Spend an hour with anyone - who?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Da Vinci, Tesla or Jordan Peterson.

Those are the most interesting people I can think of.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
The big problem with Tesla is that he was apparently asocial to an extreme degree. He might be interesting, but I'm not sure I'd appreciate spending 1h with him...

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
Well, I'd take the younger me if that's possible as someone else already said, and pretty much point out the need to invest in apple after their stock hit under one dollar, and also investing in Amazon, and buying more bitcoin, but if it HAD to be someone else..

It would be Augustus Caesar (Gaius Octavius). I've always been really interested in Roman History and there are so many questions about the time period I'd have that we can't really get from just the histories which were written down. Sulla or Fabius would also be up there and so would Muhammad (To see if he was insane or really just a brilliant social engineer.)

Any of the OG Roman Empire leaders would be acceptable. Julius Caesar would probably top my list just because his legends are better than Octavians even though he’s probably the most successful ruler in world history.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Caligula would be a "fun" hour, not sure you'd remember it and you may be walking funny for a while

• 1Worf

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Since we're assuming no language barrier, Genghis Khan (obviously), Thucydides, or Julie d'Aubigny.

Or Muhammad if I can bring a gun.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
My 20 year old self but since that has been taken already,

King Midas with a box of wooden nickles.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Young me, Someone from the previous Epoch, Maybe the Giant they killed near Khandahar....who am I kidding...Donald Trump of course!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Since we're assuming no language barrier, Genghis Khan (obviously), Thucydides, or Julie d'Aubigny.

Or Muhammad if I can bring a gun.
That just made me realize that I'm not aware of any muslims on this board? Serious question.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
That just made me realize that I'm not aware of any muslims on this board? Serious question.

tumblr_liafuhRxmd1qa4bito1_500.gif

• 1Jonesing

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Aristotle, just to see if I could see that real 'spark' in him, in real life, just maybe. I want to know if he was legit or if he is just a product of our imagination.

I'd like to meet Darwin too, but one hour is a legitimately pathetic amount of time.

If I am only limited to one hour I might pick a more contemporary person such as Sam Harris or Jordan Peterson.

If I could have a day or a week or a month, I'd pick Aristotle or Darwin.

Maybe Alexander or Caesar. Or Orwell. Or Hemingway. Or Adams. Or Lincoln. One hour is just not enough time.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>

To my knowledge our last open Muslim was Osiris. My several years old recollection is that he didn't like any portrayal of Muhammad as anything but a saint.

I'll give the guy some credit, he hung in there with us shitlord atheists for some months. But like all Muslims, he eventually reached 'Critical Butthurt' in service of his cult leader and ragequit as an eternal virtue-signal to his Allah.

To my knowledge he was one of only two or three open Muslims we've ever had here and he got BTFO'd by redneck American nerds who had read more of the Quran than he had.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
To my knowledge our last open Muslim was Osiris. My several years old recollection is that he didn't like any portrayal of Muhammad as anything but a saint.

I'll give the guy some credit, he hung in there with us shitlord atheists for some months. But like all Muslims, he eventually reached 'Critical Butthurt' in service of his cult leader and ragequit as an eternal virtue-signal to his Allah.

To my knowledge he was one of only two or three open Muslims we've ever had here and he got BTFO'd by redneck Americans who had read more of the Quran than he had.
In a AMA type of thread, or politics?

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Seems to me that the politics thread is a little more brutal to dissenting opinion than most other places on here. I was just curious if he got "butthurt" in that thread or elsewhere, when talking about religion.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Seems to me that the politics thread is a little more brutal to dissenting opinion than most other places on here. I was just curious if he got "butthurt" in that thread or elsewhere, when talking about religion.

My recollection of him was from the Atheist Thread. Punches also tend not to be pulled in that thread as well so it very well may have triggered Muhammad's Snowflake.

• 2Worf

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Yeah all that historical figure / past self stuff.

Fuck all that. I'll go with Riley Reid.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Archimedes with a stack of books for him to read.

• 1Like

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
If we can choose an unspecific person, it would have to be a ruler or high priest from "Atlantis". Not sure I believe in the true myth of that sunken continent, but I do think the legend may have some historical foundation by which some city state was destroyed by catastrophe. Would be interesting to see what their culture was like.

But, if it has to be someone specific, then I might go with Pontius Pilate, about an hour before he has to judge a certain rebellious Jew. I would try and convince him to let that person go. No Crucifixion, no Christianity. Wonder what sort of a world I would return to!

• 1Picard

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
If we can choose an unspecific person, it would have to be a ruler or high priest from "Atlantis". Not sure I believe in the true myth of that sunken continent, but I do think the legend may have some historical foundation by which some city state was destroyed by catastrophe. Would be interesting to see what their culture was like.
Since "Atlantis" was almost surely Santorini, at 1500BC, we're looking at bronze-age pre-mycaenian period. The thing is, in that era, each civilization was significantly different from the others. Crete was very different from the Mittani, which were different from Egyptians. The only thing we know is that they were almost certainly very very different from the classical civilizations (like Greece - the mycaenian civilization that is featured in Homer was invaders from central Eurasia arriving in Greece around that time).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users