Sports Entertainment

Chris

Potato del Grande
I thought that was a really good episode of RAW but missing a main event, wow was I surprised when someone starts screaming in the back and it's fucking Ronda Rousey trapped in an arm bar. They seem to be hinting at Nia Jax getting invovled at Survivor Series since she's shown up a few times in Ronda's promos for it, I want Becky Lych to win though.

Men's gauntlet match seems a little weird, the Raw team is super strong and they gave us a few nice incentives to have them win (Strowman kills Corbin and faces Lesnar again), McIntyre hasn't been pinned yet either. Meanwhile the Smackdown team has infighting and Shane McMahon.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
unfortunately it's all pretty telegraphed with becky losing to ronda. on paper this is a very straight forward "heel blindsiding the face, face scares everyone away from the ring, face earns the win from the heel at the big ppv." unfortunately, wwe can read the crowd about as well as blizzard and keeps thinking that becky is a heel. becky could start executing hostages and the crowd would still chant her name

• 3Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Possible broken nose and concussion. Becky off SS looks like if true. Thanks, Nia. The list is now Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley, and Asuka that she's hurt. Need confirmation on Becky. Good god man.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know accidents happen, like when Seth Rollins was on a run of hurting everyone, but this is pretty bad. Who throws a punch like that in a big brawl?

Hosix

All labs matter!
Ya that looked pretty viscous. I give her credit for staying in it and using the blood to look like a badass.

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
I know shit like this happens. It's people making fake fighting look real. It happens to even the best. But Nia was signed in 2014. Called up in 2016. She is greeeeeeeen. In addition to the above wrestlers she injured Alexa and Tamina too. She's big. That's her gimmick. But you gotta learn how to do things right. Vince cant put up with this shit much longer. You cant have a non improving wrestler keep taking out your talent. She is still getting pushed is the insane thing. She completely fully punched Becky. WTF? This is pro wrestling not a bar room brawl. She just took out the hottest thing WWE had. The facial fractures heal. But the concussion? Now you're messing with careers. Ask Bret Hart and Daniel Bryan what happened to them. Hell Alexa is out now due to concussions. Hard not to hate but there is a long pattern. You have to start looking at WWE management in not addressing the unsafe worker.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

okay. so. this could actually work out. we all knew becky was going to lose to ronda at summerslam. becky herself said she wanted ronda at wrestlemania, so it looks like that might be the next actual step for that. that's still a ways off, but while becky is out recouperating, she basically just turns into the punisher. she comes back and she literally just starts dis-arm-hering EVERYONE. she starts with nia, and just goes down the list. before she was just looking to not be taken advantage of, but now? now she's become a reckoning. just a force of nature that cripples people before they cripple her.

right now? ronda and becky are fighting because they are the top of each other's brands. but at wrestlemania, the reason why ronda fights her is because everyone else is afraid of her. becky could even invade raw backstage several times, just leaving people broken. finally the girls at raw are like, someone has to do something! and ronda is like, fine, i'll do it.

there. then you have a reason for becky and ronda to fight, and you have a plausible reason for people to be happy (somewhat) that ronda wins

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Yes pulling the trigger on Rousey vs Flair now actually means they are not repeating that for Mania. Which means...Becky vs Rousey is odds on for Mania. Question is they dont do champ vs champ. Maybe they have her drop the belt. Becky can win RR and go to RAW. Just fantasy booking. Been a fan of Becky since NXT and guess just incredibly bummed. I dont watch WWE as much as I have been watching NJPW, Lucha, and Impact (seriously) since last Mania. Becky in the last 4 months was one of the few things that had me watching WWE

j00t

one of the best parts of becky is that she ALWAYS is in character. from what i understand, nia is a team player, story-wise, so i'm sure they all had a quick sit down to talk about what's okay to say and what's not.

in other news, xpac has reportedly sent a thank you letter to nia for being the new standard for negative heat.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
So the tag team survivor series match doesn't count for some reason, leaving only 6 brand vs brand matches. Are they going to tie this year?

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
Dont even know what to say about the Enzo situation. Just sad. Or are we getting worked. No way. Yeah, just sad.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user