Spartacus

Noahx

N00b
Just wrong

For those debating ~ just watch the first season. There are a whole lot worse things to see and the drama/action is good.

erff to people wishing Spartacus was more like HBO's Rome. Two totally different animals. Just be happy this show isnt as bad as Starz Camelot.

SerpentBlade_sl

shitlord
OMG...
eek.png

Sterling

El Presidente
Camelot was pretty painful to watch. Wanted it to be good so badly, couldn't make it through the whole season though.

Railin_sl

shitlord
I could not get used to the new Spartacus at all, let a lone Naevea... Crixus and Gannicus are carrying the show for me. No doubt I will be watching, but I will still have that bleh feeling every time I see Liam Mcintyre...

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I got the idea, the one where they were aiming for historical accuracy, from the creator of the show itself, Steven DeKnight.

"We have two fantastic historical consultants, Aaron Irvin and Jeffrey Stevens. They are instrumental in our attempt to remain as historically accurate as possible."

Nice try though, bro.
Hey Beef, how about that historical accuracy?

So, by now it's obvious that Cut was right and Starz is playing fast a loose with it. I'm glad that they are choosing to replace Batiatus' political backstabbing and power grabs with Crassus. The vacuum of politics in the second season really hurt the show. I hope this guy can fulfill that subtle mastermind role.

Anyone find it odd the look Crassus' personal slave gave when Tiberius had to fight the gladiator trainer? I'm thinking Tiberius might be her son--which will make him looking down on slaves very funny.

joz123

Potato del Grande
If anyone here has Directv and doesnt have STARZ, the first episode is free on audience network this saturday, think Dish is doing the same free preview.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The first episode of this season is already ondemand for me. going to watch now. I have comcast.

Edit..just watched it. Not bad! I don't want to spoil anything but the one pArt where you Gannicaus laughing in the background cracked me up.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm excited. Really liked the first episode. Crassus is going to be pretty badass to watch. Couple parts were pretty cheesy (Opening scene with spartacus going in 1vAll, Spartacus throwing the spear to finish off the last rider, The double decapitation of the two generals) overall, definitely looking forward to this season.

I had to double take because I swear Crassus' wife or w/e looks very identical to Illythia.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, loved the first episode. Crassus is going to be awesome. Way fucking better than Glabber.

Yukiri_sl

shitlord
I found myself being more ok the new Naevia more after that episode last night, she felt like a better fit in the blood/mud covered fight sequences. Im having trouble picturing the original actress pulling it off. I also loved how Crassus wasnt the same sort of condescending, overconfident prick that Glabber was, he will prove a great counter to Spartacus as the season goes on.