Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One) (2022)

spronk

FPS noob
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One) (2022)

Genre: Animation, Action, Science Fiction, Comedy, Adventure

Director: Joaquim Dos Santos, Justin K. Thompson, Kemp Powers

Cast: Shameik Moore, Hailee Steinfeld, Jake Johnson, Oscar Isaac, Issa Rae

Release: 2022-10-06

Plot: Miles Morales returns for the next chapter of the Spider-Verse saga, an epic adventure that will transport Brooklyn’s full-time, friendly neighborhood Spider-Man across the Multiverse to join forces with Gwen Stacy and a new team of Spider-People to face off with a villain more powerful than anything they have ever encountered.

• 5Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Movie is two parts and Christopher Miller says they are working on both parts simultaneously. Could be a Xmas release for part 2 maybe?

edit : Nope, just found confirmation that part 2 will be out in 2023 at some point

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Stoked. Amod Amod can to make his post it’s own thread? Best thing in the MCU deserves it!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Jesus. Arcane has ruined me. That just looks ok.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
l2hjrByNNohRZhNvQrw6TFzAF5i.jpg

Title: Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One)

Genre: Animation, Action, Science Fiction, Comedy, Adventure

Director: Joaquim Dos Santos, Justin K. Thompson, Kemp Powers

Cast: Shameik Moore, Hailee Steinfeld, Jake Johnson, Oscar Isaac, Issa Rae

Release: 2022-10-06

Plot: Miles Morales returns for the next chapter of the Spider-Verse saga, an epic adventure that will transport Brooklyn’s full-time, friendly neighborhood Spider-Man across the Multiverse to join forces with Gwen Stacy and a new team of Spider-People to face off with a villain more powerful than anything they have ever encountered.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Going to enjoy the everloving fuck out of this. But probably not in theaters given current politics. But I will don an eyepatch for this.

spronk

FPS noob
part 1 has been moved from Oct 2022 (this year) to June 2023

I didn't even know they were doing it as 2 parts, wonder why the delay. Its also triggering a ton of other Sony movie reshuffles:

As a result of the movie, Sony is moving up their other animated feature, Lyle, Lyle, Crocodile from Josh Gordon and Will Speck from Nov. 18 to Oct. 7.
In addition, Sony has dated their Spider-Man spinoff Madame Web from filmmaker S.J. Clarkson for July 7, 2023, the pic starring Sydney Sweeney an Dakota Johnson.
There’s also the Denzel Washington and director Antoine Fuqua reteam, The Equalizer 3 on Sept. 1, 2023.
The studio’s Korean War movie, Devotion, from director JD Dillard and starring Jonathan Majors and Glen Powell, is set to rollout on Oct. 14 with limited runs, expanding on Oct. 21, and going side on Oct. 28.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just noticed they brought Joaquim Dos Santos onto this who is an absolute legend imo. This might end up being a sequel that surpasses the original despite the delays.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They're really not showing much, half the trailer was flashbacks of the original.

spronk

FPS noob
new trailers are up

USA

intl (adds a few seconds of suits from live action which is neat)

looks good, first movie was pretty awesome in IMAX so I'll probably go see this as well in theaters

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Oh they are going to slip in the message no matter what.

Fs5FXXEXgAgYCP3.jpg

• 1Direct to DVD
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I am so ready for this movie. Loved the first, so I have nothing but high expectations going in. Imax 3D, of course.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Just picked up my ticket for this on opening night. Unfortunately, it's ONLY available in 2D out here. Even checking multiple different theaters and days. It's a shame. The first movie was an incredible 3D experience.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Easily as good as the first one with some new things thrown in. There is so much going on it demands a home watch with the ability to pause or slow things down. Loved the call back to the first movie for the primary villains origin.
Much larger scale to the whole plot which remember, is not going to resolve in this, there’s a sequel. Did not disappoint in the slightest.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database