Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just heard that they are now having casting calls for the sequel. That rules. Good job Sony for not sitting on it too long.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally saw it and enjoyed it. I wasn't blown away and in the beginning I wasn't really loving it. By the end though it won me over.
Of all the characters in it I especially enjoyed Mile's Dad. Any good Father/Son Father/Daughter character development usually goes over really well with me. I thought they did a great job with it.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally saw it and enjoyed it. I wasn't blown away and in the beginning I wasn't really loving it. By the end though it won me over.
Of all the characters in it I especially enjoyed Mile's Dad. Any good Father/Son Father/Daughter character development usually goes over really well with me. I thought they did a great job with it.

yeah, i didn't think much of it at the time, but in retrospect, his dad REALLY tried to have a good relationship with him. yeah, he had some classic dad nonsense that all dad's do, and all sons hate, but there was some really great moments between the two. it's incredibly refreshing for something out of hollywood to show healthy family dynamics, and not just show the dad as a bumbling, but lovable anyway oaf

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
This movie was the shit and I’m mad I didn’t go see it in theatres. Really well done.

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just bought the 3D bluray on ebay. Some guy was selling the Italian release for $34 + $3 shipping. Expensive, but damnit... I wanted 3D! Fucking US & UK aren't offering 3D, but the Italian one plays on the US players. So there's that. I'll just put the 3D disc inside of the standard 4k disc case.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
This movie was amazing. I'm a huge dork and was thoroughly entertained just watching six spider-dudes swinging around. Everything else was icing on the well constructed cake!

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Great concept with exceptional execution. Wonderful animations, really stoked they’re making another one

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Nic Cage as essentially Gaslight Batman was one of my favorite aspects. His lines were perfectly melancholy and a nice contrast to the colorful nature of the film.

• 1Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just bought the 3D bluray on ebay. Some guy was selling the Italian release for $34 + $3 shipping. Expensive, but damnit... I wanted 3D! Fucking US & UK aren't offering 3D, but the Italian one plays on the US players. So there's that. I'll just put the 3D disc inside of the standard 4k disc case.
So the 3D version came in the mail today from that ebay guy. It plays perfectly on my US 4k / 3D player. Everything about the disc looks like it's a north american release, with the exception that the words printed on the disc (before I put it in the player) are in Italian. All of the menus and shit are in English, though. Here's the link in case anyone wants the 3D version also.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Bluray only has 2 regions and most modern players ignore those restrictions, while 4K has no region restrictions, and Disney tends to include a dozen languages on their discs, so your menus and language likely defaulted to English. My 4K copy of Infinity War is a UK edition.

Got this on 4K streaming - full 4K (2160p) with Dolby Atmos, not the pretend 4K streaming BS you can get with some 4K stream copies (2K upscale copies of 4K renders). Happens on some 4K discs, too, the copy is a 2K remaster of a 4K copy because they wanted to use the cheaper disc. Fuckin stupid. /tangent

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
No point in repeating what everyone else, so, yeah, what they said. Give me fucking more.

This is the longest I've ever seen my 5yo sit still for something that didn't involve Roblox or Youtube. My wife got bored and left the living room after 20 minutes. Is "bad taste in movies" a reason for divorce?

Nitpicks:
Upon repeat viewings, my brain can't unsee them slinging to buildings that didn't exist.
Why didn't Spidergwen contact Chris Pine Spiderman? Time travel never works in movies.
Aunt May called Doc Ock "Liv"...

The soundtrack really grows on you. The song + end credits is more entertaining than parts of the movie.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally got around to watching this, and I'll just echo what everyone else has been saying in that the movie was great.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Watched this on my flight to Europe. Really wish I watched it in theaters. Fantastic all around. Funny, dope animations, great voice acting. Will watch the sequel.

Couchy

Molten Core Raider
Nitpicks:
Why didn't Spidergwen contact Chris Pine Spiderman? Time travel never works in movies

The way I see it I dont think they traveled though time, in the way Avengers did, they just came from whatever time it was in their parallel universe to whatever time it was in Miles' universe.

I dont really count Noir Spiderman coming to present day from the past and Asian Spiderwoman went back. They werent going back or forward in time in their own universes, just from their present day into the present day for Miles' universe.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users