share buy order hit on the spike.

1622744581434.png

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This came out of left field if true...

And stock plunging on the news.
edit: down 12% at 21.78 and maybe we finally get to go below NAV.

Last edited:

Sanrith Descartes

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Looks like they do more than a billion a quarter in revenue and over 7 billion last year. I really need to see some financials before I figure what I am going to do.