Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I decided to watch all of the extras from this movie. While they were entertaining, it's so... fake. Every scene are people relating everyone around. I guess that's why they're actors. Constant felating whoever is close to you.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I decided to watch all of the extras from this movie. While they were entertaining, it's so... fake. Every scene are people relating everyone around. I guess that's why they're actors. Constant felating whoever is close to you.
oh god dude. did you just notice this now? for as long as people have been giving interviews in history people have been kissing the asses of their coworkers. you will only hear something negative about someone if its been allowed.

interviews in 2016
"oh i met Harvey Weinstein and he has a great vision about my role in this film, its men like Harvey that made cinema great, what a wonderful man"

interviews in 2018
"Harvey Weinstein was the most disgusting man i ever met, all he wanted to was get me alone, he said he just wanted a back rub, but i saw his goblin cock and i ran away" "yes i know i got the role, but i swear i totally ran away and didnt choke down that gobbo dick with glee"

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was great fun once it got going but the setup was terrible, they really made Dr Strange a fucking idiot. Peter isn't the one who fucked up that spell, Strange is. And why didn't he suggest the incredibly obvious 'Make everyone forget about Mysterio' option, and the only answer to that is a Pitch Meetings style "so the movie can happen!". Killing May was weak too, especially with the cheap initial fakeout of 'oh she isnt hurt that bad'. Maybe if they'd been ballsy enough to have him actually murder Osborne but we all knew that wasn't going to happen so that last bit had no real stakes.

Also if the initial spell affected the entire multiverse then wouldn't the new spell have to also affect the entire multiverse in order to cancel out the other one? So everyone on every single Earth who knew that Peter Parker was Spiderman forgot, not just Earth-616. Are the Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales universes affected too, or does the spell only affect universes with a Peter Parker Spiderman?

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
It was great fun once it got going but the setup was terrible, they really made Dr Strange a fucking idiot. Peter isn't the one who fucked up that spell, Strange is. And why didn't he suggest the incredibly obvious 'Make everyone forget about Mysterio' option, and the only answer to that is a Pitch Meetings style "so the movie can happen!". Killing May was weak too, especially with the cheap initial fakeout of 'oh she isnt hurt that bad'. Maybe if they'd been ballsy enough to have him actually murder Osborne but we all knew that wasn't going to happen so that last bit had no real stakes.

Also if the initial spell affected the entire multiverse then wouldn't the new spell have to also affect the entire multiverse in order to cancel out the other one? So everyone on every single Earth who knew that Peter Parker was Spiderman forgot, not just Earth-616. Are the Spider-Gwen and Miles Morales universes affected too, or does the spell only affect universes with a Peter Parker Spiderman?

The Simpsons GIF

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
My only problem with killing off Aunt May:

If her death is meant to be analogous to the death of Uncle Ben in the original story, then this isn't the way you do it.

She dies as a result of Spider-Man keeping the Green Goblin in the MCU so he can restore his sanity. So an act of selflessness is what gets Peter's parental figure murdered in this reality, rather than an act of selfishness which it has typically been in every other incarnation of the character.

Maybe if Peter had found there was no results on negating the Goblin formula and decided to give up, thinking Osborne was a lost cause, that would have made more sense.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

It wasn't forget that Peter Parker was spiderman, it was just forget Peter Parker at all. Don't see why it would affect Peter Parker Spidermen.

Also don't see why Strange couldn't make just Holland be what everyone forgets. The first spell was all fucked up so it's not a plothole to for the 2nd spell done correctly worked a lot differently.

As for Mysterio, I'm not sure if erasing their memory of him would also erase everyone knowing he's Spiderman, or if they'e still know but wouldn't be able to remember why.

But even if it did, why would they go such an indrect route by forgetting Mysterio to hopefully forget Peter? They didn't know how bad the spell was going to end up so there was no reason to look for alternatives.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It wasn't forget that Peter Parker was spiderman, it was just forget Peter Parker at all. Don't see why it would affect Peter Parker Spidermen.

Also don't see why Strange couldn't make just Holland be what everyone forgets. The first spell was all fucked up so it's not a plothole to for the 2nd spell done correctly worked a lot differently.

As for Mysterio, I'm not sure if erasing their memory of him would also erase everyone knowing he's Spiderman, or if they'e still know but wouldn't be able to remember why.

But even if it did, why would they go such an indrect route by forgetting Mysterio to hopefully forget Peter? They didn't know how bad the spell was going to end up so there was no reason to look for alternatives.
the real problem is at just how glib the whole interaction was, it was much like somebody walking into a deli and ordering a sammich and then just changing the order as the sammich is being made. this wasnt that, it was a major spell with a whole host of world changing ramifications including something Strange should have mentioned about Peter's role in the Avengers. thats a big fucking problem if there is another big bad and they cant reach Spidey for an assist, there is also the matter of Peter being the heir to Stark tech and now he cant access all that. Strange should have had a sit down discussion and brought up these points and found an alternative. something stupid simple like Mysterio's peter parker video never existing in the first place and then its all back to normal.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
the real problem is at just how glib the whole interaction was, it was much like somebody walking into a deli and ordering a sammich and then just changing the order as the sammich is being made. this wasnt that, it was a major spell with a whole host of world changing ramifications including something Strange should have mentioned about Peter's role in the Avengers. thats a big fucking problem if there is another big bad and they cant reach Spidey for an assist, there is also the matter of Peter being the heir to Stark tech and now he cant access all that. Strange should have had a sit down discussion and brought up these points and found an alternative. something stupid simple like Mysterio's peter parker video never existing in the first place and then its all back to normal.

I'm sure Strange would still have remembered and I don't know if any other Avengers knew or even cared about Parker being Spiderman.

Captain Marvel and Nick Fury are the only ones I can think of.

Last edited:

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Even on the initial viewing, the "couldn't they have had a conversation about this before starting the spell?" and "Dr. Strange is kinda being an idiot/asshole" vibes were strong. Most movies wouldn't be made if a character didn't make a stupid decision along the way, so I can kinda handwave it to an extent, but it's going to bother me every time I watch it.

Still a great movie, don't get me wrong, but I feel like there had to be a better setup that didn't involve 2 of the smartest characters being idiots.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Even on the initial viewing, the "couldn't they have had a conversation about this before starting the spell?" and "Dr. Strange is kinda being an idiot/asshole" vibes were strong. Most movies wouldn't be made if a character didn't make a stupid decision along the way, so I can kinda handwave it to an extent, but it's going to bother me every time I watch it.

Still a great movie, don't get me wrong, but I feel like there had to be a better setup that didn't involve 2 of the smartest characters being idiots.

Which is weird because they mentioned it, but only from Spiderman's point of view where he was a dumb kid who didn't even think to talk to the school first.

So it's like they knew they should address it, but then didn't with the person who actually should know better.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't get why this movie was so highly recommended. So cringey

Because people are attached to the brand. Marvel movies have been the same recycled shit since long before the first series wrap up but people clamor for them because its the Marvel brand.

spronk

FPS noob
it had a new gimmick, bringing together spideys from 20 years of movies. that was cool. Not just the spideys either, but the villains from those movies was a "man, how did they all agree to do that" moment. it won't be as cool when everyone does it over the next few years, and in 20-30 years we'll see Robert Downey Jr and Chris Evans play old man Iron Man and Cap fighting zombie Thanos.

if you didn't see the toby mcguire spidey movies and thought they were were the height of cinema back in the early 2000s then yeah i imagine this won't seem as interesting

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user