Spend an hour with anyone - who?

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
It was Hadrian who nominated Aurelius as his successor. Trajan chose Hadrian on his deathbed (although some of the ancient sources think it was actually Trajan's wife).

Interestingly enough, Nerva, Trajan, and Hadrian all tilted homosexual, and all of them seemed to choose their successor based on that memetic principle you mentioned.

You're right, I have remembered my events wrong.

The main point I wanted to make was that Trajan was the most impressive of the lot, and that he was found and elevated by meritocracy, not aristocracy.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
David Hogg

200.gif

• 10Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 10 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think that Jesus would be the obvious answer to this assuming that he would be completely honest. No one could answer more pertinent historical questions than he could. I wouldn't bother with someone like Peterson or Harris because you can hear 30,000 hours of them talking about everything they think already on YouTube.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>

That kid sold the headbutt like a pro.

My answers:

To rape: Marilyn Monroe. Just exudes sexuality and knew exactly how to use it to her advantage.
To bullshit with: Julius or Augustus Caesar. I would love to get an insight into what its like to successfully play the game at that level.

Edit: After a second thought maybe Julius wasn't as successful as Augustus lol.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
To chill with: Vincent Price. Seem like a guy who would tell a cool story or eleven.

To learn from: Dr. Stephen Hawkings.

Someone who is still alive: Tommy Wiseau

To struggle snuggle: no one I Don’t make rape jokes. :smuggly:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Just read through the entire thread. Do we not have black board members? No one answered “my dad”.

• 1Picard

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My real answer is tough, so many fascinating people from the past. The founding fathers of USA, Roman leaders, Khan, Hitler, lots of the big pioneers, inventors.

Probably Jesus. I hate religion and think it’s ridiculous. I just want to know wtf happened that made this dudes story spread all over in a time when communication was via merchants on donkeys and camels.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
My real answer is tough, so many fascinating people from the past. The founding fathers of USA, Roman leaders, Khan, Hitler, lots of the big pioneers, inventors.

Probably Jesus. I hate religion and think it’s ridiculous. I just want to know wtf happened that made this dudes story spread all over in a time when communication was via merchants on donkeys and camels.

He accepted slaves and women and told them that they were all equal, in heaven, to the Emperor. No mystery to me. (Not that I'm hating on your answer)

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
He accepted slaves and women and told them that they were all equal, in heaven, to the Emperor. No mystery to me. (Not that I'm hating on your answer)
A bit more (or less) than that. What Christianity did was to take Judaism, and make it non jewish-exclusive. You no longer had to be a member of the chosen people to be worthy. If judaism hasn't included the whole "chosen people" shebang, Christianity would have never taken off.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd have to choose someone who could solve a modern mystery. Seth Rich, DB Cooper, Jimmy Hoffa, whoever originally built the Sphinx etc. Inquiring minds want to know!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Vision Quest with Brad McQuaid in the desert.

Explore the addictions of camping pixels as it might relate to gambling in a way.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Jesus, as he was a living man at one point, whether you believe he was divine or not.

But if not, then probably George Washington. I've always wanted to see the look on the founding fathers faces if they could see what liberals have done to this country.

If currently living, Donald Trump.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Mark Twain.

Since a fair amount of people made this into a "if you could bone anybody" thread, Ivanka Trump is my answer there.

However if we're talking "sit down and discuss things for an hour", Mark Twain no doubt. We're related and we think a lot of the same stuff, something I didn't know too much about until recently when I started digging into his writings.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I'll be that guy. The easy answer is my dad - when he was in his 40s. His perspectives were usually great. Updating him on where we are now would be rough.

As far as famous people probably Enrico Fermi. I might not even need an hour. It depends on his first answers about the Chronovisor.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Atlas the first king of atlantis! Not super interested in that time period but maybe they would know more about the more distant past.

If plato's info was bad and atlantis never existed, maybe the boss librarian at alexandria at the height of the library.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users