Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
WTF this actually looks good. Strange fucking with time seems way out of character. Would be cool if they tie in with Kang dying in Loki and the spell being cast at the same time from Strange.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I haven't seen shit on the Flash movie, and the level to which I have no faith in anybody involved with it indicates to me a high degree of probability they're going to do irreparable damage to the IP. Which sucks as I'm running out of favorite comics for them to destroy. Top three superheros when I was growing up were Spiderman, Green Lantern, and Flash.... take that as you will. heh
mine was Spiderman, Batman and Archie. yeah i know.

Xerge

<Donor>
I haven't seen shit on the Flash movie, and the level to which I have no faith in anybody involved with it indicates to me a high degree of probability they're going to do irreparable damage to the IP. Which sucks as I'm running out of favorite comics for them to destroy. Top three superheros when I was growing up were Spiderman, Green Lantern, and Flash.... take that as you will. heh
Both Marvel and DC are opening the multiverse can of worms with their respective young hero. Parker wants to fix his identity crisis, Barry Allen wants his mom back, both heroes bring in alternate versions of them selves or something similar. In DC's case we're getting multiple batmen and a TV Flash cameo. In Marvel it will be the various spidermen so far.

Fadaar

That guy
Not gonna lie this is the first Marvel movie I can legit say I'm looking forward to since Infinity War. Yeah Endgame was great but we all knew how that movie was going to go.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Im stoked but agree thats a bad way to create the multiverse

Well, I can see how they explain this... They aren't "creating" the multiverse, they're just peeling back a layer to expose it ala Jack Kirby. The multiverse as a concept existed, but Kang was acting as a kind of regulator keeping things on a path he was in effect choosing. His death unhinges that and then re-opens the natural order of things which would be the existence of the multiverse. That's pretty easy/peasy. As time and causality chaining are tied to variants in the multiverse (established in Loki, backed up in What If...?) Strange tinkering with time (which isn't actually THAT out of character for him as his downfall has always been having such a grand ego he underestimates consequences) makes some level of sense....

And in the past at one point in the comics I seem to remember Peter having Dr Strange do exactly this to make everybody forget his identity.... Although I don't think that version involved any multiversal hijinks.

My bet is from the line "I keep failing over and over" or something like that makes me think he's going to have to "tie together" the web of spider men. Effectively merging the Garfield and Maguire universes in with his. Probably because then they can re-use the best villains they had all the while playing it off as "all spidermen merge into the current one". This also opens up for a Tom Holland cameo in the next Miles Morales animated movie.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, I can see how they explain this... They aren't "creating" the multiverse, they're just peeling back a layer to expose it ala Jack Kirby. The multiverse as a concept existed, but Kang was acting as a kind of regulator keeping things on a path he was in effect choosing. His death unhinges that and then re-opens the natural order of things which would be the existence of the multiverse. That's pretty easy/peasy. As time and causality chaining are tied to variants in the multiverse (established in Loki, backed up in What If...?) Strange tinkering with time (which isn't actually THAT out of character for him as his downfall has always been having such a grand ego he underestimates consequences) makes some level of sense....

And in the past at one point in the comics I seem to remember Peter having Dr Strange do exactly this to make everybody forget his identity.... Although I don't think that version involved any multiversal hijinks.

My bet is from the line "I keep failing over and over" or something like that makes me think he's going to have to "tie together" the web of spider men. Effectively merging the Garfield and Maguire universes in with his. Probably because then they can re-use the best villains they had all the while playing it off as "all spidermen merge into the current one". This also opens up for a Tom Holland cameo in the next Miles Morales animated movie.
They didnt touch on it a ton in the "spiderman into the spider verse" or whatever but Kingpin trying to save his family just flowed better it feels like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I keep seeing people say it's out of character for Strange to fuck with the multiverse, but it seems pretty obvious that he already knows the outcome. Why he's doing it, i'm sure we'll find out but he knows it's supposed to happen.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I keep seeing people say it's out of character for Strange to fuck with the multiverse, but it seems pretty obvious that he already knows the outcome. Why he's doing it, i'm sure we'll find out but he knows it's supposed to happen.
Variant Strange.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
It looks super cool, very excited to see this.

I agree Strange's tampering seems out of character (though he's also known to be on the experimental side of magic, and as he grew into his role as Sorcerer Supreme it's possible he also slipped back into his bad habit of showing off and trying stuff no one does as he did as a surgeon). However it is possible that he knows this must happen, as he did in Endgame.

But even if it's all just a dumb mistake, if it means bringing back the cool villains from the previous incarnations, I think it's worth it.

• 1Like

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm

Didn't catch the "I keep failing over & over" line - when is it in the trailer?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't catch the "I keep failing over & over" line - when is it in the trailer?
Peter Parker takes a side job as a junior apprentice content developer for Pantheon in this movie. It’s just implied by that.

• 1Worf

Juvarisx

Florida
Is he? He looked very uncanny valley to me.

Its him, William Dafoe and Jamie Foxx are in this as well, and it wouldn't shock me to see Jake Gyllenhaal back as a variant Mysterio who maybe has real powers instead of a drone fleet. My hope is they do Sinister Six #2 since they have introduced all of them in the Toby, Garfield, Holland verse already (Mysterio, Doc Ock, Electro, Vulture, Sandman and change Hobgoblin to Green Goblin)

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Xerge

<Donor>
Does Strange know though? The way he's talking the events of loki have not rippled out yet which leads me to believe he is being Steve here, the cocky doctor who show's off. I mean, Parker even called him that. I could see this film having end credit scenes involving the marvel tv shows or the multiverse of madness tie in. Maybe they'll go a similar route to DC and merge the multiverse at the end of this marvel phase.

Fun stuff.

Edit: Will the other spidermen be variants?

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Looks good.
I am amazed at the balls Disney/Marvel has to invest billions into this multiverse angle.
This could have gone off the rails very easily but they are finding a way to tie it all together.
So many movies & shows dedicated to explaining it & showing it.
And all developed/releasing at around the same time so they have no evidence it would actually work or pique people's interest.
Really ballsy imo.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
1629817061007.png