Sports Entertainment

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
so, let's occum's razor this thing... what's more likely, enzo is starving for attention so he crashes a PPV of his former employer (which he bought a ticket for)? or this is some stupid storyline setup for him to return to wrestling.

uh. honestly it could go either way...

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Yep. He bought a ticket nearly front row camera facing. He stood and actually started doing his entrances and promos from his WWE character mid match and trying to get audience members to join in. Huge distraction. Rumors all over from hes certifiably crazy to stalking his ex (Liv Morgan) to getting publicity for his rap album/career. Did not make that last part up btw. I am banking on 50% high and batshit crazy and 50% pub stunt.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Trademarks have been filed for a new wrestling promotion (possibly The Elite) : SquaredCircle

Other wrestling news outlets are picking up the Reddit sleuthing.

Looks like we may get a legit promotion with some money behind it. The Khan family (Jags owner) is putting up the cash. All the pieces fit. With SD moving to Friday on the Fox deal Tuesday is open. Tuesday Night Dynamite has a good ring to it.

It's about time. ROH and Impact are the real losers but I am excited. WWE isn't going to suffer one bit. But it's always good to have a legit alternative for the fans and to push innovation. Also, with the talent out there today having a second promotion for the underused or unused talent is good all around. Really is a win win

Hosix

All labs matter!
Trademarks have been filed for a new wrestling promotion (possibly The Elite) : SquaredCircle

Other wrestling news outlets are picking up the Reddit sleuthing.

Looks like we may get a legit promotion with some money behind it. The Khan family (Jags owner) is putting up the cash. All the pieces fit. With SD moving to Friday on the Fox deal Tuesday is open. Tuesday Night Dynamite has a good ring to it.

It's about time. ROH and Impact are the real losers but I am excited. WWE isn't going to suffer one bit. But it's always good to have a legit alternative for the fans and to push innovation. Also, with the talent out there today having a second promotion for the underused or unused talent is good all around. Really is a win win

I hope this turns into something. Maybe it will push WWE to be a little more creative? For fucks sake it’s getting lame and boring.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Absolutely. This might not be Billionare Ted money but - wait the Khans might actually be worth more. Anyways if they got a TV show name trademarked maybe there is a TV deal already in the works. They are fighting a huge uphill battle and WWE have such a lead so to speak but they absolutely can carve out a powerful and profitable niche. WWE figured out the network and made it work with PPVs but it creates a lot of original content and has a enormous library. But hey you gotta start somewhere.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Product will improve if they can get the Monday night wars back. This is why I'm glad someone is stepping back into the ring to challenge wwe. Really hoping they can poach some wwe stars that like old school wrestling. They will also need some good writers so hopefully they don't get washed up wwe writers like russo.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Cody and Co. routinely roasts Russo. No way they sign him as creative lead. Certainly a lot of room for mid and low carders from WWE to find a place there. They can pull internationally and from other smaller promotions. The key is the money is there to back this. I wouldn't go nuts on signing talent for big money. You're just repeating WCW in the late 90s. But that won't happen. They're too smart for that. It's gotta be a good mix of established indies/NJPW, WWE, and home grown talent.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I was really happy with Survivor Series.

Becky Lynch is a real star, everything that happened has really elevated Charlotte Flair (now also beating up Ronda Rousey and being cheered for it) and Nia Jax (gone from no crowd reaction to massive boos). Looking forward to what happens next.

Daniel Bryan is pretty interesting now too, that was a really cool match, having the "weakness" beaten out of him by Brock Lesnar then kicking him in the dick twice. I also want The Miz to turn face now to battle him (seems like there's seeds of this already).

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Current heels in WWE:

Drew McEntyre - here to clean up the locker room of lazy wrestlers without work ethic.
Daniel Bryan - hates people that treat the Earth and the environment like trash.
Samoa Joe - preaches responsibility when you go out to drink and be there for your family.
Bobby Lashley - dont be a coach potato, get off your ass and workout so you're not a unhealthy loser.
The Revival - they want fair tag team rules and not where a tag team can use three or more wrestlers.

That's modern day writing folks.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Current heels in WWE:

Drew McEntyre - here to clean up the locker room of lazy wrestlers without work ethic.
Daniel Bryan - hates people that treat the Earth and the environment like trash.
Samoa Joe - preaches responsibility when you go out to drink and be there for your family.
Bobby Lashley - dont be a coach potato, get off your ass and workout so you're not a unhealthy loser.
The Revival - they want fair tag team rules and not where a tag team can use three or more wrestlers.

That's modern day writing folks.
Drew McEntyre - cheats and attacks the faces with superior numbers, but can actually hold his own in a fight anyway

The New Daniel Bryan - went partially insane in a hyperbaric chamber and had Brock Lesnar beat the remaining sanity out of him because The Miz was right about him all along

Samoa Joe - master of psychological warfare with borderline shoot promos

Bobby Lashley - injured Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens off TV, had his vanity triggered by Lio Rush because he really does have a godlike body

The Revival -
giphy.gif

There are a bunch of shit heels, but other than The Revival who have always been underwhelming, the ones you listed are actually pretty good at the moment. Raw is actually in trouble right now with shit like Baron Corbin, Dean Ambrose, AoP, The Ascension and Tamina so it's not like there isn't stuff to critisise.

Smackdown is great at the moment, there's only maybe Shane McMahon who is a bit shit over there but I don't think he's fully turned heel yet - Nakamura is underused but I wonder if he is secretly slightly injured from that dog attack still and it's interesting how he never defends his title because usually either himself or Randy Orton causes a DQ.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
It tough for them to make a modern day heel. Back in the day when kayfaybe was still alive they could build characters. Now characters are really built by fan reactions because we can peel back the layers of booking and creative. So how does WWE management (really Vince) build up heels today? Jinder had heel heat. And if you count Nia getting XPac heat for her slip up who else in the last two years really is getting genuine character heel heat?

So I find it curious that each one of the aforementioned heels have incorporated what is seemingly GOOD things as a way to push you off enough to boo them. Fascinating when you think about it. I am pretty sure if a blonde, tanned beach body came out to Real American preaching about saying your prayers and taking your vitamins would get massive heat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Elias got heat doing basic "local town sports sucks" with a guitar. Other than that, I think the Miz is the only heel to get an appropriate response.

A quick tip when introducing new people to WWE. The good guys are the ones calling people bitches, while the bad guys are the ones who have friends/wives/an issue they care about.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
He did and who could forget the nuclear heat he and Owen's got in Seattle for pissing on the Sonics. Holy shit. Legit loudest boos on TV I heard since may Hogan turning. BUT...other than that instance once he says, "what does WWE stand for?" he has the whole crowd with him. And now they turned him face because they had no choice.