Spartacus

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I always loved the shit out of the first season of this, but for some reason I couldn't get through the second season. Crixis to me turned into a whiny little bitch and it just wasn't the same without Andy. Maybe I'll give it another shot sometime, but I guess I'm also satisfied just having watched and re-watched season 1. So damn good.

Honestly the last two seasons of this were better than the first. Even Gods of War was a great interim and a marvelous setup for gannacus appearing in the following seasons.

I missed Andy at first, but honestly Liam does a great job..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
It’s almost impossible to go from Andy to Liam and not be turned off from it straight away but that fades. I hated the guy at first as well, I’m not sure if it was the acting or just “that’s not Andy” but somewhere along the way he turns it around.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

It took me all the way till the compound outside the city in S2 to get into it. The entire start of S2 was harsh as it had a slight time jump and the actor swap - the Crixus band vs Spartacus band was hard as well because you didnt get the setup or even really knew it was "that big of a deal" until it was and then resolved.

Once your past the first few S2, it moves along and yes, Andy was awesome and Liam did fill the shoes (sandles) as best as anyone could.

Also, not to hate on Andy...but...

at the VERY end, when they replay Andy standing in the arena shouting "I AM SPARTACUS!" it was so off putting as his voice was so different than the direction Liam took it- it was not noticable for me because I watched S1, then GOTA then S2 etc. so there was a gap, but going right from the final episode with Liam to that clip, it was like "whoa! ahh"

Raes

Vyemm Raider
It took me all the way till the compound outside the city in S2 to get into it. The entire start of S2 was harsh as it had a slight time jump and the actor swap - the Crixus band vs Spartacus band was hard as well because you didnt get the setup or even really knew it was "that big of a deal" until it was and then resolved.

Once your past the first few S2, it moves along and yes, Andy was awesome and Liam did fill the shoes (sandles) as best as anyone could.

Also, not to hate on Andy...but...

at the VERY end, when they replay Andy standing in the arena shouting "I AM SPARTACUS!" it was so off putting as his voice was so different than the direction Liam took it- it was not noticable for me because I watched S1, then GOTA then S2 etc. so there was a gap, but going right from the final episode with Liam to that clip, it was like "whoa! ahh"

That last clip was an homage to Andy. I didn't find it off putting at all.

Siliconemelons

That last clip was an homage to Andy. I didn't find it off putting at all.

I know, it was not bad - its just I haven't heard his voice in a long time - and it was like wow they do sound different.

And I was glad they put in a homage to him.

Spartacus all in all, is a really damn good and damn fine peice of film history imo - it does a lot of things right and it had some really good acting - I cant think of anyone that was a bad actor or seemed out of place. After ep 1-2 the effects and cinematography took on their own style vs a 300 ripoff.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
To me the whole series was amazeballs, but where it went from really good to amazing is when Crixus, Spartacus, and Gannicus team up to kick ass.

Fealorn

<Bronze Donator>
Series was awesome. One of the most enjoyable shows I have watched. I would often watch the weekly episode on Saturday morning before I went on my long training runs for whatever marathon i was going to do, those runs were awesome.

My son's middle name is Gannicus, I wanted him to have a bad ass middle name. Eventually, he's 3 now, I will show him a clip of Gannicus singing and tell him that's where his name came from.

• 2Solidarity

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Series was awesome. One of the most enjoyable shows I have watched. I would often watch the weekly episode on Saturday morning before I went on my long training runs for whatever marathon i was going to do, those runs were awesome.

My son's middle name is Gannicus, I wanted him to have a bad ass middle name. Eventually, he's 3 now, I will show him a clip of Gannicus singing and tell him that's where his name came from.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
fHBMuhq.jpg

• 5Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL, I rewatch this shit like every 2 yrs. It might not be the best "rome" type shit around, but who the fuck cares? I loved this show and everything about it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Cybsled

Batiartus was also an amazing character and super quotable.

"Once again the Gods have spread cheeks and rammed cock into ass!"

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
if you don't like this show there is probably something seriously wrong with you. i mean, straight guys should love it for all the shit talking and amazing tits, gay guys should love it for all the dong

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
Personally, I think it's the greatest show ever made.
I didn't even mind the pilot, though I can see why a lot of people hate on it. But it just gets better and better, and after episode 4 or 5, it reached amazing territory for me.

I think it's time for me to do a rewatch...

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Siliconemelons

Imo it's up there with Babylon 5 in the doing everything right level of TV... and they survived the loss of their main star, made a .5 season to keep the momentum and it turned out to be great, even with complaint about "it's a rehash, or pre-hash of the Spartacus v crixus with crix v gannicus" however, that very thing is actually an important cycle for crixus to see so he can then want to rebel.

• 2Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Personally, I think it's the greatest show ever made.
I didn't even mind the pilot, though I can see why a lot of people hate on it. But it just gets better and better, and after episode 4 or 5, it reached amazing territory for me.

I think it's time for me to do a rewatch...

It definitely ranks up there in the top 5 best shows of all time for me, but I will say that the last 2-3 episodes including the finale were the best 2-3 episodes of TV I have ever watched. Breaking Bad might eke it out in terms of being a better series altogether, but in terms of independent episodes Spartacus' finale and the run up to it is probably the best TV ever.

Siliconemelons

The feeling of doom S3 had was palatable - its like Titantic, you know the ending but spartacus had was better tits and a better ending for our characters..and virtually none of them happy.

except...

THE GAY DUDES LIVED even SJW rome wouldent kill off the gay dudes!