Spend an hour with anyone - who?

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Trump.

I hate that for once I would have a strong answer for "whos a role model or other historical person you admire" during school and dumber interview questions. But I know unless it's a hyper conservative org, that's going to get me dropped.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I'd talk to the younger version of myself, preferably around 18 years old.

I'd bring all the best trading information, sports bets, lotto numbers, etc.

If I could only whisper one word, it would be "Bitcoin."
Damn it, stole my answer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

JVIRUS

Golden Knight of the Realm
Bill Hicks. Laugh our asses off while killing a bottle of something good.

anything gif 2.gif

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you could spend an hour with anyone in all in history, who would it be? No fictional shit like Jeezus or Khaleesi from GOT. Person has to have lived and be historical/alive in some meaningful way.

Oh and you can drink or take drugs for that hour!
I don't believe in superstitious fiction, but Jesus lived and it would definitely be Jesus. Just to find out the truth of what really happened and see if he was the real deal as far as an inspirational moral philosopher worthy of the myth and the legend.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
If we get to watch them die again at the end of the hour, Bill hicks might be a good choice.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Marco Polo

I'd slit his throat, BAM, lets see you white ppl invent Pizza, Pasta and Gunpowder.

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Well, I'd take the younger me if that's possible as someone else already said, and pretty much point out the need to invest in apple after their stock hit under one dollar, and also investing in Amazon, and buying more bitcoin, but if it HAD to be someone else..

It would be Augustus Caesar (Gaius Octavius). I've always been really interested in Roman History and there are so many questions about the time period I'd have that we can't really get from just the histories which were written down. Sulla or Fabius would also be up there and so would Muhammad (To see if he was insane or really just a brilliant social engineer.)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
I'm torn between killing Muhammad or telling Hitler not to attack Russia :(

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Maybe I could find out where he's been hiding. Also lot of you picked people you wouldn't be able to communicate with.

729dcf18e9e8ac9fa6a10860807905bb--andy-kaufmann-funny-guys.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It'd probably be younger me.

For better or worse I'm more interested in technology than history, so discovering the truth behind momentous events (ex: seeing the death of julius caesar, the sermon on the mount or whatever), having a casual conversation with someone important / interesting doesn't appeal that much to me.

I don't think there's anything about history I'd want to change, or that I thought could be changed. Though I think because it happened in my lifetime, I'd potentially want to stop 9/11 by choosing to meet with W Bush in 2001. it'd certainly be interesting to give W Bush a detailed history of everything that happened post 9/11, but I think besides preventing the Iraq war / 9/11 it wouldn't change much about the USA in 2018.

Though it'd be funny to stop 9/11 and the Iraq war, then go back to 2018 and find a nuclear war happened because Saddam actually did have WMDs.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I wasnt really considering telling the person you pick about the future, just hanging out with them, shooting the shit.

If it's a go back in time scenario I would definitely pick Cory Haim and tell him about all the awesome shit he ends up missing out on by killing himself, in the hope he doesnt go through with it.

Imagine a Netflix series starring a 38 year old Haim?