Spider-Man

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
This game is just as much fun for me as GoW was.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Five year old is impressing me as he's starting to figure out many of the puzzles on his own. But every time I look over, he's just flying through the city jumping and giggling, so that's good enough for me. :)

It's been said before, but they REALLY nailed the shit outta the movement for Spiderman. NAILED IT.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Swinging isn't as clean as I expected it to be, and relies on there actually being a building to attach to - you can only burst yourself up when jumping across a large open area, and it takes a minute to get used to the buttons. Honestly, it's a bit of work to do, even if it is just two buttons.

Fighting is definitely very different from Arkham, but similar in a lot of ways. Button combos are different, timing is completely different (a lot more twitchy), and there wasn't really any aerial combos or environment interaction in Arkham. Spam of webbing feels like batarangs, but different. It's so different overall, it feels clunky to me right now, but it's really just my lack of muscle memory with the different controls, combos and skillset. There's the scanner, but stealth, analyzing a situation, and pulling out enemies one at a time isn't so much a thing as it is an initiator.

Lastly, I unapologetically played Arkham with mouse/kb, so obviously controls are gonna feel fucked up for me until I can get a hand on the controller aspect. I'm sure I'll sit down tomorrow and start really beating bitches asses.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I’m level 36 now, still enjoying it.

I did everything on the maps except for catching pigeons, way too frustrating for me.

The main story and the side quests are pretty good for the most part. Lots of stuff for comic book fans.

I’m not a fan of the sequences using other characters, the fun of the game is being Spider-Man so not being him is kinda boring, thankfully the segments are usually short and not too bad to be honest, except that you’re not Spider-Man.

I do like how they unlock map activities over time rather than have everything up all at once. I clear everyhting than I do the story until something unlocks than clear that, go back to story and so on. Makes the whole open world grind less annoying, and looking less overwhelming.

Now I have to go back to work Tomorow and only play a little during evening rather than all day. :)

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I actually enjoyed catching the pigeons, the swinging is probably the most fun content and it makes you weave a lot to catch them. (Plus there's only 12 or so).

The content I don't really like is the challenge missions, they're pretty samey and actually pretty tough if you want to S rank all of them.

I don't dig MJ or playing as MJ, I hate it when forced stealth is tacked on. It's fine as Spider-Man because you're more of a predator in your stealth sections (ala Arkham), but playing as MJ just bores me and they must know that because they put an auto-save every few seconds so you can mess up relentlessly and not get punished for it.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah swinging around is super fun, but the pigeons are giving me a hard time, like the Drone Challenge...it's the swinging in a specific path that I don't do well, keep missing a turn, or hitting a building, etc...it was frustrating. I might do it at the end, but didn't want to frustrate myself doing a side activity while I was having so much fun with the rest. I did do the drones though, mostly skipped getting the blue bubbles and just went to the end. :)

The challenges were ok, the combat and stealth I got the silver result on each without even having to retry. The bombs and drones I only got bronze. Not really going to redo any, unless I miss currency to unlock some stuff I want.

Yeah, I don't like MJ either. I don't like the character model, or her personality, and I don't like her as an Investigative reporter.

I do like their interpretation of the other characters though.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Miles is my favorite to this point. I do not mind MJ, but there are too many forced stealth encounters cropping up later in the main quests.

Swinging for me is easy. I am not having any problems navigating and I can catch birds very quickly. Thing is though I am also using a lot of differemt methods for swinging including some key launches when I get in trouble mid air. But I have been skimming the ground a lot, and also practicing turning through very narrow building alleys. I do not get stuck much.

Can't wait to play more tonight.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Fuck it, bought the game and am having a great time. I'm about halfway through Act 2, and still have a ton of stuff to do - like most reviewers said, the side content is mostly mediocre (those taksmaster missions in particular are so hard to get gold on I just settle for silver/bronze most of the time), but the main story stuff is really great. Swinging is really great, and the graphics/world look really good. Need to finish it before making comparisons to other PS first party games (GOW, HZD etc) but so far it's up there with those. Looking forward to getting home later and digging into the main missions more

• 1Like

Vorph

Yeah, I'm not sure what's going on with those Taskmaster challenges. I've done almost everything on the first try, including stuff like the pigeons which I found really easy, but I've yet to get a single gold rank. Although, I'm not sure how many tokens you need in total; if it's less than (# of Taskmaster missions) * 3 then I really don't care and will never bother trying to get more than silver on them.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I've said before that I don't like open world games over-relying on collectables to pad things out, but I will say that if you are going to do collectables, the backpacks are the way to do it. The fact that each one has its own little snippet of story makes me actually enjoy finding a new one, and does just enough to elevate it above mindless busywork in my mind.

So far, my only real critique is that combat needed a quick-gadget system like Arkham, rather than needing to go into the gadget selection wheel to swap (so, R1 for webs, R1+Square for heavy webs, R1+Triangle for web bombs, something like that). I've had multiple occasions where I've blown through my supply of a gadget because I had equipped it to use once or twice, then later in the fight forgot I didn't have the regular webshooters equipped and spammed R1.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I've said before that I don't like open world games over-relying on collectables to pad things out, but I will say that if you are going to do collectables, the backpacks are the way to do it. The fact that each one has its own little snippet of story makes me actually enjoy finding a new one, and does just enough to elevate it above mindless busywork in my mind.

I'm with you, never enjoyed collectables as filler, and the backpacks were fun to hear the comment about each of them. The thing Spider-Man has over a few open world games is that most activities have about 10-15 things to do only, so you're done just as you're getting bored of them. Also the map is fairly small, and can be traveled through pretty quickly.

Assassin's Creed Origins for example had way too many things to collect or go to in my opinion, and the map was huge, and everything was so time consuming that it became frustrating and a chore.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm unlikely to ever buy a console again, but I watched Shroud play this for a while last night and the game looks awesome. Roping around the city looks so smooth

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I'm unlikely to ever buy a console again, but I watched Shroud play this for a while last night and the game looks awesome. Roping around the city looks so smooth

You should buy a PS4. Really. You should.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Finally decided to start my own game last night after helping my 5 year old a few times with his. Shit's so legit. Love it!

Took me a minute to figure out how you guys were doing no quests, and just Spider-man'ing around the city fighting crime, and then I did a couple more missions and got the radars up and it was all clear to me. The backpacks, are awesome, and I'm a lists guy. Wife wants something done, make me a list, so having the district lists of things to unlock/do is really cool for me too. Wish it'd keep a "played" timer like HZD does for the saves. Would love to see how much time I end up putting into it.

Crone

How bad does the 30fps hurt the webslinging?
I play on a normal PS4, no fancy Pro, and I haven't noticed anything wrong. Looks great. HDR kicks on when I run the game. It's pretty.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
How bad does the 30fps hurt the webslinging?
It may be 30fps, but it seems to be a pretty solid one. I haven't noticed any fps dips in my time playing, regardless of what's going on. Hasn't caused any issues while webslinging.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fedor

<Banned>
Spider-Man PS4 Marriage Easter Egg Has a Depressing Outcome

Fans exploring the digital version of Manhattan on Marvel's Spider-Man for Playstation 4 might have found a heartwarming Easter egg in the form of a marriage proposal, written in the marquee of a movie theater.

"The thing that sucks about this Easter egg is the date that I'm making this video now, three, four weeks ago, my girlfriend dumped me to go with my brother. Basically throwing away the five years that we had together and spitting in my face basically, saying this isn't even the way she wanted to be proposed to, and left me. This might go down in history as the saddest Easter egg. Maybe, I don't know."

• 1WTF

Cybsled

If you have a girl who can't appreciate that type of thing, then it is probably for the best. Plus, if she left to go with the brother, you know for a fact she was probably cheating anyways.

• 1Like