Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (Part One) (2022)

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
What? Gwen is trans? What?

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yup, I believe this is a better movie than the first even though I like the first a whole lot.
Holy fuck, I don't know how that is even possible, considering I think the 1st is probably the greatest "comic book" movie of all-time. I have tickets for Friday and am super excited now.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
What? Gwen is trans? What?

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America
This is a thing where they just decide to make characters trans just because. There was one of the One Piece characters the trans community claimed and when the creator said she wasn't they flipped the fuck out.

• 1Worf

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This is a thing where they just decide to make characters trans just because. There was one of the One Piece characters the trans community claimed and when the creator said she wasn't they flipped the fuck out.
yeah, i looked a little into it and basically because of some color palettes the trans community just decided that she's trans and that because people identify with her, no one has the right to take that away from them. i'm just like, just because you identify with a made up thing doesn't mean you can force others to identify her the same way you do.

they are completely ignoring the fact that spider-gwen's outfit colors were picked before the trans flag was a thing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
took my nephews boy scout troop to see it, they all loved it but man i felt my age. i couldn't understand a few characters like the rasta dude, no clue what he said and wished there were subtitles. i really hate that "glitch" color/shift thing they do a lot, and it happens more in this movie

first half of the movie is boring as FUUUUCK and has a little bit of girl power shit in it, pregnant spiderwoman is lulzy eyeroll, but second half is really good. just wish the story was a bit better, there are two cool big set pieces in the middle of the movie but i don't really feel like there is a strong plot that ties it all together. the movie ending on a cliffhanger kinda sucks.

if you have kids, take em, they'll love it. solo adult... just wait for it to stream at home, i'd honestly rather have watched it that way. we all watched the first one at home this weekend and it was great.

theater was PACKED on a tue afternoon at 1pm IMAX, its crazy how popular the movie is with young adults. I really, really felt old watching it, in a "what the fuck just happened too much shit is going on screen for my old ass" way

no alphabet people shit, no real politics, the "lore" in this movie doesn't make a lot of sense to me but i'm sure spidey fans know all of it

Ome

Molten Core Raider
Ignore the above about seeing it at home. This is the type of movie that deserves your money so more of this can be made going forward.

• 4Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

Sevens

Log Wizard
Holy fuck, I don't know how that is even possible, considering I think the 1st is probably the greatest "comic book" movie of all-time. I have tickets for Friday and am super excited now.
I think this is the dumbest thing I have read on the internet all week. The 1st was an okay movie, to say it is the greatest comic book movie of all time is BLM level of stupidity

Untitled.jpg

p173378_p_v8_au.jpg

avengersinfinitywar_lob_mas_hlf_01_3.jpg

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

spronk

FPS noob
neat. a 14 year old kid did the lego sequence for the movie, the producers saw the lego shot for shot trailer remake he made and were impressed and asked him on board

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Movie is absolutely incredible, most scenes are a work of art and classes on color theory could be built around this thing.

• 1Like