Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Da fuc?

Emo goth Cate Blanchett is delicious
emo goth cate.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Here's the entire sound track from the movie (based on closing credits music acknowledgements.

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
This was the most comicbook like movie since the first sin city. Amazing, I'd agree, best movie of the year this year.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
absolutely fantastic. the way they pulled from all the comics, prior movies, and TV was awesome. This movie was completely engaging the entire time, no down time at all. Will see again for sure before its out of the theaters.

Continuing...I can't think of a wasted character in the entire thing, with possibly the exception of Miles' mom, but they never really set her up to be anything from the get go, it was always his dad he was closer too. And the risk they had of overplaying their hand with all the different Spidey's could have made this thing go off the rails, and they just nailed it with every one of them. I thought I wanted tons of Spider Ham going into this, and at the end was glad he ended up being one of the less used. A little went a long way with both him and Peni Parker.
Both Spider Gwen and Noir were perfect, especially the art style for Noir.
Just an awesome experience from start to finish, including the lol end credit scene.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I was watching it, and ever time Noir spoke, I was like "That sounds like Nick Cage!" And when I read the credits, it actually was him. Awesome.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
It's "Amazing."

Seriously...

The animation is beautiful. New York is as much a character as anyone else in the film. It is wonderfully written. It is both an extraordinarily complex plot ( but it plays out in a seamless linear fashion). Yes, it is diverse, but not in a forced and contrived way that "Homecoming" was. I plan to see it at least another time in the theater (but I am sure I will watch it many more times when it lands on cable, TV, Netflix, etc. It has the potential to be as repeat watchable as "The Fifth Element). It is fresh, funny, vibrant, rich, heartwarming and absolutely BRILLIANT.

I was not a huge fan of Infinity War. But I am all in for this film. It has unbelievable depth and soul (as well as fan service).

It's just a delicious film.

• 1EyeRoll

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
It's "Amazing."

Seriously...

The animation is beautiful. New York is as much a character as anyone else in the film. It is wonderfully written. It is both an extraordinarily complex plot ( but it plays out in a seamless linear fashion). Yes, it is diverse, but not in a forced and contrived way that "Homecoming" was. I plan to see it at least another time in the theater (but I am sure I will watch it many more times when it lands on cable, TV, Netflix, etc. It has the potential to be as repeat watchable as "The Fifth Element). It is fresh, funny, vibrant, rich, heartwarming and absolutely BRILLIANT.

I was not a huge fan of Infinity War. But I am all in for this film. It has unbelievable depth and soul (as well as fan service).

confirmed homer.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tananthalas

<Gold Donor>
Just saw it this evening. The film was amazing. I highly encourage anyone reading to go see it. Well worth a ticket price and then some. Goes in my top three of Spider-Man movies with Raimi's Spiderman 2 and Homecoming.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Film definitely surpassed my expectation and they were already pretty high for it. Easily one of the best looking animated films ever, especially the design of the final confrontation. Soundtrack was on point and it was great seeing the giant Clone High advertisement as a nod to their older work. I'd take a whole Marvel universe done in their art and animation style.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
This was really fucking good. I'm shocked Sony didn't fuck it up in some way.

It scratched every itch for me. Me and my comic-nerd friend that I watched it with talked about it for an hour straight after we walked out.

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just saw it. Fantastic movie. You can tell then went all in with the effort in the animation and comic book style. Other spiderfolks were just as awesome. Especially the post credit scene.... LOL

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's "Amazing."

Seriously...

The ending stinger nearly killed me. I am not pointing you are pointing!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I thought the movie was great and the animation look was awesome. The thing that really bothered me was the fps the movie was shot in. I know what they were going for but it felt like playing a PC game and getting shitty framerate in some spots.

It is a very jarring thing at first, I also thought It was running on a bad PC. When you get used to it, however, you realize that it is primarily for the purpose of replicating the comic book style as you are more obviously looking at a series of stills rather than a truly fluid image. The true payoff is towards the end when there is so much going on visually that its almost sensory overload, except the stochastic pause actually gives your brain a chance to catch-up and take in the full image.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Absolutely loved the visual style. Hands down best visual recreation of a comic book style in a movie that I've ever seen.

And as someone who often bitches at forced diversity in superhero movies.... not one second of diversity in this movie felt forced. Really, really well done.

This goes solidly into top tier Marvel movies for me.

• 1Solidarity