Spider-Man: Far from Home (2019)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Really enjoyed this, start is a little slow with the school trip and really picks up. Mysterio is an awesome villian, hope he survives somehow.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Really enjoyed this, start is a little slow with the school trip and really picks up. Mysterio is an awesome villian, hope he survives somehow.

'no active illusions' doesn't mean 'no vital signs'

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just saw this. Definitely glad I went. I really like what they're doing with supporting characters and even MJ. I just hope MJ grows out of her adolescence within the next few movies. I like the actress playing her, but something isn't quite right imho. Maybe I'm just too attached to McFarlane era MJ.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
I took my daughter. She liked it more than I did. I thought it was worth the movie admission and worth the time to see. I didn't love it. I thought the first one was far better. It was about average for a Marvel movie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I really enjoyed it. Marvel proved again they can make any power set look awesome. I thought Homecoming was better, but not by much.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Saw this today with Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus , I thought it was solid. Not my favorite Spiderman movie, but far from the abysmal and shameful places we have seen.

Still not completely thrilled with the treatment of MJ. Don't mind the actress playing her at all, just wish she was written more like "My MJ" who wouldn't be that level of timid and awkward, but I'm an old fart and obviously nobody writes movies for me anymore.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I thought they did the mysterio showdown fights extremely well, and in general Spidey’s fight choreography and flow is top notch, still best of the three franchises. Looks like comics come to life.

That said, movie was a solid 7 I think. Roughly Homecoming quality.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
That one Mysterio scene in the middle with all the crazy illusions was one of the coolest sequences in the whole MCU. Overall movie was good but I really didnt like the twist part and felt the motivations/ bad guy plan were kind of dumb.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I saw this also two days ago. I liked it. Definitely higher tier MCU movie, maybe around top 10-12. Mysterio was awesome. I was truly hoping he would turn into a good guy at the end so that we could see more of him. Jake killed it. He was so good as a friend and mentor to spiderman, and I bought it when he said "this is something I should have done last time" when it looked like he sacrificed himself to kill that elemental. But of course we all knew he was a bad guy.

I don't know though. I kind of wish there was more of a morose and sullen tone at least for some of the movie to mourn the loss of Iron Man. Maybe that will come in a later movie. I mean of course they acknowledge that Iron Man died, but I just wish there had been a true sense of loss. The Iron Man art everywhere was nice. I enjoy that opening sequence of Justice League where you can tell the world is really sad about Superman being dead.

Interesting end credit scenes. Yikes!

The teachers were amazing. Took me a while to recognize Gilfoyle. And the black guy I recognize from "We Bought a Zoo" but I don't know what else he was in. Really great though. Other supporting where fine, but MJ they are trying too hard to make her unique or whatever.

I know they said the "peter tingle" wasn't working great, but it drives me nuts how they introduce this skill he has where he can see everything in slow motion so no way he could ever get punched or hit by anything, but... then he gets hit by everything.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I know they said the "peter tingle" wasn't working great, but it drives me nuts how they introduce this skill he has where he can see everything in slow motion so no way he could ever get punched or hit by anything, but... then he gets hit by everything.

To be fair that’s never how the spidey sense worked. He’s got a 6th sense awareness of danger, but he necessarily has to be in a state capable of immediate response, which isn’t always possible.

That said, there was clearly something interfering with it during some of the movie, basically up until near the end. He clearly had it for the last skywalk fight sequence, or he’d have gotten brained by Mysterio.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Just came back from seeing this. Mid to low tier for me. The movie had horrible pacing. Especially in the first half, way too much school stuff that didn’t serve any purpose. I hated both teachers, not even fun as comic relief. Mysterio was great, I enjoyed his arc. Spider-Man vs drones dragged for too long and wasn’t as interesting as fighting a super villain would have been.

I like the setup in thee post credit scenes for Spider-Man in the first one and for ththe MCU in général in the second one.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
The first half of the movie really was loaded with a lot of high school stuff, but at least it was entertaining high school stuff, so I'm not inclined to complain. The shit with Ned and Betty was great.

I also liked that Peter got to do his science nerd thing a bit with designing his suit for the final sequence. Also a nice touch that Peter's moment of growth is accompanied by him stepping out from using any of his Tony-designed suits, to using the first proper suit designed by himself.

Mysterio was great. I know we're only two movies in, but Spider-Man is really nailing it with its villains. Considering that a lot of MCU villains are functional antagonists and little more, it's nice to see that one of the franchises looks to be establishing a pattern for good villains.

Oh, and That Scene. Some straight-up Arkham Asylum Scarecrow shit. That was amazingly done.

And Jameson. Nice work getting JK Simmons back for him. That was great.

• 2Like

Brad2770

This movie has confirmed that Tony is the real bad guy, as confirmed in Iron-man 1.

The tech used twice against him in Iron-man. Used against him in Iron-man 2 and 3. Then we have Age of Ultron. And now in this.

Thanos needed to snap Tony.

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?

spronk

FPS noob
  • 2Like

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Saw it yesterday. Really liked that they brought Simmons back in for JJ. Every time I see him a State Farm commercial that's the first thing I think, no one will fill that role batter then him.

Mysterio was great and I'm glad he got one final FU in on Spiderman. It will be interesting to see how that pans out in the next film.

I agree with someone else how they've done a great job with the villains and are using ones that haven't been done before. I'm really hopeful for a Sinister 6 movie at some point. Before I was worried how just Tom Hollands Spiderman could take them all on but now that he has EDITH (love that name also) I think he could and it could end up being pretty great.

Overall a good movie, I think I liked Homecoming more, but only a little. a solid 8/10.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
If 'Spider-Man: Far From Home' Doesn't Make a Billion Dollars, Sony Breaks Free of the Marvel Studios Deal

its gonna break a billion so Spidey3 is still gonna be in MCU hands. Interesting too that Tom Holland's contract is for 3 mainline spidey movies and 3 other MCU movies, Spidey3 will fulfill all of that I think - Civil War, Infinity War, EndGame. Hope he gets a contract reup and big bux for more stuff, he should definitely be making cameos in next phase.
I hope Sony play ball with this, enjoyed Spiderman in these movies so far after not really giving a shit in the previous versions.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I have to admit, I would love to see them do a Holland SpiderVerse movie, including all the animated ones from the Miles Morales one, and the previous cinematic universe Spideys. It would either be glorious or an utter shitshow and I'd watch either.

spronk

FPS noob
art for UHD steelbooks, US and intl

66392475-2378264849102027-6510780381870948352-n.jpg