Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The way I see it I dont think they traveled though time, in the way Avengers did, they just came from whatever time it was in their parallel universe to whatever time it was in Miles' universe.

I dont really count Noir Spiderman coming to present day from the past and Asian Spiderwoman went back. They werent going back or forward in time in their own universes, just from their present day into the present day for Miles' universe.

How the fuck does that garbled nonsense answer Deathwing's question about why she spent a week in the Ultimate universe not contacting the existing spiderman?

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Cause he was dead before she got there, chief.

Chris Pine is the actor who voiced the one and only Spider Man Peter Parker, the one from the beginning? Ya, he died. Thats why they had a funeral.

Spider-Gwen didnt travel through time. She travelled to another universe, and didnt get to pick when and where.

Last edited:

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Cause he was dead before she got there, chief.

Chris Pine is the actor who voiced the one and only Spider Man Peter Parker, the one from the beginning? Ya, he died. Thats why they had a funeral.

Spider-Gwen didnt travel through time. She travelled to another universe, and didnt get to pick when and where.

...did you even watch the fucking movie? She was thrown a week back in time from the collider incident.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The way I see it I dont think they traveled though time, in the way Avengers did, they just came from whatever time it was in their parallel universe to whatever time it was in Miles' universe.

I dont really count Noir Spiderman coming to present day from the past and Asian Spiderwoman went back. They werent going back or forward in time in their own universes, just from their present day into the present day for Miles' universe.
That's exactly how I perceived it. They never mentioned "Time Travel" at all during the movie, but did talk about multiple realities. So they just jumped from their normal reality to the Miles one.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
How the fuck does that garbled nonsense answer Deathwing's question about why she spent a week in the Ultimate universe not contacting the existing spiderman?
Her reality was probably REALLY close to the Miles reality. And hell, maybe she didn't even realize it at first. Or maybe it's just a fucking cartoon and things don't have to always make sense. Just enjoy it and continue on with your life.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Her reality was probably REALLY close to the Miles reality. And hell, maybe she didn't even realize it at first. Or maybe it's just a fucking cartoon and things don't have to always make sense. Just enjoy it and continue on with your life.

The movie was amazing. Doesn't change the fact that her behavior after getting thrown back in time a week when she crossed universes is actually a pretty major plot hole.

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Good job.
I wanted to go watch the scene again, just to see what I was missing. She says she was "blown into last week," and shows her trail leaving the explosion at the same time as Peter B. Parker. Then shows her on a rooftop during the day, with Spiderman still on the news.

So while you were right, youre still a cunt.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I wanted to go watch the scene again, just to see what I was missing. She says she was "blown into last week," and shows her trail leaving the explosion at the same time as Peter B. Parker. Then shows her on a rooftop during the day, with Spiderman still on the news.

So while you were right, youre still a cunt.

Man I wonder if she was repeatedly shown as already being in the Ultimates universe before the collider incident or something.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Man I wonder if she was repeatedly shown as already being in the Ultimates universe before the collider incident or something.

Here's what the filmmakers had to say on it

If Gwen Stacy came into Miles’ world with everyone else, how was she there days earlier?
Into the Spider-Verse makes it quite clear that all the alternate Spider-Beings are brought into Miles’ world when Kingpin’s contraption brings them in. But, Miles meets Gwen Stacy before that. How is that possible? Well, the movie actually covers it, but maybe you missed it like we did.

“In her retelling of her arrival there’s a moment where we do this time lapse thing where she’s in Times Square and she says I got blown into last week,” co-director Bob Persichetti told io9. “And we go ‘Time lapse, time lapse, time lapse’ and she lands on that rooftop and then she goes ‘Literally.’”

So, somehow, Gwen, literally got blown into last week which adds even more meaning to her first interaction with Miles.

“The first thing she hears Miles say in the movie is, the teacher says he’s late and he says, ‘Einstein says time is relative, maybe you just got here early,’” co-director Rodney Rothman said. “So we tried to like play into that a little bit.”

This wasn’t always the case though, as the movie, at one point dealt with the question directly. “At one point we had him call her out like ‘Wait a minute,” Persichetti said. “That felt to cheaty.”

So at one point, Miles did ask the question, but they cut it and just let it be.

Couchy

Molten Core Raider

Ya bro, I got it. You won. Ive only seen the movie once, when it was out in theaters. Sorry i forgot about a minor plot point that had no significance past the first 30 minutes of the movie. I wasnt paying as much attention as I thought. Thats why I said the phrase 'I think' several times. Thankfully we got you, The Abrasive Spider-Cunt, to set me straight.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ya bro, I got it. You won. Ive only seen the movie once, when it was out in theaters. Sorry i forgot about a minor plot point that had no significance past the first 30 minutes of the movie. I wasnt paying as much attention as I thought. Thats why I said the phrase 'I think' several times. Thankfully we got you, The Abrasive Spider-Cunt, to set me straight.

You're welcome. Also I wouldn't be such an abrasive spider-cunt if it wasn't so obviously getting under your skin.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the actual INTERESTING thing about the weird time travel stuff with gwen... there's a deleted scene with an australian spider-man. his entire point of being is to give the audience a sense of urgency as living outside of your own universe destabilizes you. he showed up early as well and then basically goes into cardiac arrest and dies in front of the other spider-people. they said they cut it because it was pretty violent and shocking for a kids' movie and it didn't REALLY add anything since the movie doesn't suffer from lack of drive.

but yeah, gwen should have been about to die as well

Bonch

Golden Knight of the Realm
I watched this again last night, maybe for the third time. The more I watch it, the more I become convinced that this movie might be upper tier for all movies. It remains flawless for me.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I watched this again last night, maybe for the third time. The more I watch it, the more I become convinced that this movie might be upper tier for all movies. It remains flawless for me.

I've seen the movie start to finish over a dozen times since my son and daughter loved watching it and there isn't a single time that I was bored, despite knowing exactly what is happening. In fact, nearly every time I pick up on something new. It is probably the best Marvel movie ever released. Seriously.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users