Space Force

velk

Trakanon Raider
I watched all of this as background while doing other stuff. It was ok, it just wasn't funny - the last minute of the first episode is about as funny as it gets.

That's not to say it spent all it's time trying to be funny and failing, it spends a lot of time playing it pretty straight.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Yeah...forget the blah blah blah liberal/conservative viewpoints you guys tend to have.

Is the comedy solid?

I am hearing NO

joz123

Potato del Grande
Terrible show. Seems like they just grabbed the actors they wanted then had to write something fast. Couldn't finish 1 episode.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If you don't find chimpanzee prisoners of war funny, then you won't like this.

I honestly don't see how you could fuck up "chimpanzee POWs" unless it was a snuff film. I guess I'll be watching it tomorrow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Watch it. Then come back with your hat in your hand.

I mean, it's not bad, it's just not funny.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Watch it. Then come back with your hat in your hand.

I mean, it's not bad, it's just not funny.
The whole point of a comedy show is to be funny. This show failed that criteria so it is bad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Wow you guys are such fragile bitches - check my post history, I’m not a liberal sjw in any way.

I thought this was hilarious. They make like 4 comments about trump and it’s pretty benign and barely address him.

This was hilarious. Carell is great as the stubborn old school military type out of his element.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 4 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I plan to watch it because it should be funny, i dont care about it being about that idiots space force, funny is funny the politics are irrelevant.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Shut it off halfway through first episode. It's just kind of boring.

• 1Like

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I don’t care about the politics, I care about a comedy being funny, this was a miss In the funny department in spite of a good cast.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah its INSANE the cast they have and yet there are almost no laughs at all. Its bizarre how the show veers wildly between emotional/sweet and "look at these incompetent people" but it never stops to make anything funny. Some of the cast in just the first episode

Puddy from Seinfeld - hilariously dry, but only in the episode for 15 seconds
Stan The Man from Americans - not much to work with, 2 mins
RIP Fred Willard, again 1 minute
John Malkovich - probably the only real funny person on the show
Phoebe from Friends - boring?
Jian Yang from Silicon Valley - boring, no laughs

just on and on, and none of them really have any good lines. Its bizarre. The formula was right there, Veep in Space with people who cuss all the time, are massively overstressed and so have fucked up weird ass vices and despise humanity, government inefficiency and cluelessness, etc but its all lost and they try to ground it with "normal" people. Its just a weird inauthentic "base at nowhere" with people who feel exactly like actors saying lines that are not snappy or well crafted.

I absolutely HATED Avenue Q, the other "space comedy". That was absolute trash. I've only seen 1 episode of this, and it wasn't as bad, but it just wasn't funny. A shame.

• 5Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Tried to go in with an open mind...And I can say, its not any Liberal bullshit that killed this, its just not funny.

Fails to be a drama, fails to be a comedy. Its right in that tiny crossover point where its horrible at both. The issue seems to be 100% the writers, too.

• 3Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
a show built from and around tds isn't funny? weird

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The formula was right there, Veep in Space

Veep in space would have been great. Instead they tried to make it Get Smart in space, and it really failed.

• 3Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I'm very anti-Trump but I could only get through 10 minutes of the first episode before turning this shit off. Bad jokes and bad acting, IMHO.

• 1Like

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
The entire season had one laugh for me when Jean-Ralphio says to John Malkovich "you look like the type of guy that pretends to like jazz."

Pretty awful otherwise.

• 1Like