Sports Entertainment

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i spell it rhonda because i never cared about her enough to actually check the real spelling.

here's the thing about her. i would be 100% in her corner if she felt genuine. maybe i'm the only one who feels this, and that's fine. i'll be an outlier. she's a self-identified geek. she loves video games, comic books and wrestling. but it sort of feels like she only wants to admit those things when "it's cool." she's got this tough girl persona that is absolutely false. there was an interview she did (i think it was conan?) a while back where she said her dad told her to just tilt her head down and try to look at her own eye brows and that's how you scowl. it was meant as good advice on how to look tough, but it's blatantly obvious that that's what she's doing EVERY TIME.

i would be all for her if she felt just... comfortable being her. charlotte isn't my favorite but she knows who she is. same with becky, sasha, bayley. as much as i hate nia jax, she looks comfortable in who she is. next time ronda's on, watch her facial expressions. there's no transitional expressions. she's either happy, pensive or "tough girl" with zero inbetween stages.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ronda Rousey is just inconsistent because she is new and the RAW writers are shit.

Her "happy to be here" smily character has worn thin now she is established. When she is angry and in someone's face like with Becky Lynch she is great, when she is talking about millenials or being friends with Natalya or the Bellas she is pretty terrible. I'm happy watching her wrestle which is the whole point right?

Like with Charlotte and Asuka, this Becky Lynch stuff is really elevating her character and making her a lot better. Can you imagine a parallel universe were the Becky chants were ignored and her face wasn't broken by Nia Jax? The women's division would be shit and we'd be talking about SJWs making them main event all of a sudden.

j00t

honestly i can't imagine any kind of universe where becky isn't cheered

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Ronda has been exposing the shit out of the business on Twitter. Jim Cornette is probably shitting bricks over it. I get that we all know wrestling is "predetermined" but part of the fun is the fantasy of pretending it is for real.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Cornette is always shitting bricks, kayfabe or otherwise. It's his superpower.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ronda has been exposing the shit out of the business on Twitter. Jim Cornette is probably shitting bricks over it. I get that we all know wrestling is "predetermined" but part of the fun is the fantasy of pretending it is for real.
I wonder if the twitter stuff is Ronda's amateur attempt to keep up with Becky's twitter game, or if she is actually losing her shit at not being the top WWE female wrestler anymore?

You'd think they would help her script her twitter promos to NOT say that wrestling is fake. You'd think that Ronda and Becky would be planning sequences of tweets together that made sense.

j00t

for whatever bizarro reason, they let the wrestlers themselves have creative control on their WWE OFFICIAL twitter. that's how you get lio rush saying stupid stuff on there and everyone turning on him (when emma left). twitter is just an odd space for kayfabe. becky's account is perfect example. you get her fighting with charlotte on smackdown, then later that night she'll post some goofy pun-filled tweet with charlotte laughing in the background. so you think, okay twitter isn't kayfabe. but then the next night both charlotte and becky are tweet-fighting.

it gives the wrestlers their space to lead their character without a script, but WWE all uses to start feuds (ronda and ruby) that need to happen in order to serve a larger feud that they don't have tv time for. CLEARLY vince is in charge. you know he doesn't care AT ALL about social media. when steph and HHH fully takeover they will absolutely script out each and every tweet any of their talent sends

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
FB_IMG_1551809067372.jpg

j00t

yeah, really sucks about ciampa. arguably one of wrestlings greatest fueds is going to just get dropped completely in the third act.

also, looks like ronda is going off the rails. she can't not keep calling wrestling fake. i'm not sure what her plan is

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I heard women are heading WrestleMania this year. What an embarrassment to a form of entertainment that I didn't think could get any more embarrassing.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users