Sports Entertainment

Chris

Potato del Grande
I heard women are heading WrestleMania this year. What an embarrassment to a form of entertainment that I didn't think could get any more embarrassing.
They earned it, it's been the best storyline all year with the best matches.

This video is what earned them the main event spot. Watch this from start until the end as important things happen at the beginning, middle and end:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I haven’t watched wrastlin in years, over a decade, and smack down is still “invading” raw? the WWE is proof positive of how important competition in the marketplace is, they were at their best when WCW was kicking their ass and have yet to recapture the magic and energy of those years.

Not saying the current product is bad, I don’t watch it so I will assume it’s still good because people are talking about it, but smack down invading again? God damn they need some real competition to play against.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
That was from Survivor Series build up, and that PPV during the brand split is traditionally Raw vs Smackdown.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I haven’t watched wrastlin in years, over a decade, and smack down is still “invading” raw? the WWE is proof positive of how important competition in the marketplace is, they were at their best when WCW was kicking their ass and have yet to recapture the magic and energy of those years.

Not saying the current product is bad, I don’t watch it so I will assume it’s still good because people are talking about it, but smack down invading again? God damn they need some real competition to play against.
It was Becky Lynch invading (with backup), there was no counter invasion or men involved like what usually happens. The invasion isn't why it was awesome though.

It was Becky getting injured for real during it and beating the shit out of Ronda Rousey while concussed and covered in her own blood. She doesn't actually rememeber doing any of it. This is after being overlooked for years for being a bad promo due to a foreign accent, but then completes the promo of the year while injured. It's also a failed heel turn and the crowd taking control of the storyline as every heel thing she did just got even louder cheers, to the point that Ronda Rousey was previously getting cheered but now has the crowd chanting "We want Becky" at her.

They had the cancel the match the day after and reschedule it for Wrestlemania.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Heh, she legit doesn't remember doing any of it? I thought that was all a work.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Heh, she legit doesn't remember doing any of it? I thought that was all a work.
No, Nia Jax legit punched her in the face and broke something giving her concussion.

The leg injury at the Royal Rumble was a work though (and dragged out way too long).

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
They earned it, it's been the best storyline all year with the best matches.

This video is what earned them the main event spot. Watch this from start until the end as important things happen at the beginning, middle and end:
What about this is supposed to impress me? She took a hit and kept wrestling? As in, she did exactly what wrestlers are paid to do and have always done? Steve Austin had his neck broken by Owen Hart and finished the match if I recall.

Hard for me to say whether they "earned it" or not but I suspect "earning it" has a lot to do with the fact that they paid Ronda a lot of money to show up and they're gonna get their money's worth.

Briefly reading up on this people are making it sound like there's a possibility that Ronda goes off script and smashes the orange hair cunt's face for real. I would guess that this is wrestlers now using social media to advance their storyline and wrestling fans being as gullible and delusional as ever, but it did make me slightly interested in N the match.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Stone Cold breaking his neck was his career ender though from what I remember. If you want to talk about people doing crazy shit, Hell in a Cell with mankind pretty much takes the top 3 spots

Needless

Toe Sucker
when did the WWE start importing more Japanese girls wtf, i need to watch more wrastlin'

kairi sane could break my neck anyday

Chris

Potato del Grande
What about this is supposed to impress me? She took a hit and kept wrestling? As in, she did exactly what wrestlers are paid to do and have always done? Steve Austin had his neck broken by Owen Hart and finished the match if I recall.

Hard for me to say whether they "earned it" or not but I suspect "earning it" has a lot to do with the fact that they paid Ronda a lot of money to show up and they're gonna get their money's worth.

Briefly reading up on this people are making it sound like there's a possibility that Ronda goes off script and smashes the orange hair cunt's face for real. I would guess that this is wrestlers now using social media to advance their storyline and wrestling fans being as gullible and delusional as ever, but it did make me slightly interested in N the match.
It's the absence of long term story telling and the underuse of talented people in WWE, the crowd and seemingly fate itself saying no and rising someone overlooked up to be a star with an accidental set of long term storylines involving the women.

What should impress you are the series of matches between Becky, Charlotte, Asuka and Ronda. They have been much better than the men's matches.

Ronda has been doing badly with her promos so if you don't like what she is doing on Twitter... yes that's the point lol. Nobody is impressed by her outside of the ring but she's never lost a match, it's the story of her downfall.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
becky has been killing it for a long time. she's better in and out of the ring then most of the men, and that's not an insult to the men. i am ABSOLUTELY BORED with ronda. i've never liked her. sure she can pull off the physicality of the matches but that's all she's got going for her. that SHOULD be enough, but then she pulls that stupid scrunchy face and she loses me.

becky/charlotte/ronda is definitely the best story they have going, and it's been a slow burn which is surprisingly fresh for wwe. on the other hand, there isn't really MUCH else going on, and WWE REALLY benefits from competition. it wants to be the best, but by only just enough. that's even including against itself. if there are multiple great storylines going on, they just keep getting better and better. if there's not much going on then the best is still the best, but it's not entirely entertaining.

that being said, again, the girls are definitely kicking butt. they seem to be the only cohesive and focused group (for the most part)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Becky/Charlotte/Rhonda WERE the best story going imo, but it's lost a lot of steam for me, I think adding Charlotte is what killed it for me. I don't like that they put the title on her for this match, I don't like that she was added to the match and the whole time shes seemed the odd (wo)man out. AS times went on with this story it seems like they are running out of things to do. I'm still looking forward to the match but it's not where it once was for me. I'm more into the Kofi/Bryan match now than I am anyone elses.

• 1Like
  • 1Leg Drop
Reactions: 1 users

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wonder if Ronda is going to be handing out receipts on Sunday

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Becky/Charlotte/Rhonda WERE the best story going imo, but it's lost a lot of steam for me, I think adding Charlotte is what killed it for me. I don't like that they put the title on her for this match, I don't like that she was added to the match and the whole time shes seemed the odd (wo)man out. AS times went on with this story it seems like they are running out of things to do. I'm still looking forward to the match but it's not where it once was for me. I'm more into the Kofi/Bryan match now than I am anyone elses.
Yeah the whole fake injury thing and all the arrests have been a bit dumb. It went off the rails shortly after the Royal Rumble.

They should have mostly kept them away from each other and just had Charlotte destroy the entire Smackdown roster, Ronda destroy what was left of the Raw roster and Becky appearing randomly to get revenge on people starting with a longer feud against Nia Jax. Then after Wrestlemania you bring in some NXT people to freshen things up and have some redemption stories as the rosters try to raise their game to be worthy of Charlotte/Becky/Ronda.

It's weird that the match will be winner takes all, I thought they would want to put one title on each of the four horsewomen to hint towards a WWE vs MMA horsewomen match the next Wrestlemania. I feel like the fans have really good long term ideas and WWE just does whatever gets them the best ratings next week.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users